SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: tumblr. It is both possible for you to queue things to be posted at different times in the future AND to post from your smart phone (for example, I have the app on my smart phone and can reblog from there)
The date and time given is the time that the user reblogged it
(think of it like pinterest, you like what you see and you repost)
for her age, all if the x rated material is really par for the course, it tends to be all over tumblr.

Since she hasn't had any materials post AFTER the 18th, I think it might be reasonable to assume she doesn't queue much, or she would have planned for things to post past the day she went missing.

JMO

2ypbzhe.jpg

So the date I see here * http://hazy-dayys.tumblr.com/rss * is the date this was "created" by someone else? Then Heather re-blogged/linked to it on the 18th? Not familiar with how Tumbler works.

Yeah, the date on the RSS feed is the date she rebloged the entry, I'm not sure that means she was at home in front of a computer. She did have a smart phone and she could have had access to tumblr through the tumblr app on her android phone. so at 2:09am on dec 18th she was on tumblr. I'm in the process of looking through this threads entirety in search of a solid timeline of events, perhaps you find folks could clear things up and correct me if I'm wrong here

around midnight on the 17th she comes home from a date. (river oaks address)

around dec 17th at 3AM she calls her roommate

later on the afternoon or night of the 17th she went by her parents to pick up her mail. (last time she was seen)

then in light of recent posts on here she was active on tumblr up until 2:09AM

--Back at the intersection and to the left, past Bob Evans, is a small strip with a Midas, consignment shop that may not be in business, Lebanese deli and Magoo's bar. Not sure what that is like, but I personally wouldn't feel comfortable going there alone given the neighborhood.

--across 501 is a flooring shop on the left, and a Shell with a run-down looking convenience store. However, this one would probably be faster and more convenient than the BP.

Respectfully snipped:

I am a single woman, in my 40s. I am very comfortable going into the deli, Magoo's (great wings) and Ron Jon's (cheap burger and beer, great chili cheese fries).

Magoo's is frequented by a younger crowd, Ron Jon's is more diverse, but I have never felt in danger at either place.

I generally go to the BP if i need to run out for some random item. It is well lit and feels safe.

Did you go past White River, further out River Oaks? It has been developed some over the last few years, but it is still pretty desolate and it is a quick way to get to 31 North.

I'm about to post a lot of replies, so I apologize in advance. I'm a female in my 20s and I feel safe at the BP and I feel safe at the strip mall with Magoo's, Ron Jon's and Habibi's during the day. At night I wouldn't like to be at that strip mall or anywhere near River Landing Apartments by myself.

I live further down on River Oaks and it is a bit desolate but I feel safer here than I do nearer to 501.

I was just driving around the area and took some photos--not sure how helpful they'll be or what I have to do with them formatting-wise to post.

In words, several things jumped out at me...

-- Behind her condo is a drainage pond/golf course waterway. I could not tell how deep it is. I did find something odd along its edges a few buildings down, which I took a photo of and called in to police. I hope they get there to check it out before it disappears.

--there were 6 or so cars parked in front of her building--a lot more than other buildings, but the roommate may have come back and have others staying with her.

--there's a Jack Russell terrier on the second floor who was quick to bark when I got out of the car. But it looks like they may have had their front door open, which probably wouldn't be the case in the middle of the night. The owner definitely is not a college student.

--each condo seems to have an outdoor storage room outside of their unit, on the same floor, but near the stairs. Since she recently moved in, could she have been going there to get/put something away.

--There are train tracks that cross River Oaks Drive within maybe a quarter mile (I'm bad at judging distances though).

--At the intersection of her road and Waccamaw Blvd (which runs below but along the 501 overpass right there) is Golf Dimensions and Bob Evans. Neither had cameras that I could see.

--the only place right around there that I suspect would be open in the midnight-3 AM range would be (on the right--the other side of GD) Fantails and (behind it) Waccamaw Bowling lanes. The latter is very run down looking from the outside. Fantails has a ton of lights and cameras outside. None would probably catch anyone at the intersection (GD is a really long building), but to get to 31 (the fastest way IMO to the landing), they would have to drive by it.

--further up that road toward 31 is a BP with convenience store. Further up and to the left (across 501) is a Food Lion.

--Back at the intersection and to the left, past Bob Evans, is a small strip with a Midas, consignment shop that may not be in business, Lebanese deli and Magoo's bar. Not sure what that is like, but I personally wouldn't feel comfortable going there alone given the neighborhood.

--Then a golf academy and another small strip with Ron John's in it. I think someone got stabbed outside of there not too long ago, but I think it may have been a bar fight that got out of hand.

--across 501 is a flooring shop on the left, and a Shell with a run-down looking convenience store. However, this one would probably be faster and more convenient than the BP.

--there's a desolate lot between Shell and 501. Hang a right by the Shell and in a short distance you'll come to Danny's Bar and then Tiffany Cabaret.

--go straight or turn left and you have the former Hard Rock amusement park, now deserted with rides being sold off.

--If she got on 501 heading south, she'd be heading toward the mall and a lot if big nix stores. But there are some restaurants in and around there, though no fast food unless she went all the way out to 17.

Does that help at all?

Those railroad tracks have a LOT of missing posters. They've ever set up cones in the middle of the road where the tracks are. I found that to be interesting.

What about the 24 hour Walmart on Seaboard Street, does it have groceries? Strange things happen in Walmart parking lots.

Yes, it does have groceries. After a certain hour Walmart locks the sliding glass doors on one side of the building. A police officer once told me that Walmart is a dangerous place, I believe that. Joyce Donovan was kidnapped at the Walmart in Conway, SC which isn't that far away.

Just want to follow up that the Kroger is the only grocery store in the area that is open 24 hours. The Food Lion down on River Oaks closes at 11pm. The McDonalds and Bojangles near 31 and River Oaks also close early. The closest gas station to White River would be the BP on Waccamaw Blvd if she was grabbing something quick.

What about the Shell across 501 on River Oaks? The IHOP is open 24 hours, but that wouldn't be quick.

From the information I am reading it seems they are putting all their focus on the water. So there must be something indicating she's in the water. How far out would someone have to go to get rid of a body in this water. Is the current pretty fast, I just don't see what the urgency around the water is. I could see throwing the phone in the water which is why it went off at 3 am. However not a body.

We haven't had any rain since December 17 so there's nothing that should make the currents super strong. However, those waters can be pretty deep.

If that's her tumbler, she was actively trying to lose weight. Her UGW...ultimate goal weight...was 90lbs. That's pretty tiny.

From her twitter account:

https://twitter.com/HeatherElvis

On May 2nd she writes about a doctors appointment, then on May 3rd
she writes about her doctor asking her why she lost 5 pounds and basically
says she doesn't like him every visit every month, paraphrasing, and I think that means that he asks her the same thing every month.

Not sure if Heather smoked pot or not, but could she have been meeting up with someone to score some natural herbs? (Just throwing out ideas)

(o/t, FWIW, people in Colorado don't have to worry about these types of shady meetings anymore.) :peace:

There is a lot of drug use here in Horry County. I was more concerned about the perp being a drug user in this instance because I know from personal experience (have 2 addict uncles) that drug users will do anything for their next fix.

MSM means main stream media

I case you see these and wonder what they mean:
BBM bolded by me
IMHO in my humble opinion
MOO. My opinion only

When I first joined I wondered why so many of the posters were mooing!

Thank you, I'm fairly internet savvy but "MSM" had me totally stumped. :banghead:

Those railroad tracks have a LOT of missing posters. They've ever set up cones in the middle of the road where the tracks are. I found that to be interesting.

Yes, they do. On both sides too. But I didn't see any posters actually within River Oaks. Was wondering if the association had something to do with that?

I'm a local who has been following this story from day 1. I don't have much to add except:

1. If I were driving from the apartment she was last seen at to Peachtree, I would have taken Forestbrook Road personally, not 31.

2. I cannot quote who or where I heard this from, but I have been told her car was not processed before being released for her dad to drive it home. Which brings me to my next statement...

3. I do not have faith in the police department here. At all. There is never any sense of urgency in anything for them it seems, and I have seen many people say they have tried to call with tips that may or may not be of relevance and none of their calls have been returned. This upsets me very much.

4. I don't feel this is in any way connected to Brittany Drexel's case. I have always felt with her case, the suspect was someone from out of town, being that it was on the boulevard on spring break when she dissappeared. With Heather's case, I feel it is most likely someone local who knows the area well. I think they need to look at back road areas. For some reason somewhere like Watertower Road is calling to me... right off 31. Long dark isolated road that I always feel uneasy driving down at night.

Just my own little opinion.. take it or leave it. I hope she is found soon, and I hope she is safe, but unfortunately, it's not looking so good.

I have to agree with you that I don't have any faith in LE here, they do not seem to know what they're doing about anything.

What about the 24 hour Walmart on Seaboard Street, does it have groceries? Strange things happen in Walmart parking lots.

Walmart does have groceries. That Walmart is a bit scary too, my husband has told me I'm not to go there after dark without him.

I haven't seen anyone post Heather's Tumblr account yet but, here it is (NSFW):

http://hazy-dayys.tumblr.com/

Also, looking at the RSS time stamps, she posted 10 times between 01:53:05 and 02:09:48 on Wed, 18 Dec 2013 [putting her at home in front of her computer - ?]

If this really is her tumblr, I'm curious if she wasn't actually lesbian or at least bi. Maybe B<modsnip> really is an actual girlfriend?

I do not believe Heather is alive, and I doubt that opinion is popular, so am keeping quiet. The only way I feel she could be is if she left on her own, which seems highly unlikely. JMO

Hi foxfire, would that've the west coast Florida case--mom and two daughters went missing??

Yes, EmmaRose, the Rogers family, which was enticed by a sunset cruise by the perp; Oba Chandler.. St.Petersburg, FL.

Ohio Mom & two daughters were taking their first family vacation to the Magic Kingdom..

The Pulitzer Prizes | Angels and Demons
www.pulitzer.org/archives/7892
Angels and Demons. Sunset - Chapter 1 ... Thomas French . Sunset

What about the Shell across 501 on River Oaks? The IHOP is open 24 hours, but that wouldn't be quick.

I don't think that's actually River Oaks on that side, I think it's George Bishop or something. It's not 24 hours, I think it closes at midnight. It's a bit shady there too. Not well-lit and of course all around the old Hard Rock amusement park is abandoned and not well lit at all.

I will add that the Burger King at Coastal Grand is 24 hours and that is where my husband and I go if we need a late meal since everywhere else closes around 11pm - midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member