DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=987555#.Ur1ulPRDsuc

Cue Center for Missing Persons continues to search for Heather Elvis

From this link:
missinggirl(1).JPG

I can too. She worked at The Tilted Kilt which is at Broadway At The Beach, they're open until 2am so many nights she was probably just getting off and it wouldn't be unusual for her to go get something to eat late.

And we should be able to do that without fear, but the way things are these days, men and women are at risk. Sad state of affairs that so few can ruin it for so many.

Have the 2 shooting suspects on the run been found yet ? (Still, like Knox said, the car left behind doesn't quite make sense in this possible scenario, as one would think they would be in a hurry to split town... Could any of them have possibly been injured, hence the delay in splitting town?)...could we have a possible hostage situation here or has that been ruled out?

Either Heather's car at Peachtree is a BIG RED HERRING or it was a closeby, convenient place to dump the car at the moment. jmo
I'm thinking at this point that its possible maybe more than one perp could be involved.

FYI- 'Founder of CUE; Monica Caison; The Searcher's childhood friend Melinda Harder, went missing from Saint Petersburg, Florida. She set out on a journey searching for her. Monica Caison found her friend almost 3 decades later in a FL morgue(jane doe) via DNA/NAMUS. The CUE family began by folks she met on the journey that offered to help..
http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/melinda-harder-dna-act/
Melinda Harder – DNA Act
October 16, 2009
CUE aiding in the solving of 28 year old cold case, now working for better laws to serve cases such as Melinda Harder who was missing from Saint Petersburg, Florida and long time childhood freind of CUE founder, Monica Caison.

Here's a book written about her by Jane Bradley: 'You Believers'
http://janebradley.net/ybessay.html

A Story of CUE:

Finding Faith in You Believers

I met Monica Caison by chance it seemed at the time. I came down here to Wilmington to meet Monica mainly because I was curious. I’d heard she was tough and smart and kind, that she spent her life helping those with missing loved ones. I knew without even meeting her that she was the kind of woman I needed to know. I was introduced to her by my realtor in Toledo, a woman named Penny Carr Britton. I set out to buy a house through Penny, but we turned out spending more time talking about her daughter Peggy, who had gone missing years earlier. And after an arduous seven-month search—with the full-throttle support and guidance of Monica Caison and CUE—Peggy’s remains were found and brought back to her home in Toledo.
<sniped - read More>

I keep thinking if the boat ramp was the stash point for the car how did whomever did this get home. If they walked someone would have surely seen someone walking home. Surely someone would remember getting called at 3 am in the morning to come pick them up. Furthermore if a person just left for a few hours someone would have to notice that their gone. Another possibility nobody has mention is, what if heather went to pick someone up that was intoxicated or impaired.

J

Above BBM: I think this is a good point. It seems to me, ordinarily, calling your friend to say what a great date you had, would tend to signify you were in for the night. Unless, she spoke with the roommate 12ish and the 3:00 call was from someone asking her to come out, pick them up, whatever.

Do we know if she was a smoker? I could see running out for a pack of cigarettes. If a date dropped her off, she may not have felt comfortable asking him to stop to pick up some needed item.

I wonder if the Peachtree landing spot has any drug activity. Could she have been picking up something for herself/someone else? Or picking up someone that was partying there.

That whole line about no else admitting to speaking to her after 3 continues to be bothersome.

Ok, thinking out loud:

Say a couple of thugs, or group of thugs was out strolling looking for trouble and they happened to come across Heather somewhere....if they intercepted her, say at a traffic light, or in the middle of the road at a stop, or in front of a business (convenience store, gas station, fast food), they might not want to leave her car sitting out in the open abandoned like that, blocking traffic, or attracting immediate attention, etc....So maybe they grabbed Heather, and one of them followed in her car. They dumped her car at the landing, then all left together in one vehicle to another location. Or the timing of this could also be switched in the sense that perhaps they proceeded directly in both vehicles from the abduction site to another location, then later dumped the car.

An important thing to figure out imo is WHERE EXACTLY IS THE POINT OF ABDUCTION? WHERE WAS SHE INTERCEPTED?

:banghead:There should be more activity on this thread. I really don't get it. Where is everyone???

I've been following...

So she has this date and is home by midnight. Do we really KNOW that she got back home? Have we confirmed this?

I'd like "ratz" to come back and hopefully clear a few things up. We also have the ex - who may or may not have been verbally abusive. Was he upset that she moved into a new place? Since it was a new place, who used to live there? Could this have been mistaken identity? I read that she moved in about 2 weeks before she vanished. Just a thought.

I need to learn more about this 3am - ping or call? I'd also like to know when the roommate received this call, did they talk? What did they dish about? Was her ex mentioned at all? I find it weird that we havent heard anything from the roommate. I get that she was out of town but if she was possibly the last one that spoke with Heather...I'd personally be a bit more forthcoming.

hlegate, at this point... We have a couple posts from new members who offered information, but did not cite sources. I would not necessarily discount what they said. BUT, until we get some source information, I would not base too many theories off the info they offered either. [NO slight to the posters of that information.]

The "known facts" post I offered was based on photographs Heather posted and info I dug up from either her online persona's or via MSM.

YMMV, so keep reading, thinking and speculating. We need to bring Heather home safey.

I'm new here too, and was wondering if this had been posted yet? On her facebook page it says she is in a relationship with B<modsnip>. Is this the roommate?

I'm here, too. I just don't have any ideas right now that haven't already been contributed.
I wish I had a good feeling about this poor girl being found safely & brought back to her family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here - but struggling on how to contribute. :(

Glad you're here. Just frustrated as, IME, threads like these tend to have dozens and dozens of viewers, at least in the early stages.

The more viewers, the more the word gets out and the more ideas to discuss.

It is difficult, and frustrating, to try to contribute from afar. But just being here in numbers, increases the chances that someone will come up with something. So, thanks again for being here.

Any locals know if this serial carjacking RSO has been apprehended?

http://www.wbtw.com/story/23626345/...bbed-at-knife-point-vehicle-stolen-police-say

Convicted sex offender wanted in Horry County carjacking robberies
Posted: Oct 07, 2013 10:51 AM EDT
Updated: Oct 08, 2013 6:24 PM EDT

CONWAY, SC (WBTW) - A convicted sex offender is now on the run from the law and police say he was involved in several robberies and carjackings.

Police are searching for Patrick Gause, 36. He is 6'1 and 225 pounds.

This all started Monday morning. Conway Police said Gause robbed a taxi driver at knifepoint at the corner of Gasoline Alley and Singleton Street and stole the driver's car.

According to reports, he drove that car to Myrtle Beach, dropped it off and called a cab.
<sniped - read more much more>

Here is a list of convictions and cases that involve Gause. Click on case number for details

Thinking out loud here brainstorming, if the perp(s) is closeby to Heather (neighbor), or someone close and known to Heather, and they intercepted her at the home, maybe they are dumping the car further away so as to distract from this vicinity and make it appear she had been out driving somewhere, or went to meet someone there, etc, etc.

Sometimes I can give too much credit to some perps, thinking they are some highly intelligent, methodical individuals who meticulously planned certain details, when sometimes its just a stupid, cracked out, spontaneous crime.

So, my question is: is Heather's disappearance related to someone she knows and trusts, or the work of random perps (or say psycho customer or neighbor), and if the answer if B, how organized of a perp do we have?

Are we dealing with one, or more than one perp here?

Also, any jealous girlfriends ("mean girls")?

Sorry, I clipped this to answer this particular question:
My thinking is if she went out for food she would have taken Hwy 501 West towards Conway to Carolina Forest Crossing. There is a McDonalds that's open pretty late, 2 am I think. Zaxby's, Bojangles are there too but I think they close around 11 or 12 pm. Kroger is the closest grocery store and it's right in that same shopping center. It's a newer area and pretty well lit. During the winter places tend to close earlier here. There is also a gas station there too.

Does anyone know where Heather went on her date? No one has said what she was wearing at the time of her disappearance.

Actually, I just drove all around her house and I believe the Food Lion is closer. There's a Shell with a convenience store across 501 and a BP a short way up towards the shopping center you were speaking of. Some of the bars near her (Ron John's and Magoo's) might have been open still too--perhaps she knew people that worked there since she works for a restaurant herself?

Ok, thinking out loud:

Say a , couple of thugs, or group of thugs was out strolling looking for trouble and they happened to come across Heather somewhere....if they intercepted her, say at a traffic light, or in the middle of the road at a stop, they might not want to leave her car sitting out in the open abandoned like that blocking traffic, attracting immediate attention, etc....So maybe they grabbed Heather, and one of them followed in her car. They dumped her car at the landing, then all left together in one vehicle to another location. Or the timing of this could also be switched in the sense that perhaps they proceeded directly in both vehicles from the abduction site to another location, then later dumped the car.

An important thing to figure out imo is WHERE EXACTLY IS THE POINT OF ABDUCTION? WHERE WAS SHE INTERCEPTED?

margarita25, I agree... what was the point of abduction or point where she went missing? IMO, no place can be ruled out just yet.

I was thinking... dangerous, I know... maybe once she got home, someone called and asked her to meet them down at the landing. That person was already there when she arrived. She drove up beside them, facing the water and not in a parking space. She shut off the car and began to talk to that person. After that (or during that conversation)...Heather either voluntarily left her car or was confronted w/ a weapon and left without incident.
OR, slightly different variation...she moved over to the other vehicle to talk to the other person. After that (or during that conversation)...Heather & the other individual left the area in that vehicle. Something went awry and Heather is not in contact with her family right now (hoping for the best).

SWITCHING GEARS A BIT...
I have heard a couple mentions elsewhere of a possible suicide -- primarily in relation to the fact that most of the publicly noted searches have been in the water near Peachtree Landing. I heartily DISAGREE with that theory.

IF the police had information that pointed to a suicide (such as a note), they would not have CUE and others here searching for the body. They would have a small group of resources working on body recovery -- firemen, DNR & LEO's, but that's all.

IMO, the LEO's have some good clues that Heather left her car or apartment/condo alive, with all intentions of returning. The fact that they are not releasing information about the car, purse, phone, her clothes, etc tells me there is a "hold back" they are keeping close to the vest for a reason. Furthermore, JMO, I think that hold back is the reason for the search concentration around Peachtree Landing.

I don't like posting blind theories, but it's been 10 days now... and we have to move forward somehow.

I also want to know more about this strip club nearby, and crime ridden apartments nearby mentioned upstream...they need to run the dogs through the property of those neighboring apartments if not done so already.

Keep the great ideas coming folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member