SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In this particular article, it mentions that according to the police report Terry mentions about this possible co-worker, (ex boy friend, maybe??) that if she hides he will find her........

"The victim’s father also expressed concern to police about another man and possible coworker of Elvis “due to him possibly being abusive,” the report said.

According to the report, the victim’s father reported that the second man who was a possible coworker stated, “if she hides, he will find her.” "

http://m.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

IMOO.

I find that quote so curious. "If she hides, he will find her". Wonder what the context was.
It seems like the type of statement one would make to someone they are in a relationship with and are afraid will leave.
According to everything we've read it seems she has left that relationship so I just wonder if there was some other context to it.

Community volunteers join search for area woman Heather Elvis

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/01/03/3938333/community-volunteers-join-search.html
January 3, 2014 Updated 15 hours ago(checked 1/30/14)

In an Horry County police report filed late Dec. 19, an officer on patrol saw the 20-year-old’s vehicle parked at Peachtree boat landing and called her father, who is the registered owner, to inquire why it was parked there. Her father said he last heard from Elvis about 10:43 p.m. Dec. 17 when she sent him a text message. There is a $20,000 reward for information about her whereabouts.

What's interesting about this is that it contradicts the article that Terry wrote about the police officer knocking on Terry's door. It seems like Terry didn't have a clue as to why the officer knocked on his door.

"As the sky grew darker outside, the nightmare began creeping ever closer. Still silent, still unseen -- and then there is a knock at the door.

Outside there was an officer.

I didn't panic. After all, I have many friends in law enforcement who stop by all the time for one thing or another and this person was a friend. I arrived at the door with a smile and a handshake, but soon the mood darkened. The officer asked me, “Are you missing a car?

I looked in the driveway and all were there so I replied, “Nope, all of them are right there."

He replied, “What about a dark green Dodge Intrepid? “

"That's Heather’s car -- why?”

Now the fear was starting to reveal itself to me, but still not quite the intense shellshock yet to come.

The officer tells me that Heather’s car was reported abandoned at a nearby boat landing. I grabbed the extra keys and got into his car so that we could go have a look. It only took a short ride, and we arrived."

http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/heather-elvis-disappearance-terry-elvis

Now, Terry's article was published on January 17th, which is after the article from January 3rd.

Why is this information incorrect?
Is the January 3rd article wrong, or did Terry say that a police officer called him, because at that time, maybe Terry didn't want people to know that he himself took the extra keys to Heather's car, and with the police officer they went to PTL together?

I noticed several inconsistencies in different articles.
I wonder why that is?

IMOO.

What's interesting about this is that it contradicts the article that Terry wrote about the police officer knocking on Terry's door. It seems like Terry didn't have a clue as to why the officer knocked on his door.

"As the sky grew darker outside, the nightmare began creeping ever closer. Still silent, still unseen -- and then there is a knock at the door.

I didn't panic. After all, I have many friends in law enforcement who stop by all the time for one thing or another and this person was a friend. I arrived at the door with a smile and a handshake, but soon the mood darkened. The officer asked me, “Are you missing a car?

I looked in the driveway and all were there so I replied, “Nope, all of them are right there."

Now the fear was starting to reveal itself to me, but still not quite the intense shellshock yet to come.

The officer tells me that Heather’s car was reported abandoned at a nearby boat landing. I grabbed the extra keys and got into his car so that we could go have a look. It only took a short ride, and we arrived."

Now, Terry's article was published on January 17th, which is after the article from January 3rd.

Is the January 3rd article wrong, or did Terry say that a police officer called him, because at that time, maybe Terry didn't want people to know that he himself took the extra keys to Heather's car, and with the police officer they went to PTL together?

I wonder why that is?

IMOO.

Because there are several inconsistencies. I agree with your observations. I have noticed that as well, and I don't blame them to this many bad reporters.

In reading the different MSM articles that have been shared here, many have noted inconsistencies from the different accounts given. I think it's likely, jmo, that some things get lost in translation, so to speak. Again, this is just an observation and opinion. It's possible that in the earlier report the word "called" was used in place of "contacted". Contacted would cover any kind of communication, including in person. Maybe these words were interchanged, causing confusion in minute details.

Also, just a thought, maybe it is standard operating procedure to first make phone contact in a case like this, but since TE had so many friends in HCPD they opted to make contact in person. What are the chances that someone knew this was his daughter' car and had a bad feeling, hence the personal visit.

These are just observations, impressions and thoughts based on living in a smaller community where most people know each other.

Is anyone else puzzled by TE not acknowledging that he knows Garrett Starnes ? I could believe that if Garrett was just someone who showed up to search or pick up flyers. But GS was a big poster/commenter on the FHE. He was very involved with organizing searches. It was obvious to anyone reading on the FHE that BB and GS were working together , not only on organzing searches , etc.. But also with the " DR" fake persona. I find it hard to believe that TE was not aware of , and wasn't asked for his approval on the " DR" persona. Espeacially, since TE commented on several of the " DR" posts and did not delete them.
I could buy into TE stating something like " I understand Garret is a friend of Bill's and has been helping Bill organize searches but I don't really know him that well " But I find TE not acknowledging that he knows or knows of Garrett, a bit puzzling .

Am I the only person confused by this ?

In reading the different MSM articles that have been shared here, many have noted inconsistencies from the different accounts given. I think it's likely, jmo, that some things get lost in translation, so to speak. Again, this is just an observation and opinion. It's possible that in the earlier report the word "called" was used in place of "contacted". Contacted would cover any kind of communication, including in person. Maybe these words were interchanged, causing confusion in minute details.

Also, just a thought, maybe it is standard operating procedure to first make phone contact in a case like this, but since TE had so many friends in HCPD they opted to make contact in person. What are the chances that someone knew this was his daughter' car and had a bad feeling, hence the personal visit.

These are just observations, impressions and thoughts based on living in a smaller community where most people know each other.

The biggest one I noticed that can be discussed....was in the police report, TE mentions the ex and the phrase, but then while on tv interview with Jane on Hltv, he said "she had never mentioned anything about either one of these men." (Potentially violent or OM). Also in same interview he says he was never given pm's name. It was done on 1/21.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1401/21/ijvm.01.html

I wonder why that is?

IMOO.

That is a very dramatic and detailed description. Why does that bother me?

The biggest one I noticed that can be discussed....was in the police report, TE mentions the ex and the phrase, but then while on tv interview with Jane on Hltv, he said "she had never mentioned anything about either one of these men." (Potentially violent or OM). Also in same interview he says he was never given pm's name. It was done on 1/21.

I agree. That is puzzling. I didn't address it above because my mind is still chewing on that one. That one is very hard to explain. That phrase has stuck with me through all discussions of possibilities.

That is a very dramatic and detailed description. Why does that bother me?

I think TE uses his writings to express his pain and appeal to someone that may know something about his daughter's disappearance. It's really all he has.

I am wondering if the roommate initially gave out the information about a potentially violent man and if she hides, he will find her??

IMOO.

Me too. Also, someone said something about the address. Is one of their addresses, of significance? I don't live there. Or was the comment in reference to the public index?

The address is a couple miles from Heather elvis's condo, and is listed on the Public Index link.

IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member