SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting theory and certainly possible.

Anyone consider the possibility of an abduction from her home? I read previously that the dogs did not pick up any scent outside the car. Is it crazy to suggest the car was planted?

Not sure how search dogs work at all. What leaves behind a scent for a dog and how long does it stick around for?

I've always thought something started at the condo and that the car was planted. I don't know why. That's just how it struck me.

LE has never shown the car or asked if anyone saw it being driven between the morning of the 18th and when it was first seen by locals at the dock. I think they have evidence Heather drove the car. They mentioned videos early on. JMO

Following up from last night with Kimi & Salem re: hat. Here's what I've found!

Original Picture:
ProDriver.jpg.jpg

After lots of searching, and thanks to the tip about Young and Reckless on here I found this ebay listing: Y&R YOUNG & RECKLESS HAT SQUARE SNAPBACK DRAMA SKATEBOARD MTV DC GREY RED NEW

Which has this picture which is more from the back than the picture with Heather.
$(KGrHqR,!rYFIvS6W19nBSO2ecT3Fg~~60_57.JPG

Closeup of the logo
$(KGrHqR,!nYFIu6G1lkeBSO2eWjU,g~~60_57.jpg

So I hopped into photoshop and overlayed the hat onto Heather's photo, I then used something called "Puppet Warp" to line up the rivets and the top and the snapback. As you can see in both my image, and the image above, the logo lines up with that one rivet, just like in Heather's image.

PuppetWarped1.png

I shifted the hat down a little just so you could see side-by-side

PuppetWarped2.png

IMO, mystery of what it is, solved. Now, whose it is??? That's another story.

LE has never shown the car or asked if anyone saw it being driven between the morning of the 18th and when it was first seen by locals at the dock. I think they have evidence Heather drove the car. They mentioned videos early on. JMO

Hmmm, didn't hear anything about that.

LE has this thing sealed up pretty tight. Is this typical for a missing persons case or does it depend on the PD in question?

Perhaps she was upset and crying because the perp called her in a jealous rage or was having an emotional breakdown after she went on a date with a new young man? He demanded/begged to see her face to face? And she thought "FINE, it's best if I just go talk to him to tell him it's over!" OR the date with the young man was just to make the perp jealous, and when he got angry on the phone she thought she'd meet him and get back with him?

Following up from last night with Kimi & Salem re: hat. Here's what I've found!

Original Picture:
View attachment 40521

After lots of searching, and thanks to the tip about Young and Reckless on here I found this ebay listing: Y&R YOUNG & RECKLESS HAT SQUARE SNAPBACK DRAMA SKATEBOARD MTV DC GREY RED NEW

Which has this picture which is more from the back than the picture with Heather.
View attachment 40522

Closeup of the logo
View attachment 40523

So I hopped into photoshop and overlayed the hat onto Heather's photo, I then used something called "Puppet Warp" to line up the rivets and the top and the snapback. As you can see in both my image, and the image above, the logo lines up with that one rivet, just like in Heather's image.

View attachment 40524

I shifted the hat down a little just so you could see side-by-side

View attachment 40525

IMO, mystery of what it is, solved. Now, whose it is??? That's another story.

I'm impressed, Carolina!

We are hearing lots of things about a new public report that names a suspect. That information cannot be posted or discussed here unless it comes from a legitimate source.

If one of our members actually obtains the document from Horry County LE, they can post the document.

If the document is part of a MSM article, it can be linked to.

If LE posts the document on their own website or social media as part of a press release, it can be linked to.

Those are the only ways the document can be posted and discussed here.

If you have questions or concerns, please pm a mod and don't discuss it in the thread.

Thanks everyone!

Salem

Hmmm, didn't hear anything about that.

LE has this thing sealed up pretty tight. Is this typical for a missing persons case or does it depend on the PD in question?

Too typical, IMO...

There was mention of a possible drive-thru video back on the Nancy Grace show. And possibly something in police report.

Thanks guys, it was kimi who spurred it. I guess it's also good to keep our minds sharp with new puzzles while we have the same old stuff to go over and over. Never know when something might reignite because of a different spark!!!

My opinion it is not her hat but his,[modsnip]

I really, really, really wish we had another dated picture of Heather that was taken within 24 hours of the driving lesson (I mean December 17th).
All of a sudden, I noticed the red in her hair especially prominent on the lower length portion. Her hair appears to be colored bright red in streaks or chunks versus all over color.

No selfies, nothing?, taken on December 16 or 17?

Video from the restaurant or the fast food places, receipt evidence collected from HE's car, on the 17th?

True, or on Snapchat, where texts and pics are automatically deleted in a short time after being received. Perfect for an unfaithful spouse on the go! Ugh.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/10/snapchat-photos-dont-delete-saved-on-phone_n_3248567.html

Decipher stresses that it's not easy to find these pictures. The search requires time and special forensics software. Alternatively, pics can be accessed by anyone with a few hundred dollars. Hickman told Bloomberg Businessweek the company locate Sanpchat pictures for between $300 and $500. Decipher said it is offering the service to parents and law enforcement.

i do agree this is a reckless hat.. but not this exact hat. i can see the reckless "R" design, but the placement looks a little different than the one at the link, and also the one in HE's photo looks like the emblem may be silver. nonetheless, im 99.9% sure this is a Reckless hat. definitely not the kinda hat an OM would wear.. JMO and stuff. :)

The problem I'm having about the hat is that the label on the hat in the truck is shiny as if it is placed on the hat via a thin plastic sticker, not embroidered onto the hat as all of the other Y&R labels seem to be. None of the other labels look to be thin and drawn on like the label on the hat dash appears.

Odd that two of TE's friends have spoken out in the media and I specifically remember, no clue why I do, that one was wearing a white ball style cap. I'M NOT SAYING I THINK HE's INVOLVED but pointing out that older men wear white ball caps with writing on them.
We can't see what, if anything, is written on the front of the dash cap and the label is different in texture and/or application than any I've looked at on the Tilly site.

I'm not purposely being at odds with the majority of believers but I just don't see an exact match presented.

I agree, clu. There are many young adults in Heather's age group who talk about other things besides what you mentioned above. But I have seen some who do.

The ADHD may play a role in the unfiltered statements, and vyvanse, a stimulant in the amphetamine family, which is prescribed for ADHD, that Heather mentions she was taking, could change behavior, JMO.

I concur about the Vyvanse. Sadly, I have had personal experience with this one. I was a different person entirely, without a care of consequences, and an over inflated ego. That might explain why there seems to be a shift in personality in her SM accounts, noticeably so in her Tumblr posts. JMO

I concur about the Vyvanse. Sadly, I have had personal experience with this one. I was a different person entirely, without a care of consequences, and an over inflated ego. That might explain why there seems to be a shift in personality in her SM accounts, noticeably so in her Tumblr posts. JMO

Good point...she does seem to be either very high or very low, IMO.

Are we allowed to discuss the police report of 1/19/14?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaastrichtDetective