SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I"m confused about something and maybe you all can help me clear it up in my mind. On the police report the officer states that TE informed him of both a possible violent ex bf, and also about OM. Was this report written the evening of finding the car when the officer and TE went and retrieved the car? If so, then that means TE knew about OM prior to the HE going missing correct? In order for it to be included in the police report he had to have known about it prior. [modsnip] If it was written that night of finding the car, then something doesn't add up.

I think at the time the police report was filed, written, TE had given phone records he had access to and they knew who she last talked to and they were included in the report. Yes? Maybe?

I think it's in the police report .... although I'm unsure if it's in the original or the redacted copy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I"m confused about something and maybe you all can help me clear it up in my mind. On the police report the officer states that TE informed him of both a possible violent ex bf, and also about OM. Was this report written the evening of finding the car when the officer and TE went and retrieved the car? If so, then that means TE knew about OM prior to the HE going missing correct? In order for it to be included in the police report he had to have known about it prior. [modsnip] If the report was simply written a day or two later, then it makes sense to me. If it was written that night of finding the car, then something doesn't add up.

maybe police reports can be revised like MSM,but no mention of "last updated"? I don't know how long LE has to submit. Others have mentioned a lag in booking reports,etc..Maybe it's when they get a round tuit? :moo:

I"m confused about something and maybe you all can help me clear it up in my mind. On the police report the officer states that TE informed him of both a possible violent ex bf, and also about OM. Was this report written the evening of finding the car when the officer and TE went and retrieved the car? If so, then that means TE knew about OM prior to the HE going missing correct? In order for it to be included in the police report he had to have known about it prior. [modsnip] If the report was simply written a day or two later, then it makes sense to me. If it was written that night of finding the car, then something doesn't add up.

You bring up so many great points and questions. When I look at the police report, the first thing I notice, is it was admin closed around 5am on 12/20. So, I would conclude that nothing else was added after this time. Based on this, I would conclude he knew about OM, when the report was closed. Now, sometime between LE arriving at TE's house and the report being closed TE spoke to the date, LE spoke to the roommate, and TE got the phone records. The roommate disclosed to LE about her phone call with HE, which explained HE being upset with OM. I am assuming that LE disclosed all of this to TE. All fingers point to him knowing about OM that evening....IMO. He also had the phone records which he could have figured out who was who. He may have gone to find out more information, but I don't see how he had no information when he knew she was on the phone until 6am and it was later disclosed who it was. I just don't see it being kept from him. LE would want him to know that, so he didn't hear it from another source. Also, LE spoke to OM on the 19th because the statement was made, that he spoke to her yesterday, which was the 18th.

I think at the time the police report was filed, written, TE had given phone records he had access to and they knew who she last talked to and they were included in the report. Yes? Maybe?

The police report was filed on the night of Dec 19th, the same night TE was taken to the abandoned car.

I think it's in the police report .... although I'm unsure if it's in the original or the redacted copy.

maybe police reorts can be revised like MSM,but no mention of "last updated"? I don't know how long LE has to submit. Others have mentioned a lag in booking reports,etc..Maybe it's when the get a round tuit? :moo:

Heather Elvis case: Family holds vigil, police eye phone calls with older man
January 25, 2014
http://www.examiner.com/article/hea...s-vigil-police-eye-phone-calls-with-older-man

I realize a 10% copyright rule so I will put choice pieces from here and BOLD the DIRECT QUOTES, Since articles seems to be updated maybe we should start posting every article found so there will be many backup copies in case of "updating" :twocents:

The vigil took place just a couple miles cross-country from where Heather Elvis' vehicle was discovered by an officer on patrol. Terry Elvis had later identified the car as his (it was registered in his name) but there was no reason for it to be at Peachtree Landing, abandoned. He filed a missing person report

The search for Heather Elvis began immediately. It was Dec. 19.

Also this week, new information has become public in the missing person case, albeit information that Horry County police have known since the beginning of the investigation: There were a set of phone calls made between Elvis and an older man after she was dropped off at her home following a date.

Horry County Police Crime Report
Case No.
Report No.
Report Date:
12/19/2013
Status Indicator
C - Administratively Closed
(Investigation is admin. closed
until further leads)

Horry County Police Crime Report
Case No.
Report No.
Report Date:
12/19/2013
Horry County Police
2560 N Main ST
Conway, SC 29526
843 915-5350
Page 1 of 4
NetRMS_CR.rtf v2f
Printed For:
Printed: December 30, 2013 - 5:14 PM

I did a search for heather elvis Horry County Police Crime Report & came up w/numerous hits. IIRC there was some turmoil about a redacted/unredacted report.This has some redacted but lots of personal names & numbers still included. I won't post the link for fear this may be the "bad report" mentioned which shall not be named or referred to here. I have saved it though.

Status Indicator - Administratively Closed

Telling. Telling indeed. It's no longer an active investigation. It's on the backburner, y'all! :facepalm:

Community volunteers join search for area woman Heather Elvis

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/01/03/3938333/community-volunteers-join-search.html
January 3, 2014 Updated 15 hours ago(checked 1/30/14)

In an Horry County police report filed late Dec. 19, an officer on patrol saw the 20-year-old’s vehicle parked at Peachtree boat landing and called her father, who is the registered owner, to inquire why it was parked there. Her father said he last heard from Elvis about 10:43 p.m. Dec. 17 when she sent him a text message. There is a $20,000 reward for information about her whereabouts.

So much for hoping they had something. Cold case now

not necessarily-notice that (Printed: December 30, 2013 - 5:14 PM)
I really don't know how they operate. I think that's why some ppl were asking these questions a few threads ago. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can tell us?

Telling. Telling indeed. It's no longer an active investigation. It's on the backburner, y'all! :facepalm:

I have corrected this several times in several threads

The status indicator on this particular report has nothing to do with the active investigation that is currently going on

This is only considered what most call the cover page.

This particular report is the actual report that was taken on scene at the time of her report of her being missing.

Nothing further.

Even though it is four pages long you do not see all the added supplements or revised or additional information added to the case nor is that information available to the public.

Not to mention if additional calls are received in relation to this case sometimes new case numbers are generated and in the end if the case has been solved All case numbers can be connected to the main case number.

Earlier threads like 10 or so I also brought up if "falling down stairs at work" might not have just been a convenient excuse to explain bruises from a violent boyfried if they had just broken up.Or maybe that boyfriend might have found out about another one on the side concurrently (OM)? Maybe that's when Heather went to a private Twitter account?

:

Snipped respectfully by me
I'm thinking exbf found out she was cheating and it let to an awful breakup

that just pertains to the suspicious car report not the missing person,imo

I have corrected this several times in several threads

The status indicator on this particular report has nothing to do with the active investigation that is currently going on

This is only considered what most call the cover page.

This particular report is the actual report that was taken on scene at the time of her report of her being missing.

Nothing further.

Even though it is four pages long you do not see all the added supplements or revised or additional information added to the case nor is that information available to the public.

Not to mention if additional calls are received in relation to this case sometimes new case numbers are generated and in the end if the case has been solved All case numbers can be connected to the main case number.

Yup you are right on with all this. As a 911 dispatcher I was trained to take Police reports (case reports).

The officer would take a report and call it into Case Intake. I would assign a Case number and officer would dictake all info. When report was done I would send it over to his supervisor (Desk Officer) for his approval, then the Desk officer would send report to Detectives. The Detectives will add info and the reporting officer in course of his shift would be asked to respond to get/interview other persons which I would add to the report. I then had to print the report out and give it to my Supervisor, etc. Some reports were modified for months.

When was Heather's apartment checked?

I don't know. I haven't seen any mention of this.
I think if I was taken to my daughters abandon car, the next stop I would make would be her house to see if she was there. I'd do this prior to calling all her friends. But that's just me.

Here is another possibility to consider about the XBF. The only indication we have that he is an issue is the report that says TE told LE that he was potentially violent. Maybe HE told TE that XBF caused injuries to her were actually caused by a confrontation with another person, a person who it would be much more embarrassing for a daughter to explain to a devout Baptist father. Maybe, XBF is not actually violent at all. I mean, he doesn't appear to be a part of this case at all any more. JMO, of course.

In this particular article, it mentions that according to the police report Terry mentions about this possible co-worker, (ex boy friend, maybe??) that if she hides he will find her........

"The victim’s father also expressed concern to police about another man and possible coworker of Elvis “due to him possibly being abusive,” the report said.

According to the report, the victim’s father reported that the second man who was a possible coworker stated, “if she hides, he will find her.” "

http://m.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member