Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=985850

Police investigating disappearance of Socastee woman

Horry County police are searching for Heather Elvis, 20, of Socastee after she was reported missing Thursday night by her father, according to Lt. Robert Kegler with Horry County police.
Kegler said Elvis was last seen at her parents house on Tuesday night and the last time her cell phone pinged was Wednesday morning at 3 a.m.

If you have any information about her whereabouts you are asked to call the Horry County Police Department: (843) 915-5350.

on the first post on new threads the first post states (bolded by me) she was last seen at her parents house on Tue nite? What about the date (who's cleared) or any people in Mexican restaaurant? Is it just shoddy reporting??
Respectfully unbolded by me for space.

The date on this article is 12-20-13 at 1:13 pm, the day after she had been found to have disappeared. It is VERY OLD information. ETA: and probably all the info they had at the time.

Respectfully unbolded by me for space.

The date on this article is 12-20-13 at 1:13 pm, the day after she had been found to have disappeared. It is VERY OLD information. ETA: and probably all the info they had at the time.

Early reports are often inaccurate. LE and reporters alike have to go with what they know at that point, which often changes as they start asking questions and getting more information.

I don't remember reading anything that anyone saw her when she got the mail. In an interview at the very beginning, he said the last time he saw her was Monday. I will see if I can find it.

If they haven't "updated" that article as well. I also remember it the same way, Kinda makes me wonder how they even know if it was Heather stopping by to pick up her mail or if they found it in her car or at her new place. Or even if something was in her mail she was looking for?? Or how often she stopped to pick her mail up??
I don't evenk now if she changed her address when she moved. Most kids would keep things at their parents house cuz usually most stable address.
For that matter,if the car was registered/insured in fathers name wouldn't the insurance only insure if under same roof? Or could they say it was "loaned"? I know how picky insurance companies are with kids driving...

If so many people will be home who would usually be doing many things, might that create a pefect opportunity for the press and social media to publicize Heathers' disappearance? Most people will be looking at news or into social media due to boredom or curiosity in what's happening outside? Maybe they can get the story out there to people who'd usually be too busy to notice??

I don't live in SC. I have asked a ton of people in my area if the know about HE and no one around here has heard of her or her story. I think her poster should include her last picture, tattoos, and maybe other important info. I know it's hard to spread throughout the country.

I was wondering if you saw her walking on her own what do you do? Or some other adult who is "missing" since adults could leave on their own? I totally didn't see her or anyone, but just curious. If someone left on their own, I would hate to get involved. In this case where her dad said he knows LE, what if she left on her own but no one has called because they are afraid by calling LE, they would tell her family.

I actually had a dream about this whole thing. I saw her and it freaked me out because I didn't know what to do. I was at target in my dream and saw her smiling and shopping alone. I approached her and talked to her. She told me why she was running and begged me not to tell anyone. I told her my family is in LE and could she just make a video with a newspaper withe date and I would have my family get it to her LE, so there would be no trace of where she was or where she was going. So, we made the video and then I woke up. It was so bizarre. Then in the morning my mom called and said, do you want to go to target, I almost crapped my pants. I went and looked everywhere.... Nothing.

I pray this family soon gets answers, and Heather back home. :(

I don't live in SC. I have asked a ton of people in my area if the know about HE and no one around here has heard of her or her story. I think her poster should include her last picture, tattoos, and maybe other important info. I know it's hard to spread throughout the country.

I was wondering if you saw her walking on her own what do you do? Or some other adult who is "missing" since adults could leave on their own? I totally didn't see her or anyone, but just curious. If someone left on their own, I would hate to get involved. In this case where her dad said he knows LE, what if she left on her own but no one has called because they are afraid by calling LE, they would tell her family.

I actually had a dream about this whole thing. I saw her and it freaked me out because I didn't know what to do. I was at target in my dream and saw her smiling and shopping alone. I approached her and talked to her. She told me why she was running and begged me not to tell anyone. I told her my family is in LE and could she just make a video with a newspaper withe date and I would have my family get it to her LE, so there would be no trace of where she was or where she was going. So, we made the video and then I woke up. It was so bizarre. Then in the morning my mom called and said, do you want to go to target, I almost crapped my pants. I went and looked everywhere.... Nothing.

Very interesting dream, Hockeymom4!

Isn't it amazing how these cases (and the people, of course) get so entrenched in our lives?

:hug:

I was looking through some cached news articles around the MB area and stumbled across this one.

HORRY COUNTY POLICE CHARGE MAN

Though this may have nothing to do with HE at all since this guy was behind bars on that Monday, it's just something I found very interesting because it sheds light on the possibilities of what's there. I've uncovered many articles of wanted individuals suspected of violent crimes taking place in the MB area within the 48 hours prior to HE being reported as missing.

I was looking at HE's twitter and notice that she tweets other people, other people tweet her, and she retweets others. One thing I did notice is that she has no communication with her roommate on her twitter. I just found it a bit odd. My close friends and I are always commenting on fb and those with twitter are always retweeting things of those close with. Just an observation. Not sure it means much or even anything. I dont know how long they know each other because I have read so many different reports.

Twitter/heatherelvis

I don't think her roommate actively used twitter

Creeptastic.

I was looking through some cached news articles around the MB area and stumbled across this one.

Though this may have nothing to do with HE at all since this guy was behind bars on that Monday, it's just something I found very interesting because it sheds light on the possibilities of what's there. I've uncovered many articles of wanted individuals suspected of violent crimes taking place in the MB area within the 48 hours prior to HE being reported as missing.
here's another one ..but not so recent...
http://articles.dailypress.com/1998..._cheyney-south-carolina-man-sawed-off-shotgun

She did and does.

Wonder what happens when you are sending something to a private twitter account (like HE's)? Does it still show on your feed to non-followers and followers? I haven't tried it so I'm intrigued now.

I don't know why people think brains have to do with hiding a body. Skylar Neese probably never would have been found, killed and hidden by teens. Haleigh Cummings has never been found, presumably killed by druggies. Mickey never would have been found, even though her killer left a string of clues a mile long. And etc...

Missing Myrtle Beach woman’s case underscores awareness for student safety
http://www.weeklysurge.com/2014/01/1...mans-case.html

Elvis, a former Horry-Georgetown Technical College student who switched to an online academy, was dropped off at her home from a date at 2 a.m. and called her roommate to let her know how the date went. Her father received a text message around 11 p.m. with a photo of her date’s truck. Her date was teaching her how to drive a manual shift, which her roommate drives. Heather’s car, a 2001 dark green Dodge Intrepid, was found locked and parallel parked at the Peachtree Boat Landing in Socastee, eight minutes from her home.

In this news item it states Heather was a former Horry-Georgetown Technical College student who switched to an online academy

I wonder if there was any particular reason she quit going (stalker,work hours conflict,etc)?

Also in going to search for this post noticed it was edited due to 10% copyright rule?
huh??which rule is that or if my post was edited shouldn't I be made aware of it? Maybe there is notification & I'm not aware of it??:moo:

Good sleuthing, Aeronomy.. Two of the common denominators that is present in many sexual predators is a *advertiser censored* and meth connection, imo.

Just an FYI. We're officially at defcon 5. Oh wait...? Sorry. No, I'm wrong. Opcon 3. "Emergency situation likely or imminent."

County Schools are closed tomorrow (and I'm off work woo!) Many other private businesses are closing early, and everyone is expecting to be home Wednesday too.

Wahhh! :(
I still have to go to work unless the building loses electricity or I choose to use my personal leave. & I have a 15 mile commute... I don't know how to drive in that mess... Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder what happens when you are sending something to a private twitter account (like HE's)? Does it still show on your feed to non-followers and followers? I haven't tried it so I'm intrigued now.

i believe Twitter doesn't allow you to send that tweet. you can send a tweet with that @name in it but you cannot reply to someone or RT from a private account.
I've heard it said Farcebook is for people you know,but don't want to be around, and Twitter is for those you DON"T know but would like to meet ;)

My friend has her private, so if she comments on someone's only people who are friends can read the tweet. To anyone else, it shows up as, @theirname account private (or something like that. I see nothing anywhere and I had expected to see it. I also don't see where they are friends on the private account. And that would show up.

But I also can't remember her private twitter acct. anyone remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerinska