SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone asked earlier why people want this case to get national coverage. I think for some people, they want everyone to know what happened to Heather (not really to look for her, but just to know her story) and also for the people they suspect to become the "most hated people in the country". I have seen people asked for/be glad about national coverage for cases where there's been an arrest. It's not always about about whether the case will be solved through it. A lot of it is symbolic.

True but in this case, no one dares name anyone. At least not outside of SM.

For a Bond of $2500, you would only have to put up $250 cash from what Bail Bondsmen say. Only have to put up 10% of the total amount.

Not South Carolina, but some other states have bond/bail and one is the same as the other. In other words, if the amount is set at $2,500 that's what you'd have to pay to be released from jail.
I just learned this difference recently from another case. Most states set a bond and then you pay a percentage to be released from jail as is in SC.

Another reason,should it turn out to be SK like IK then getting word out via national media might be able to jog a few people on points. For instance,since MB is a tourist area someone from across the country might say-"hey wasn't this person in MB at this time"? Or Aunt Fanny went there?
Knowing all the deatails about Heather all across the world might help an already underfunded,overtaxed LE.
That's why I hope it wouldn't deter anyone from volunteering any "tips" for fearing they could end up in the same situation as these two men. Not having any deatails would lead one to assume all kinds of crazy things..
Was there any word of UFO's in the area?:floorlaugh: See what I mean..that would be discounted by most but might also attract all types :moo:

I wonder if reading misleading information posted and reporting it to LE is a crime IF you assumed that info was correct? SM has become an essential tool,but if LE is not very familiar with it,they might also not be familiar with the ever changing rules regarding it?
hmmm, the rulesa re ever changing just like the facts in MSM articles,etc..:moo:

Lt. Kegler said, "There is a difference between providing law enforcement with tips and misleading law enforcement with false information."

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24565541/2-men-arrested-for-obstructing-heather-elvis-case

I think people are just growing frustrated by the track record we have seen. What happened to Heather, Angie, Brittinee, Kareem, Zach, Crystal, Johnny, Glenn, Charles, Susan, Amber and all the others I didn't mention? It seems anyone can go around abducting or murdering people and get away with it. It believe they aren't getting anywhere with their outdated methods, IMO. If what they were doing (staying tight lipped) was working people wouldn't be so upset. Our crime rate here is ridiculously high. Why?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Watch the NC news, you'll feel safe.

Another reason,should it turn out to be SK like IK then getting word out via national media might be able to jog a few people on points. For instance,since MB is a tourist area someone from across the country might say-"hey wasn't this person in MB at this time"? Or Aunt Fanny went there?
Knowing all the deatails about Heather all across the world might help an already underfunded,overtaxed LE.
That's why I hope it wouldn't deter anyone from volunteering any "tips" for fearing they could end up in the same situation as these two men. Not having any deatails would lead one to assume all kinds of crazy things..
Was there any word of UFO's in the area?:floorlaugh: See what I mean..that would be discounted by most but might also attract all types :moo:

http://www.justice.gov/jmd/mps/manual/dea.htm

Why can't we know if Heather's passport has been located or not?

I suppose the option that she left for a foreign land (I posted a remote possibility theory earlier) is akin to being abducted by aliens. Is it?

If all went well, there'd be ample Christmas money available. She disappeared the week before Christmas.
I doubt she'd go it alone though - anyone else missing?
(not missing, missing but gone)

And, wouldn't she make up a reason for being gone and tell someone she was going to Florida or somewhere? What if she had a fight with one or both of her parents? Not a fight but a disconnect or ongoing issue of discord.
Is that a possibility?

These two guys only had to pay 10%. It's on the city data link. It names who posted the bail. They paid $250 each. Click on
the bond tab above the listing of case parties. From what I've seen, bonds can be percentage, full amount, surety or cash. Some get out on their word to appear.

Bond Information

2014BD2610200706 01/29/2014 Percent Bond $250.00 Surety Bond $2,500.00

2014BD2610200706 Percent Bond $250.00 01/29/2014

http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Hor...ency=26102&Casenum=2014A2610200237&CaseType=C

These two guys only had to pay 10%. It's on the city data link. It names who posted the bail. They paid $250 each. Click on

the bond tab above the listing of case parties. From what I've seen, bonds can be percentage, full amount, surety or cash. Some get out on their word to appear.

Bond Information

2014BD2610200706 01/29/2014 Percent Bond $250.00 Surety Bond $2,500.00

2014BD2610200706 Percent Bond $250.00 01/29/2014

http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Hor...ency=26102&Casenum=2014A2610200237&CaseType=C

Right, the court/magistrate can require a full bond amount or a percentage, or release you on your own recognizance. If the defendant posts the bond with the court, as long as they appear for all court appearances, they will get the full amount they posted refunded at the conclusion of the case.
If they do not have the amount the court requires they can get a bail bondsman to post for them. A bail bondsman usually requires a fee of 10% of the full bond amount. The bondsman will post a surety with the court. If you go this route you do not get your money back. The bondsman's surety will be released at the conclusion of the case if you appear for all court appearances but the fee you paid to them is theirs.

I think I have evidence there is a suspect in this case. I am unsure if I can post it though.

Was watching C&I on tv and they featured the Kyle Fleischmann case from Charlotte 2007..just disappeared without a trace,,,,

Is it dated 1/19?

Yes. CC880 posted something about this date, that's what makes me think maybe I can't. I didn't bother trying to keep up with all the stuff on this thread and the other page, I have been bogged down with one too many FB cases where everything went viral. I only have so much energy, kwim?

Lt. Kegler said, "There is a difference between providing law enforcement with tips and misleading law enforcement with false information."

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24565541/2-men-arrested-for-obstructing-heather-elvis-case

"fabricated misleading information regarding the disappearance of Heather Elvis and then relayed the false information to law enforcement."

I agree, but unless you have a presser or a statement or the false info is pointed out it might have a chilling effect on anyone coming forward. Maybe they're younger & have something to hide or they're older & can't imagine what can go on in this crazy world? There are a lot of people afraid to even go to law enforcement because of many horror stories. LIke I said before-on whose word they were false?
Not to besmirch LE but they can also contain many types of people. Some LE even killed. We had a case in our area where LE killed his wife because of his many affairs & other LE disposed of evidence and covered for him. How am I to know what/whom to believe. EVERYBODY is suspect.:twocents::moo:

I just want to bring Heather home..

"It's a crime, and it doesn't matter who it was, or who did it. It doesn't matter if it's a family member. It's a crime. Speak up," encourages Elvis.(TE)

Yes. CC880 posted something about this date, that's what makes me think maybe I can't. I didn't bother trying to keep up with all the stuff on this thread and the other page, I have been bogged down with one too many FB cases where everything went viral. I only have so much energy, kwim?

I don't think we are allowed to post it unless either one of us obtains it or MSM releases it.
If anyone else has a different recollection, please chime in.

Private Investigators are licensed by the State of South Carolina. They know the rules and are quite aware of what is "over-the-line". They could lose their license if convicted. Let's hope they didn't do any damage to LE ability to find Heather. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc