SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will add that the Burger King at Coastal Grand is 24 hours and that is where my husband and I go if we need a late meal since everywhere else closes around 11pm - midnight.

I believe the walgreens on 501 is 24 hours too. And so are most gyms in the area. The tweet about losing weight made me think of that...

I believe the walgreens on 501 is 24 hours too. And so are most gyms in the area. The tweet about losing weight made me think of that...

The closest 24 hour pharmacy that I'm aware of is CVS on 38th avenue. The Walgreens and CVS in Carolina Forest are not 24 hours - at least they weren't a few weeks ago.

ETA: I know that most of the condos around here have gyms in them. I have a friend who lives in those condos and can ask him.

I am also a local..
And there are naturally things that don't add up here. My main concern at the time is the fact that nowhere has it been mentioned that her family owns property on Peachtree rd and of all desolate, swampy, deserted places around here, her car ends up literally "down the street" from this place that I'm sure she was familiar with. MOO that it was her idea or choice to leave the car there knowing they would find it. What happened before or after is a mystery. Was someone forcing her to ditch the car or was she willing?

IMO this was a key point. My family also owns property on the waccamaw river and it seems odd that this is coincidence.?

I just spent about 45 minutes with Heather's twitter account and located her vine account too. What I learned is that she liked to go boating in the summer, her vines revealed basically nothing of substance as the last activity was over the summer. So it would make sense that she might have had a connection to a person with a boat…She was wanting to get her "dancer body" back because she felt she had let herself get so out of shape (but then would post a picture of a sonic shake, ha). She also rented a hotel room a few months back for a "wine party" and seemed to do a bit of recreational marijuana. All par for the course for a 20 year old.

I searched twitter mentions and nothing stood out, just a bunch of worried friends who want her to come home.

Jenna

There is only one way into Peachtree Landing right? Curious if there are any back roads that someone could turn off on, or just what I see on Google, which is lot's of houses.

Only one road in and out. Someone would have to have a boat if they didn't use Peachtree Road.

Well there are the trails too---how wide are those trails? What about ATVs?
Most plausible imo is a straight dump situation, vehicle to vehicle.

Also, when I started tracing the route out of PTL via street view (see link below), it appears there is a "Y", or "L" shortly thereafter IIRC? <standby for link>

<edit: here's the link> Trace the road out and there's another street to the right IIRC..the first time I kept going straight...
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10065939&postcount=110

*edit: nevermind, brainfart, sorry just woke up from a nap, brian is foggy. Looking at it now via aerial, I see what I was seeing was not an another route in or out.

Just want to follow up that the Kroger is the only grocery store in the area that is open 24 hours. The Food Lion down on River Oaks closes at 11pm. The McDonalds and Bojangles near 31 and River Oaks also close early. The closest gas station to White River would be the BP on Waccamaw Blvd if she was grabbing something quick.

So, Kroger and BP would be great places to start. I'm sure LE would think to check the BP; I hope they are checking Kroger too.
(a flash of hope suddenly)

LE, if you're reading this and haven't already checked Kroger, please check the surveillance footage from the Kroger parking lot!!!
(I'm always assuming and hoping LE is reading this)

Any locals know if this serial carjacking RSO has been apprehended?

http://www.wbtw.com/story/23626345/...bbed-at-knife-point-vehicle-stolen-police-say

I don't know if this question has already been answered, but the guy who was involved with the carjacking incidents was apprehended the next day (or not long after) he took off with those cars.

BTW... hello, everyone! I've been reading your posts for the last couple of days. I was just registered last night & my account was approved today. I'm local to MB (Myrtle Beach) and willing to answer any questions you guys might have about the area.

BTW... hello, everyone! I've been reading your posts for the last couple of days. I was just registered last night & my account was approved today. I'm local to MB (Myrtle Beach) and willing to answer any questions you guys might have about the area.

Welcome cujenn81! Great to have you with us! Thank you!

:welcome:

<Oh, oh, I see Truth Prevails is in the house, look out folks, bc we are about to have some SERIOUS imaging help if Truth is so inclined!!!!!>
GO TRUTH!!! LET'S GET THIS F$R(s) AND BRING HEATHER HOME!!!!!!!!!!!
:rockon:

Any locals know if this serial carjacking RSO has been apprehended?

http://www.wbtw.com/story/23626345/...bbed-at-knife-point-vehicle-stolen-police-say

I don't know if this question has already been answered, but the guy who was involved with the carjacking incidents was apprehended the next day (or not long after) he took off with those cars.

Welcome! I'm very local as well and there was a questioned a few posts ago about the gators. Best I can explain is there are some. They shouldn't be active at the time they sit on the bottom during winter.. Can you give additional info?? I seriously doubt the water is in question just as most people

I think she's on land. Wherever this poor baby girl is I think she's on solid ground

Ok, we are rockin now!!!!!!!!!!! I'm getting all fired up!!!!! Whoever took Heather is fixin to go down, jmo. Enjoy your last few moments of freedom @$$h*##!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/12/17/3908521/fatal-crash-reported-in-socastee.html

Has anyone entertained the notion that the shooting/fatal car accident that happened around 5AM on the 17th could be related? (link above) I know there were two suspects escaped on foot from the scene on 707/Socastee Blvd by the two kangaroo stations from an article on mbonline.com. I'm not clear what the details on Heathers last encounters leading to her disappearance were but these two were likely in a hurry for a quiet way out of town. Socastee Blvd seem like a viable route Heather would have taken on her way to see her parents.

It seems to me that her car being left parked at peach tree dock is an obvious crumb trail towards a route on the waterway. Its too sloppy to be done by accident, unless 1) they purposefully used the tactic as a decoy meanwhile taking her somewhere else, or 2) they felt hunted and were in a hurry to catch a boat out of town and didn't want to fool around with taking the car away and/or having to walk back, etc.

... Just a thought.

I will add that the Burger King at Coastal Grand is 24 hours and that is where my husband and I go if we need a late meal since everywhere else closes around 11pm - midnight.

:bump:

Any Taco Bells, Wendy's etc...?

Parents live on Sly Fox Trl. Thats been known. Don't see how that changes things much. Heather lived there prior to her relocation with her roommate on river oaks. She certainly knew the area, she went to socastee high just down the road from her parents and peachtree landing.

We're talking about the other property her father owns.

I'm a local who has been following this story from day 1. I don't have much to add except:

1. If I were driving from the apartment she was last seen at to Peachtree, I would have taken Forestbrook Road personally, not 31.

2. I cannot quote who or where I heard this from, but I have been told her car was not processed before being released for her dad to drive it home. Which brings me to my next statement...

3. I do not have faith in the police department here. At all. There is never any sense of urgency in anything for them it seems, and I have seen many people say they have tried to call with tips that may or may not be of relevance and none of their calls have been returned. This upsets me very much.

4. I don't feel this is in any way connected to Brittany Drexel's case. I have always felt with her case, the suspect was someone from out of town, being that it was on the boulevard on spring break when she dissappeared. With Heather's case, I feel it is most likely someone local who knows the area well. I think they need to look at back road areas. For some reason somewhere like Watertower Road is calling to me... right off 31. Long dark isolated road that I always feel uneasy driving down at night.

Just my own little opinion.. take it or leave it. I hope she is found soon, and I hope she is safe, but unfortunately, it's not looking so good.

I thought the SAME thing about Forestbrook Road. If I was heading towards Peachtree Landing from River Oaks... I'd definitely take that frontage road in front of Fantails to the light & take Forestbrook all the way down to Dick Pond Road. Then I'd make a left onto it & a right onto Peachtree Rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli