SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following...

So she has this date and is home by midnight. Do we really KNOW that she got back home? Have we confirmed this?

I'd like "ratz" to come back and hopefully clear a few things up. We also have the ex - who may or may not have been verbally abusive. Was he upset that she moved into a new place? Since it was a new place, who used to live there? Could this have been mistaken identity? I read that she moved in about 2 weeks before she vanished. Just a thought.

I need to learn more about this 3am - ping or call? I'd also like to know when the roommate received this call, did they talk? What did they dish about? Was her ex mentioned at all? I find it weird that we havent heard anything from the roommate. I get that she was out of town but if she was possibly the last one that spoke with Heather...I'd personally be a bit more forthcoming.

This is such a heartbreaking case (they all are). No family should have tone terrorized like this. The community must be proactive and send out the signal that snatching young ladies won't be tolerated. When someone's daughter is taken, everyone's daughter is taken. As far as RSO's, IMO they should have tracking chips implanted since there are too many to properly monitor them. Just knowing where they reside is not enough. We all must stand with the Elvis family and get them through this. Heather, come home!!

Beautifully stated. The Elvis family needs to know we all want Heather found safe, asap.

Swear, I was thinking tracking/gps chips should be implanted too. I understand this is a VERY sensitive topic and involves human right issues/laws.. yada yada. However, when are we as a nation going to step forward and say "enough is enough" and take some serious action to protect our loved ones and ourselves? I truly hope that a RSO has no involvement in Heather's disappearance.

I am a senior now, but Myrtle Beach holds fond memories. Since I was eight years old, my family drove to MB for Easter vacation. The locals all were warm and friendly people, so eager to take care of us. This is what I want to remember about this town and will always cherish the time spent with my family there. Judging from the search turnout, MB is really making a huge effort and I am sure the Elvis family is touched by everyone's help and support. I can only hold a silent vigil here from Maine, along with spreading the word and offering prayers. I would rather be down there to lend a hand. Who is behind this?? We must stop this madness, some way, some how. I have to keep faith that goodness will triumph over evil. It helps to read all the caring posts from fellow sleuthers. I'm proud to be here with you all!!!!

Gosh what a desolate place! Where are you Heather?

The road to the landing is dismal too. Kind of sketchy neighborhood with run down homes, abandoned buildings mixed in with nicer places. Very dark too. I would hate to have to knock on doors if I needed help in that area. Hope no one is insulted by my observation - but it's my opinion.

I am bringing Margarita25's post from earlier, which includes a map, with the Tilted Kilt, and other locations labeled (it's Google Earth, not a GoogleMap).

Here's the earlier GoogleEarth map:

Margartia25 GoogleEarth Map

This was from page #5 of this thread, and can be found here:

Thread: SC SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 View Single Post #123

If another WSer has a working map of all of the Points of Interest, by all means, please post it.

I'm just wanting to have a visual (i.e. photobucket) available for quick reference on the thread, especially for those who are mobile, and unable to make every link work from their devices.

I am trying to figure out how to combine all of the locations together.

Thank you Margarita25 for all the work you've done on these maps!
:yourock:

399_zpsc753a09f.jpg

I updated my map and added some other addresses that you folks have mentioned. The boat landing location on my first map was a bit off and I corrected that.

Thank you farmhand for your awesome map and the map updates! (Kimi, farmhand actually created that original image map in BD's thread, I just reposted the link here. :) I can not take credit for its creation. :) ) Kimi, you did well on the other map, also, the google earth one-- I can't take credit for that one either because you put in the new coordinates :). Either way, great teamwork folks! That's what its all about!

You guys are doing great here. Awesome to see all the locals here!

The store idea makes a ton of sense. She recently moved, her roommate was out of town; maybe there was a lack of food in her new place? (Possible scenario): She drives her vehicle to the store and that's when she vanished (IMO was abducted)? I wonder if Heather shopped at a 24 hour grocery store on a regular basis or if she bought items at a local convenience store? Locals, would you be able to give your help on the stores in the area/where she shopped? If it's a local store, maybe that's why the phone did not ping off another tower? O/T. (I make purchases at a 24 hour convenience store; I'm positive my phone would not ping another tower due to the close distance from my place to the local convenience store.)

All JMHO.
Sorry, I clipped this to answer this particular question:
My thinking is if she went out for food she would have taken Hwy 501 West towards Conway to Carolina Forest Crossing. There is a McDonalds that's open pretty late, 2 am I think. Zaxby's, Bojangles are there too but I think they close around 11 or 12 pm. Kroger is the closest grocery store and it's right in that same shopping center. It's a newer area and pretty well lit. During the winter places tend to close earlier here. There is also a gas station there too.

Does anyone know where Heather went on her date? No one has said what she was wearing at the time of her disappearance.

Beautifully stated. The Elvis family needs to know we all want Heather found safe, asap.

Swear, I was thinking tracking/gps chips should be implanted too. I understand this is a VERY sensitive topic and involves human right issues/laws.. yada yada. However, when are we as a nation going to step forward and say "enough is enough" and take some serious action to protect our loved ones and ourselves? I truly hope that a RSO has no involvement in Heather's disappearance.

I'm the last person who wishes to violate human rights, but I believe this should not be the case when someone has already violated another human being's rights to begin with. Sex offenders violate in the most heinous and personal manner. They cannot be trusted to not offend again. Why should they have their rights protected when the poor victim doesn't? If I am possibly going to be hunted, I want to know who is stalking me.

RE: 13 Billboards donated to help in the search for Heather Elvis

The public is a very valuable investigative tool when utilized in missing person cases. Many times aware citizens may have information, yet not know its significance due to close to the vest investigative strategies. Although the FBI has a billboard iniative today, billboards were first used by FL investigators in the Rogers family homicide investigation in 1990.
The following Pulitizer Prize winning article paints a picture of their effectiveness ..

St.Petersburg Times - 1998
The Pulitzer Prizes | Angels and Demons
www.pulitzer.org/archives/7892
Angels and Demons. Sunset - Chapter 1
By: Thomas French

One year had gone by since the murders, and then another, and now the investigators were deep into a third. They were working day and night, working weekends, putting off vacations, losing weight, gaining weight, growing pale and pasty and haggard, waking at 3 a.m. with a jolt and scratching notes on pads beside their beds. Their sergeant did not know if they would ever find the answer. As far as he was concerned, the case was not even in their hands.

Ultimately, he believed, it was up to God whether they made an arrest.

A born-again Christian, the sergeant carried a Bible in his briefcase. He had no doubt that both heaven and hell were real. He saw good and evil not as theoretical or philosophical concepts, but as absolute realities walking upright through the world. He believed in the forces of light and darkness. He believed in demonic possession. He took it as a matter of fact that Satan and his cohorts currently reigned over the Earth.

"I believe there are demons all around us," he would say, "just as I believe there are angels all around us."

<sniped - read more>

Re: going out at midnight.

She's 20 and in college. I'm thinking back to when *I* was 20 and in college, living on my own (albeit in a dorm) and the amount of times we ran out in the middle of the night after already being out. We had 2 convenient stores within 3 miles of us and we would always go there. I went to the 2nd oldest catholic university in the USA and it's literally in the middle of NOWHERE. lol. So I CAN see her going out at midnight for a quick run.

Re: going out at midnight.

She's 20 and in college. I'm thinking back to when *I* was 20 and in college, living on my own (albeit in a dorm) and the amount of times we ran out in the middle of the night after already being out. We had 2 convenient stores within 3 miles of us and we would always go there. I went to the 2nd oldest catholic university in the USA and it's literally in the middle of NOWHERE. lol. So I CAN see her going out at midnight for a quick run.

I can too. She worked at The Tilted Kilt which is at Broadway At The Beach, they're open until 2am so many nights she was probably just getting off and it wouldn't be unusual for her to go get something to eat late.

A couple of questions for everyone. What is your theory regarding Heather's vehicle ending up at Peachtree Landing? What are your thoughts about how the person or people left PL? (Who knows, maybe this person is hiding in the forest? Doubt it, but anything is possible).

With so many possibilities, I'm curious what seems the most reasonable/likely scenario. Did she drive there under the threat of a weapon from someone? Did the perp park her car there and get a ride or perhaps walk away? Did a taxi pick someone up near by? Could it be possible there were two people, one driving HE's vehicle and one following? Did just one person approach her (on foot, no vehicle) and drove the car to Peachtree Landing? Just brainstorming off the fact of where her car was discovered.

I keep thinking if the boat ramp was the stash point for the car how did whomever did this get home. If they walked someone would have surely seen someone walking home. Surely someone would remember getting called at 3 am in the morning to come pick them up. Furthermore if a person just left for a few hours someone would have to notice that their gone. Another possibility nobody has mention is, what if heather went to pick someone up that was intoxicated or impaired.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member