SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not seen any MSM regarding an ID. If there is MSM, please link it. Otherwise, let's drop it because it just starts rumors.

Thanks,

Salem

My whole point is if LE says-
the roommate admitted to talking to her and also says
the married man admitted to talking to her...why is it presumed one instance refers to someone lying and the other doesn't?

The verb is admit in both instances and in both instances it is referring to the subject, roommate for the first, married guy for the second.

I'm not saying they both lied any more than I'm saying neither of them lied. It's just not fair to speculate one meaning one thing and the other not.

I hope I'm not being too objective for anyone. I've kind of felt it's best I not post here anymore, but it's hard. I just want her found.

True but at some point, LE was quoted as saying, or is was in media, that BW was the last person to admit to speaking with her...I am pretty sure I did not imagine that. Will try to find link...

I don't remember it being quoted. I think it was from that poorly worded article.

the married man admitted to talking to her...why is it presumed one instance refers to someone lying and the other doesn't?

The verb is admit in both instances and in both instances it is referring to the subject, roommate for the first, married guy for the second.

I'm not say they both lied no more than I'm saying neither of them lied. It's just not fair to speculate one meaning one way and the other not.

Thanks, I was trying to find a polite way to say the same thing.

If you want to make somebody sound guilty, there's no quicker way to do it than to say they "admitted" something. But really it doesn't mean anything more than "said."

I do remember an article stated someone was "the last person to admit to speaking" to her. Quoted paraphrase.

True but at some point, LE was quoted as saying, or is was in media, that BW was the last person to admit to speaking with her...I am pretty sure I did not imagine that. Will try to find link...

Thank you cluciano. Y'all feel free to set me straight if my memory is lapsing. But IIRC one of the early MSM reports stated that Heather's last phone activity was around 3 am on the 18th Dec. and after that time no one would admit to talking to her. This wording implied to me that LE knew someone had spoken to Heather after the call to her RM.

I sure hope you find that link. I would like to know the date of that report. It would give us a clue re: how quickly LE interviewed OMM after Heather's car was found at PTL. Thanks for all you do.

wm

I think it was Mr. Elvis who made that comment about last person to admit to talking to her.

The police report does not say what day or time, the conversation with OM took place.
We do not know if the statement was referring to OM not admitting to talking to her . Also, we do not know if there was a phone number on Heather's call records that cannot be traced and that person has not come forward

I'm not saying they both lied any more than I'm saying neither of them lied. It's just not fair to speculate one meaning one thing and the other not.

I hope I'm not being too objective for anyone. I've kind of felt it's best I not post here anymore, but it's hard. I just want her found.

Great analysis.

PLEASE do not stop posting. I really value your opinion and hope that everyone can do the same. Give it another shot. Hoping she is found soon.

I have a question in regards to the word SEEM.
In this article it states:

"Elvis’ roommate, the police report said, told officers that Elvis “seemed like she was crying and upset” after Elvis reported a conversation with that man."
http://m.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

The choice to use the word "seem", is odd to me. Wouldn't the roommate know if she was crying and upset? I wonder why it wasn't stated emphatically that Heather was crying and upset, just "seemed" like she was.

IMOO.

I do remember an article stated someone was "the last person to admit to speaking" to her. Quoted paraphrase.

Do know where it can be found? I don't remember LE saying this. Thanks. I have read some many. I have most of them saved, but I must have missed that one. Thanks.

im not much older... the other day I had to laugh when my twenty yr old told my three yr old "life ain't fair, little dude, and it starts at home..." funny how I spent so long saying that to him, I guess it finally sank in!

I don't think it's just kids. I'm waay past retirement age & see it all the time. It's like trying to teach your toddler about fire. You can tell them it burns and not to touch,but most won't listen until they try.
The same thing w/drugs & alcohol. There's no getting thru to them unless they figure it out for themselves (some never do). But in that case if you constantly harp on it you risk total alienation or shutdown. Ya gotta try to be there when they fall cuz u can't live their lives for them. Part of the process of growing up.
Don't even get me started on know-it-alls bluffing their way thru life!

Was re-reading HE Twitter. She makes a reference to OMM " building" things at her work place and her attraction to him. Forward to later that month, she is telling a friend that she is working at HOB that night but will definitely be stopping by after work to get something to eat because OMM will be there. Checking HOB schedules,that makes it a Friday or Sat NIGHT.

When was the last time that you know of a remodel company/ builder doing work after hours unless it was a call out for an emergency??? This Twitter post was days in advance, so in my mind not a call out for an emergency. But she knew OMM would be there. Was OMM there socially? I don't know many married men who's wives would find it just fine to be out on a weekend night alone until late hours.

[modsnip]

My husband used to work for remodeling/construction business. They had a contract with a certain business owner in our area who owns several restaurants. When they did any work in any of the restaurants, they worked nights. They would start around 9-10 pm and work until 6 am or so. Another crew would come in if needed and work from 6am until opening time for the restaurant.

That is the only time they worked nights. It makes no sense for a restaurant to close down and lose money just to update a bathroom.

I have no idea if this happened in this case, but it doesn't sound strange to me.

Great analysis.

PLEASE do not stop posting. I really value your opinion and hope that everyone can do the same. Give it another shot. Hoping she is found soon.

I agree! It takes a strong person to offer a point of view that may be less popular than the general consensus. We need to consider all different scenarios.

I love your posts, sleuthing and everything you are doing! I tried going to that YouTube acct and it brought me to just to the main YouTube page. Anyone else?

thanks,just trying to do my part. you can also try to access that video right from her Twitter page under videos/pictures. I hadn't tried looking at the video cuz there was so much to look into there.
I only hope ppl can take it to heart about how you can put so much out there for the world to see. And it's out there forever. My grandkids still roll their eyes at me when I tell em try not to post pictures or even use your real name so obsessive crazies can't follow you! What a different worl we live in. They still can't get over how we had no cellphones!

Do know where it can be found? I don't remember LE saying this. Thanks. I have read some many. I have most of them saved, but I must have missed that one. Thanks.

"Posted: Dec 20, 2013 10:41 AM MST"
"Updated: Jan 09, 2014 7:36 AM MST"

"Her mother said her date dropped her off at her house. Heather called her roommate to tell her how she had a great time. That is the last time anyone will admit to talking to her."

http://www.wistv.com/story/24273295/horry-county-police-investigating-missing-woman

"Her mother said her date dropped her off at her house. Heather called her roommate to tell her how she had a great time. That is the last time anyone will admit to talking to her."

http://www.wistv.com/story/24273295/horry-county-police-investigating-missing-woman

So can we then deduce that OM had been interviewed by LE but as of Jan 9 he was still not forthcoming in telling them he had spoken with Heather on the 18th of December???

No one is quoted saying this. They have other quotes in the article. So, her mom could have said part of that or all of it. Thanks for looking. I will keep looking too.

BBM

Do you have a link for this? I didn't know that a government clerk could issue a subpena.

Ssd.eff.org/3rdparties/govt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I found what your talking about.

Subpoenas can be issued in civil or criminal cases and on behalf of government prosecutors or private litigants; often, subpoenas are merely signed by a government employee, a court clerk, or even a private attorney. In contrast, only the government can get a search warrant.

https://ssd.eff.org/your-computer/govt/subpoenas#subpoena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member