SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On her Twitter on Nov. 5 she posted 66 days. I wonder what that means?

do we know if any of her personal belongings were found in the car and was it locked, were the keys located?

Yes, it does have groceries. After a certain hour Walmart locks the sliding glass doors on one side of the building. A police officer once told me that Walmart is a dangerous place, I believe that. Joyce Donovan was kidnapped at the Walmart in Conway, SC which isn't that far away.

???
Looking for more info on this...

image.jpg

Hmm, I can only upload one at a time I guess. This is the front of her condo building. If you look at the u shape in the center, the condos are all along the back of the open hallway. Those doors on the other side of the railings on the short sides are storage closets. The railings you see on the far left and right are where the open stairs are.

Welcome! I'm very local as well and there was a questioned a few posts ago about the gators. Best I can explain is there are some. They shouldn't be active at the time they sit on the bottom during winter.. Can you give additional info?? I seriously doubt the water is in question just as most people

I think she's on land. Wherever this poor baby girl is I think she's on solid ground

There are def gators in the Waccamaw River. I'm not really familiar with gator activity in winter months, but year round... they don't generally mess with people unless they're messed with themselves. It just worries me (& is probably why LE feels an urgency to search these waters thoroughly) because IF something happened to her & they used this location as a dumping place, she might never be found if gators find her first.

I just think back to Pee Wee Gaskins (who was a serial killer in this area in the 60's & 70's) and how he would dump bodies in nearby rivers and swamps... most of which were people who were never found. I just pray and hope to God LE is right when they said there's no indication she went near the water & they're just searching it as a precaution.

A point to consider in this case as well IF this is related to BD---perhaps there hasn't been a 4 year gap after all...

Maybe no relation but check out the amber berbiglia story another recent murder in north myrtle. These have hit far to close to home with me but it should be considered as rated as well.

That would be a subject for another thread however. This is to find Heather with there here and now information

image.jpg

This is the back side of her building. All units have screened porches with sliding glass doors into the condo. Behind me is the pond that I posted earlier.

Reward increases, more billboards up for Heather Elvis
BY AMANDA KELLEY
akelley@thesunnews.comDecember 27, 2013

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...-increases-more-billboards.html#storylink=cpy

From this link:

15KhBJ.AuSt.78.jpeg

A kayaker searches the waters and banks around Peachtree Landing in Socastee where the car belonging to 20 year-old, Heather Elvis who has been missing since December 19th was found.
CHARLES SLATE —

Also, from this link:

"Volunteers plan to continue during the weekend combing the Socastee area in their search for Heather Elvis, which already has lasted more than a week."

"As of Friday the search had turned up nothing new, according to Monica Caison, director of the Center for Missing Persons or CUE, which leads volunteer search efforts."

Very interesting post she retweeted...

"usually when someone wants to disappear they really desire to just be found"

Does anyone else find it a crying shame that if we lose or are missing our phone we can have it tracked however we cannot track the person who is missing with it??

I agree, I doubt she's in the water as well. seems too obvious of a mistake by the perp to forget to move the car from the crime scene!

If we're speculating here then I'd say someone she knows well (perhaps resides in her old neighborhood here by peach tree and where her parents live, high school friend maybe) called out for a meet and greet sometime after 2am on the 18th. she was on tumblr reposting blogs so she was obviously wide awake and bored. and she was driven away from her car once she arrived. Considering Terry (father) lives close by and most likely considering he's owned the newly discovered property on peach tree rd since like 1987 she grew up in that house and knows the area well. The landing where the water ramp is and where her car was discovered is a hangout spot. I could see that being a walking point whenever you just want to go out for a walk and talk maybe since they lived so close for so long.

I believe it will turn out to be someone she knew. If it were someone transient they wouldn't know about Peachtree Landing. I don't think there is signage up indicating there is a boat ramp there, correct me if I'm wrong.

I wonder if SC has any of the cellphone detection dog teams, like the Virginia Department of Corrections' team? Might be worth seeing if Virginia has any of their cellphone tracking dogs available to aid in the search...

I think what is odd also ,is why did her father go there looking for her? Was that place where the car found a "regular" area where she goes? Was he called to the site by someone else or did he go on his own ?

From what I read, the police found the car - after a call that it was there too long. IDK if it was in a space or not. But, I've read it was not in a space, and was facing the water. Also, from what I read, her father went down and identified the car. Another WSer said her father was cleared to take the car without it being processed.

ALL of that is taken from this thread and the FB page. Take it with a grain of salt...

There are def gators in the Waccamaw River. I'm not really familiar with gator activity in winter months, but year round... they don't generally mess with people unless they're messed with themselves. It just worries me (& is probably why LE feels an urgency to search these waters thoroughly) because IF something happened to her & they used this location as a dumping place, she might never be found if gators find her first.

I just think back to Pee Wee Gaskins (who was a serial killer in this area in the 60's & 70's) and how he would dump bodies in nearby rivers and swamps... most of which were people who were never found. I just pray and hope to God LE is right when they said there's no indication she went near the water & they're just searching it as a precaution.

http://www.extension.org/pages/11084/alligators#.Ur49NfRDsuc
Alligators - General Biology, Reproduction, and Behavior
<sniped>
Alligators are ectothermic — they rely on external sources of heat to maintain body temperature. They are most active at warmer temperatures and prefer 82o to 92o F (28o to 33o C). They stop feeding when ambient temperature drops below 70o F (21o C), and become dormant below 55o F (13o C).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli