SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I saw on the FB page that we should call CUE after 2 pm tomorrow to find out about volunteering for Saturday.

Just posted on findheatherelvis FB page so please note the 8:00 8:30 am time request:

"Anyone with BOATING EXPERIENCE and with a BOAT, CUE Center needs your help tomorrow with a search effort at Peachtree Landing, 6699 Peachtree Road, Myrtle Beach, SC 29588. Please arrive between 8 and 8:30am. This is a volunteer effort and any and all help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!"

2qxx9qc.jpg

Is this a camera?
http://goo.gl/maps/mUfyv

JMO, that looks like the back side of a camera affixed to the bridge upright. Good find Knox!

Look what I found while following up on Knox's discovery... this one is DEFINITELY a security camera!!
http://goo.gl/maps/3CGFX
It's on the bridge tender's shack. Also, found another camera on the other end of the bridge, attached to an upright. Sent info on to crimetips@horrycounty.org (HCPD) and posted on their FB page.

I'm looking for more now...

I hope new information is released soon, it's frightening that someone vanishes into thin air. With Heather starting a new job it doesn't make sense that she'd disappear on her own.
Is there any way for police to know if someone on Heather's Facebook unfriended her since her disappearance?

My understanding is Facebook doesn't notify you if someone unfriends you (although i believe there are some websites you can sign up for that will alert you--though I'm not sure why you'd want to know LOL).

I'm sure, however, that Facebook could find this out for LE if they were so inclined. But I'd think an attacker would want to stay friends so they could keep an eye on what people are posting to her FB page--if they get mentioned and so forth.

JMO, that looks like the back side of a camera affixed to the bridge upright.

But, look what I did find... this one is DEFINITELY a security camera!!
It's on the bridge tender's shack.

I'm looking for more now.

I'm thinking the bridges in the area would give a closer view if someone else was driving Heather's car. We don't know if someone else drove around with her in the car or if they went directly to Peachtree Landing and dropped the car off.

JMO, that looks like the back side of a camera affixed to the bridge upright. Good find Knox!

Look what I found while following up on Knox's discovery... this one is DEFINITELY a security camera!!
It's on the bridge tender's shack. Also, found another camera on the other end of the bridge, attached to an upright. Sent info on to crimetips@horrycounty.org (HCPD) and posted on their FB page. ...

I'm thinking the bridges in the area would give a closer view if someone else was driving Heather's car. We don't know if someone else drove around with her in the car or if they went directly to Peachtree Landing and dropped the car off.

Correct...and I'm thinking the footage could show a car following, passengers in her car, etc. With three cameras on the bridge, LE should be able to get a pretty good view of vehicles passing both ways on that bridge.

For the life of me, I CANNOT believe that a security camera somewhere in this area did not record Heather's movements that night. Even if a person didn't see anything, a camera most certainly had to.

My understanding is Facebook doesn't notify you if someone unfriends you (although i believe there are some websites you can sign up for that will alert you--though I'm not sure why you'd want to know LOL).

I'm sure, however, that Facebook could find this out for LE if they were so inclined. But I'd think an attacker would want to stay friends so they could keep an eye on what people are posting to her FB page--if they get mentioned and so forth.

If someone she knew caused her harm they may unfriend her or delete their account. I think it would be suspicious for someone to unfriend her now.

If someone unfriended me on FB more power to them! LOL

Correct...and I'm thinking the footage could show a car following, passengers in her car, etc. With three cameras on the bridge, LE should be able to get a pretty good view of vehicles passing both ways on that bridge.

Bingo!

I'm confused as to where she went after her date--her own apt in Carolina Forest or her parents' home down near Surfside? I thought MSM was saying the last ping came from CF area?

>>nm, just say a post that clarified this.

I'm surprised they count her community as Carolina Forest though. There's also a lot of, um, tired looking businesses lining 501 right there by River Oaks. I wonder which, if any, have late night activity.

The area is considered Carolina Forest. There is a strip club right on Waccamaw Blvd. that is open pretty late but that's it in the area.

I wonder if there are cameras at any of the businesses along Waccamaw Blvd.

Traffic cams ... http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/traffic/ - I don't think most record though. When I google walked the road leading to PTL, I noticed a Church which faces the road. Maybe they have a security camera, also all those homes on the way out. If the road area in spots is somewhat lit, maybe a home system may have caught her car passing by.

For the life of me, I CANNOT believe that a security camera somewhere in this area did not record Heather's movements that night. Even if a person didn't see anything, a camera most certainly had to.

That's what is so astounding. With technology what it is, there should be some footage somewhere to give clues as to what happened to her. It's as though she's vanished into thin air.

Interesting that the Trulia crime map for near her apartment shows report of a suspicious person/vehicle on the 17th!within a block or two--and that this doesn't seem to be a rare occurrence.

Does that mean someone(s) from that area reported suspicious person/vehicle?

Could Heather have had a stalker"

:waitasec:

Isn't there a BP gas station right there close by?

There is a BP right by the strip club. The thing is, I bet most of the cameras around here don't work, especially this time of year. Myrtle Beach is not a wealthy area and Horry County makes most of it's money from tourism... which is why we have road projects that sit unfinished (like 31 not extending to peachtree road. Waccamaw Blvd. and Fantasy Harbor businesses are nearly abandoned.

There is a BP right by the strip club. The thing is, I bet most of the cameras around here don't work, especially this time of year. Myrtle Beach is not a wealthy area and Horry County makes most of it's money from tourism... which is why we have road projects that sit unfinished (like 31 not extending to peachtree road. Waccamaw Blvd. and Fantasy Harbor businesses are nearly abandoned.

Very true. The strip club there is Fantails. Their website says "Video surveillance security for our well lit parking lot areas to keep vehicles safe." Strange that their website would state that.

Very true. The strip club there is Fantails. Their website says "Video surveillance security for our well lit parking lot areas to keep vehicles safe." Strange that their website would state that.

Probably because of all the drugs and stuff at River Landing Apartments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli