SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heather did some modeling for imported cars. Look up Importsofthebeach on FB. They have her pic posted on their page like Tilted Kilt does.

Quick comparison....Jamie and heather look nothing alike and do not appear to have mutual friends. They both like tattoos so a local parlor could be a connection.

Quick comparison....Jamie and heather look nothing alike and do not appear to have mutual friends. They both like tattoos so a local parlor could be a connection.

i have not been able to find any info on Jamie. Where did you find the picture for comparison?

I feel I would be remiss if I didn't bring up human trafficking as a possible reason for Heather's disappearance. I live in NC just over the state line and NC is ranked 8th in the Nation in Human trafficking. NOt sure what SC is ranked. This links to several stories here in NC....

http://www.wwaytv3.com/news-tags/human-trafficking

This link is a specific story about a young woman trafficking other women last summer.

http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20130207/ARTICLES/130209656/1177?p=1&tc=pg&tc=ar

Affidavits and other documents filed in Berte's case tell the story of a former Ashley High School student who ran away from home and started working as a prostitute for a man identified in one record as Roderick Boykins, who also goes by Leroy Leggs. It was not immediately clear Thursday if Boykins has been charged.

But Berte's mother, Laura, depicted her daughter as a victim during an October interview with the StarNews, saying she was "basically kidnapped" by a sex-trafficking organization.

A few days after Berte disappeared in July, Laura found sexually-suggestive photos of her on Backpage.com, a classifieds website.

Maybe we should start tracking Backpage for Heather and the other missing girls in MB.

Just a thought I wanted to throw out there.

wm

Has anyone found any release of information with the search yesterday? I haven't seen much.. Questions remaining unanswered are
.. Who was her date and what did they do that night?
.. What did the 3 am phone call to the roommate entail? Did she say what they did or what she was going to do next?
.. They tell us her car was found and that's it.? What was in it? What was missing? Fingerprints??

LE is keeping this way too hush hush! And I know they have hearts and are trying their best to find her but I feel that them keeping things from the public to not hurt the case is actually doing more damage. More detail c

.. Posted by accident!! More detail about the who and where could jog more memories of people that were at the same places or know the people. I seriously hope they fill the public in ASAP before this case gets cold and people forget important detail

back in 09 someone I knew was missing for 1 night, we called 911. they said that it takes 48 after they last hear of a person before they can claim them as missing. on the 19th as far as the cops were concerned there was no legal reason to investigate further.

And that....is a crying shame. If they would jump on these asap, less tragic outcomes would be on these threads.
If its truly uncharacteristic for that person to not be where they're supposed to be, let's get to searching and getting the word out as fast as possible.

This may have already been discussed trying to catch up if so sorry....

Meeting someone @ the landing
1.They are not familiar with where she is living now but they both know the landing or
2. She does not want them to know where she is living

MOO

Welcome to all new members! Please take a few minutes to review the rules:

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Hopefully today will be the day that brings positive news in finding Heather.:please:

back in 09 someone I knew was missing for 1 night, we called 911. they said that it takes 48 after they last hear of a person before they can claim them as missing. on the 19th as far as the cops were concerned there was no legal reason to investigate further.

And that....is a crying shame. If they would jump on these asap, less tragic outcomes would be on these threads.
If its truly uncharacteristic for that person to not be where they're supposed to be, let's get to searching and getting the word out as fast as possible.

'CUE members and the nicest people ; Doug and Mary Lyall, Suzanne's parents championed the Federal Suzanne's Law. The Lyalls are also responsible for initiating the missing person inmate poker card program. The cards have the pic & info of a missing/murdered person on them & are donated to inmates for tips that have led to many cold cases being solved in the US'...

http://www.teamhope.org/suzanneslaw.html

Washington, DC -"Suzanne's Law" requiring local police to notify the National Crime Information Center when someone between 18 and 21 is reported missing was signed into law by President Bush as part of the national "Amber Alert" bill last month. The federal law is named after Suzanne Lyall (pictured right), a State University of New York at Albany student who has been missing since 1998. Previously police were only required to report missing persons under the age of 18. This new law, sponsored by Congressman John Sweeney (R-NY) is intended to spur police to initiate prompt investigations into missing young people.

Doug and Mary Lyall, Suzanne's parents championed the law. "I just hope that it's going to bring back some of these kids," said Mary Lyall in an Associated Press article. "They need as much protection while they're at college."

WASHINGTON (AP) - The nationwide "Amber Alert'' system signed into law Wednesday at a White House ceremony had special meaning for a Ballston Spa couple, whose missing daughter was the impetus for a little-noticed provision in the anti-kidnapping legislation.

"Suzanne's Law'' requires local authorities to notify the National Crime Information Center immediately if someone between the ages of 18 and 21 goes missing.

Named after 19-year-old SUNY-Albany student Suzanne Lyall, who vanished in 1998, the law is designed to encourage police to begin investigating immediately when college-age people disappear, instead of waiting a day, which has been a common practice.

My heart just breaks for the Elvis family; especially Terry. Poor guy hops onto fb and sees all these crass posts about his daughter. That's just sadness and harassing a victim as far as I'm concerned.

IMO, it's super odd there has not been any discovery or release of surveillance footage of Heather. (Especially after seeing everyone's pictures/posts of cameras in the area; ty locals). Someone was able to drive the car 9+ miles to PTL w/o being seen whatsoever? That's some MacGyver ninja skills right there. Personally, I don't think Heather ever made it to PTL and she is not in the water. In other past cases (that this reminds me of) cemeteries were used as places to hide evidence. Cemeteries and sheds. I still think she went out for food, was stopped in the process of running that errand and someone has gnarly scratches on their arms/face from the encounter. All MOO.

Hopefully, the family is starting to review reputable lawyers and/or private investigators. Often times, a very good attorney will have his/her own private investigator working for their firm.

Has anyone found any release of information with the search yesterday? I haven't seen much.. Questions remaining unanswered are
.. Who was her date and what did they do that night?
.. What did the 3 am phone call to the roommate entail? Did she say what they did or what she was going to do next?
.. They tell us her car was found and that's it.? What was in it? What was missing? Fingerprints??

LE is keeping this way too hush hush! And I know they have hearts and are trying their best to find her but I feel that them keeping things from the public to not hurt the case is actually doing more damage. More detail c

<sniped for focus & BBM>

Reward increases, more billboards up for Heather Elvis

The 20-year-old was reported missing Dec. 19 after her car was found abandoned at Peachtree Landing.

As of Friday the search had turned up nothing new, according to Monica Caison, director of the Center for Missing Persons or CUE, which leads volunteer search efforts.

However, the reward for information leading to finding Elvis jumped from $10,000 to $20,000 on Friday.

Caison said crews are continuing to search the water near Peachtree Landing. There isn’t a reason to believe Elvis is in the water, Caison said, but searchers are trying to eliminate all possibilities.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...-increases-more-billboards.html#storylink=cpy

Bill Barrett's daughter posted n the find heather page asking for volunteers for a search...They keep saying don't do a search, we don't need more people and then post this... How confusing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the whole geotagging and instagram and 4square is just a stalkers dream.
I used to have a fit when my older daughter would 4square everything.
And the way some young people post "Look where I am right now!!"

STOP IT!!

I'm somewhat blessed that my younger daughter (20) does NOT have a thing to do with the internet, nothing. She has no interest in facebook, twitter, etc.

She DID inform me and her daddy that there was a man that was coming to her salon and being somewhat forward with her and another girl.
I told her to be rude and tell one of the men that works there to take care of him if it continued.
She was telling him she lived in a completely different town, she still lived with her parents and was engaged (all a lie)
He mentioned to her a lot of creepy things...made her uncomfortable.
She finally said "I am no longer able to do your hair, my boss (a large male) will be your stylist from now on"

I told her to NOT BE AFRAID to stand up for herself and make it known she would be loud.

He's not been back since.
She was able to provide us with his name and the other details on his client profile. So my husband knows all of this now.

Girls need to protect themselves at all cost.

Heather....where are you??

Point the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members