SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
there was a posting alluding to an action to be taken by a state agency against possible suspects. This was false. There was another posting that LE was preparing legal papers against same suspects.....that was false. As far as with holding evidence I'm sure that will make its way online. The other charge is self explanatory.

There was also a screen shot purporting to be a text conversation where individuals known to us made certain admissions. TE has already said this is false

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

In one of my first posts (which I don't know how to look up) I posted a MSM article mentioning BB and stating that it gave out 3 different "tips"..in retrospect I wonder about releasing "tips" to MSM instead of just LE :twocents:

and where did he come from?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

BB is very close, long time friend of the Elvis family. TE posted a statement that they support him and are doing everything that they can to get him released.

BB is very close, long time friend of the Elvis family. TE posted a statement that they support him and are doing everything that they can to get him released.

ok, I thought I'd read that he was close to TE. thx

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I have no idea what the misleading info is, but how do they know that GS fabricated it? Still trying to figure this out.

They know because what he said was false. He was writing things on SM that were in fact not true. I read them myself.

<snipped>
Folks are getting frustrated due to the many unsolved missing/murdered female/persons cases in Myrtle Beach/Horry County, SC, lack of transparency by LE & the local ms media. Trust me, the spoon-fed local ms media will be all over this story..front page

Hasn't one of these two interjected himself into the situation from the beginning? If so, it's not a lack of transparency or fed up citizens -- just a busy body guy who wants to get 15 minutes of fame off this poor girl's disappearance. JMO

this may be a crazy thot, but if LE has kept all this info close to the vest (no pressers),how do we KNOW any info was FALSE? Their word only??
I only say that because if tips were "false" maybe they should specify what is false so everyone could stop speculating.
Playing Devils' Advocate here-what's to say someone investigating might have their nose bent out of shape cuz generating more tips or tips being investigated or perceived to not be doing their job good enuf?
This is really getting crazy :tantrum: :moo:

Mr E has been so eloquent in his pleas to find HE. His desperation has spurred a lot of people to action; maybe too much action in this case .

I think there is also a general feeling of discontent with HCPD, deserved or not, and the lack of movement in this case and in the handling of past cases ( ex. B Drexel).

At the very least, it seems to have been false in the way he claimed he got the info...that someone sent him a "screenshot" with alarming info...when it appears, IMO, he probably created it himself. Whether the info is true, who knows...but certainly these types of things are what get gets cases tossed, never brought to court or acquittals, IMO.

Good grief.

All this circus is missing is poodles and ponies.

This just literally made me LOL! But yes, like you mentioned (but I accidentally snipped it and don't know how to get back :eek:!), so very unfair to Heather & the Elvis family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a legal question, if I made up a fake text message from Brad Pitt stating that he killed HE and posted it online and Brad called LE and complained about it, could I be arrested for obstruction of justice? Or would I have to do something specifically to LE in order for there to be an arrest?

Obstruction of Justice n. an attempt to interfere with the administration of the courts, the judicial system or law enforcement officers, including threatening witnesses, improper conversations with jurors, hiding evidence, or interfering with an arrest. Such activity is a crime.

this may be a crazy thot, but if LE has kept all this info close to the vest (no pressers),how do we KNOW any info was FALSE? Their word only??
I only say that because if tips were "false" maybe they should specify what is false so everyone could stop speculating.
Playing Devils' Advocate here-what's to say someone investigating might have their nose bent out of shape cuz generating more tips or tips being investigated or perceived to not be doing their job good enuf?
This is really getting crazy :tantrum: :moo:

False or misleading info can have a negative impact on the tips. If individuals out there have seen or heard something they may not call it in if it doesn't fit what is being reported. That is, they discount the importance of what they have regarding the case. (I'm not counting SM here, but rather I'm referring to errors in MSM.)

This sort of thing is going to happen, though, in the rush to get the news out before the other news outlets. IMO, this is a good reason for a presser - to outline the facts LE wants to make public. And to head off misinformation and myths that can be harmful to the flow of information to LE.

I have a legal question, if I made up a fake text message from Brad Pitt stating that he killed HE and posted it online and Brad called LE and complained about it, could I be arrested for obstruction of justice? Or would I have to do something specifically to LE in order for there to be an arrest?

Let's do it another way. You get someone else to send you made up texts, then you photoshop Brad Pitt's name in as the sender.

Or, you get someone else to change the name on their phone to Brad Pitt (when my son calls it says Chuck Norris... and he wonders why nobody on kijiji answers his messages lol).

Either scenario, if you post a photo of that made-up text on FaceBook, nobody cares. But, if you send a photo of that made-up text to LE and tell them it's "found evidence", then yes, you would be arrested.

That help?

Oh, if you sent the picture to me and I submitted it to LE as evidence, you still going to jail cause I'm tellin it came from you!

Obstruction of Justice n. an attempt to interfere with the administration of the courts, the judicial system or law enforcement officers, including threatening witnesses, improper conversations with jurors, hiding evidence, or interfering with an arrest. Such activity is a crime.

VI, now if posts, stating false information, as stated in the MSM, occurred on SM that a family monitors and comments on posts where they were posted, would they also be responsible....not necessarily charged?

Also, when calling in tips on a case, who should be answering the phone? A family member, friend, or LE?

Thanks for you expert advice.

Respectfully..... DUH! This is why I am so glad that WS does not allow these rumors and baloney!

Facts! Just the facts please!

Thank you for this, its exactly what I was thinking when I read about what these two did.

Oh my God....... Now Bb and Gs arrested??...more "social media drama" must be the culprit....poor HE is still missing and needs to come home....I feel like the attention needs to be refocused, as well as the investigation, start from scratch....shut down certain sites...(at the risk of a time out I'm gonna say it because I find a certain self proclaimed "crime analyst/profile author" to be truly deplorable, harmful, and hindering in regards to factual investigations "Chelsea Hoffman"---avoid her sites at all costs the garbage she posts is truly maddening)....bring the focus back to HE, so she can hopefully be brought home!!

The thing is this link states that GS FABRICATED misleading information.

If he were set up by OMM and OMW, why would he then make up the misleading information? He could say he was told misleading information, but that is not how this is described in this link. He made up misleading info himself is my opinion of what this means:

"Also during the investigation, Starnes fabricated misleading information regarding the disappearance of Heather Elvis and then relayed the false information to law enforcement."

http://hcpdsm.wordpress.com/2014/01...n-connection-with-investigation-interference/

IMOO.

It definitely sounds like bad news... but I don't want to jump to any assumptions about what BB did or didn't do any more than I want to assume OMM & OMW are guilty or not guilty. BB has been charged with a crime, but he hasn't been proven guilty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member