SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the family thinks of how LE is handling the investigation. I wonder if they are going to become more vocal about it if the case isn't solved soon.

So he made up evidence about the couple, and then told LE about it?

I wonder if the family was aware of this...

Where does it say this? I didn't read anything about a couple he lied about does it say that somewhere and I've over looked it?

Where does it say this? I didn't read anything about a couple he lied about does it say that somewhere and I've over looked it?

"Also during the investigation, (Garrett) Starnes fabricated misleading information regarding the disappearance of Heather Elvis and then relayed the false information to law enforcement," police said.

I guess I should have said it's just my opinion the misleading information was about TM and SM.

Nope,I remember reading it...I think sometimes I got a case of the "ole timers memory" ....one thing about people who have ADD,is their ability to remember and also recall a lot of detail.IMO

I wonder if anyone might still have their original article in cache? (I clear mine out along w/cookies) I'm kicking myself for not saving it. I now know better ;)

I generally do not post much, more of a lurker. I haven't came to the site much lately, I find I get very emotionally involved in the cases and it's hard when then end badly. After Mickey was found, I decided to step away. However when I came across heathers story, I felt very drawn to it like I did with Mickey. She is my sisters age and reminds me of her, maybe that's why.

I do not think heather ran away. I don't think I can post my theory until a suspect is named or arrested.

My heart breaks for this family. Ontop of their daughter missing they have to deal with people interfering with the investigation and attacks from certain "individuals" online.

I wonder if the 2 men arrested did what they did in an attempt to "solve" the case themselves and collect the reward money. Just a thought. Money makes people do weird things.

Thank you websluethers for allowing me a place to read about the case and not have read filth, lies, hate and fighting.

I'm sure BB and GS's initial intentions were good but then it took a turn. Was it due to the lack of support or communication from LE? Now, it makes me wonder if any of the info I supplied to BB actually got through to LE?

I would call the tip line. I spoke to a Detective who sent me to the tip line. I already did as soon as I saw the arrest. Having any communication with either of them, made me feel the need to do so right away. I literally felt sick to my stomach. I still do.

The only thing I would like to share about what he said to me is as follows, he told me people should be calling the tip line at 843-915-8477. I explained that I received another number and told him, where I got it and he said all calls should go to the tip line. Leave a message and someone will call you back.

The worst thing I've read is that they found potential evidence and didn't turn it in right away. That is devastating! So sorry for all involved in this horrible mess.

It was stated somewhere that the roommate was the one who facilitated the call between TE and the date. She gave one of them the other one's number. So IMO the call to the date more than likely occurred after he came back from PTL. I do not think he made any calls to any friends before he arrived at PTL. I think the officer arrived, TE grabbed keys and they headed on the very short drive to PTL.

IIRC the original exojane article stated he grabbed his spare keys & went to PTL.
as per VI LadyHawkke heathers keys & cell phone are missing :moo:

Okay, taking a nap now...hope more info comes out...

do we know BW was going home to NJ? I don't recall seeing that. I assumed family was going to be spending holiday in FL? (quite common to do so by some families)

the question wasn't "what do we know" it was "How could it be known BW would be away from the condo" and I gave a plausible scenario...

What the heck? Why would these 2 people do this?

I don't know, but the cheese has to have truly slipped off your cracker to interfere in an active police investigation, particularly a missing persons case, that is likely a homicide.

I hope they get all that the law is allowed to dish out.

I don't know, but the cheese has to have truly slipped off your cracker to interfere in an active police investigation, particularly a missing persons case, that is likely a homicide.

I hope they get all that the law is allowed to dish out.

Maybe it's the money? Money makes people do crazy things...

Yes many times.

I always found that photo odd because of how different HE looks from her other pictures.

I wasn't sure if it was, she does look quite a bit heavier than she does in all of the pics being posted on fliers.

The thing that sucks the most about this is that I feel certain he probably meant well (regardless, he absolutely should be held responsible for obstructing justice) but now we have no clue if ANYTHING posted on that FB was true or fabricated... but I guess I never should have accepted any of it as fact to begin with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would call the tip line. I spoke to a Detective who sent me to the tip line. I already did as soon as I saw the arrest. Having any communication with either of them, made me feel the need to do so right away. I literally felt sick to my stomach. I still do.

The only thing I would like to share about what he said to me is as follows, he told me people should be calling the tip line at 843-915-8477. I explained that I received another number and told him, where I got it and he said all calls should go to the tip line. Leave a message and someone will call you back.

Really, I got a little put-off by a Det. I spoke with early on. He flat out lied to me and tried pulling a reverse inquisition on my knowledge. That's when I decided to speak with BB. He was quite cordial and listened to some information I found. Most of which has been lightly discussed here but, probably not investigated further. Plus, since the PR came out, it may not be as relevant but, ya never know. I'll put some info together and send it to LE FWIW.

I have this feeling someone will get a breaking and entering charge for going into the Moorer's house while they are out to try to find some evidence. I could see something like that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!