SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what kind of phone she has, but, if she had an Android, I would love to see the Location History from the Google account. I believe as long as the phone is not actually turned off it will update the location history when it next received signal. Depending on whether or not she has GPS turned on it will give a location to within a few yards.

So 6 am PST is actually 9 am our time. Are the reports already taking that into account when they say as late as 6 am….or is our timeline for last call now at 9 am? Hmmmm.

For those of you with TMobile, how up to date are yours? I have Verizon and the last call I see on my usage was around 1:30, which was over 9 hours ago. The lasts text it shows I received was at 3:30, yesterday, even though I have sent so many after this date and time.

Question, did TE call or get these online? I know people keep saying both. Have we heard either way?

Last seen referred to when she was last seen by her parents. As far as the car and good old boy LE tactics, you're assuming nothing was done to 'gather important evidence'. I can assure you, we haven't lost interest and everything is being investigated.
when I refer to "good old boy tactics" I was assuming that from TE's ORIGINAL article he said LE was "friends" and he drove the car home with gloves. I'm sure LE would be working VERY HARD ,especially for a friend.
By this assumption I was meaning to say no way in hell if ANYONE (LE or even Prez Obama) called and told my my daughters car was there and go pick it up I"D REFUSE TO DO SO. I'd ask them to impound it-secure it-and let them do their work. I wouldn't in any way risk compromising an obvious investigation. Especially if I had been trying to get a hold of her while there.
That being said my heart goes out to you and your family. Of course I know you haven't lost interest. Neither have I and I'm on the West Coast and know nobody related to Heather or even friends. When I said "losing interest" I was NOT referring to family,friends in the area-I was referring to complete strangers across the world who might just come up with that 1 piece that makes things ft. It's so hard to keep anyone else involved in something so very far away and I was voicing my frustration at changes/roadblocks/lack of info.
I'm sure they're investigating everything and I'm hoping there's LOTS to investigate. Your family and Heathers loved ones are always in my thots and prayers. <hugs> dear lady.
I know you won't stop looking and I promise you that neither will I. This whole mess is making me hug my kids even closer.

I don't know what kind of phone she has, but, if she had an Android, I would love to see the Location History from the Google account. I believe as long as the phone is not actually turned off it will update the location history when it next received signal. Depending on whether or not she has GPS turned on it will give a location to within a few yards.

She had an Android phone and it has been turned off since December 18, 2013.

Does that coincide with a reported timeframe? I recall the reference to a last known call, and a last ping, but I don't remember if the ping issue was part of any report we can discuss here.

Thank you for any clarification, and I continue to think of your family and fervently hope that Heather is soon home.

I know you may not be able to answer, but has anyone looked at the location history in her Google setting?

For those not familiar with Location history. This is what it looks like.

macro.PNG

micro.PNG

Would they need the phone for that?

A phone or tablet that has a data connection for it to track you. To use an Android you have to sign initially with a Google account. I believe location services are on by default but the sharing with people in your "circles" is off.

You can access Location History on any computer, or web browser that you can use to log in to the Google account.

Actually, I think the use of the 17th is correct, because it is the last time it can be verified that Heather was seen. I don't know of course what information LE has but I'm sure they have interviewed the staff at the restaurant and anyone the date thought might be able to act as a witness after leaving the restaurant. But, after leaving the restaurant, there may be no other witnesses, or cctv, or any other independent way to verify Heather's whereabouts. All they have is the date's word. LE generally (that's generally) will use the last verified time. In this case, that's somewhere around the time the two left the restaurant on the 17th.

Hope that makes sense,

Salem

I agree more for the missing report, even though, I still find so many holes. Don't want to go down that path again because I know many didn't like discussing it.

What I don't understand in any capacity is leaving the 17th on the poster when the car was supposedly reported on the 19th. I just can't understand saying it was found on the 17th, if it was actually found on the 19th. IMO, it is a red flag and makes me question and second guess a lot of things.

A phone or tablet that has a data connection for it to track you. To use an Android you have to sign initially with a Google account. I believe location services are on by default but the sharing with people in your "circles" is off.

You can access Location History on any computer, or web browser that you can use to log in to the Google account.

Good suggestion, I'd imagine LE has thought of that but it's certainly worth mentioning just to be sure!

I don't think we're allowed to link to anything on FB but, it was nice to see a video message from John Walsh to my brother and his wife.

Actually, I think the use of the 17th is correct, because it is the last time it can be verified that Heather was seen. I don't know of course what information LE has but I'm sure they have interviewed the staff at the restaurant and anyone the date thought might be able to act as a witness after leaving the restaurant. But, after leaving the restaurant, there may be no other witnesses, or cctv, or any other independent way to verify Heather's whereabouts. All they have is the date's word. LE generally (that's generally) will use the last verified time. In this case, that's somewhere around the time the two left the restaurant on the 17th.

Hope that makes sense,

Salem

I hear what you are saying and would agree the missing persons report could be any date 17-19. The date that is causing a lot of people to question it, is on the poster. So many people have brought this up. The reason is because it states, the car was found abandoned on the 17th on the poster, when MSM states the 19th. This causes some confusion.

Good suggestion, I'd imagine LE has thought of that but it's certainly worth mentioning just to be sure!

I would hope so, but wanted to throw that out there anyway. There was a conversation in the last thread about the growth of technology, generational gaps, and the affordability of keeping up with and utilizing new technology in cases. You never know anymore.

Hope that makes sense,

Salem

I thought there was mention of a drive thru??Maybe I assumed it was after her date dropped her off? I thot there was a receipt??

Honestly I doubt anyone who thought they had real info would hold back due to the date shown about the car being found. Apparently LE has fielded thousands of tips, probably most of the useless, but most people look at the face on a poster, IMO. I am more concerned about how different she appears in photos released vs. a recent one on her FB page and the in taken in the car.

I would hope so, but wanted to throw that out there anyway. There was a conversation in the last thread about the growth of technology, generational gaps, and the affordability of keeping up with and utilizing new technology in cases. You never know anymore.

You could submit that tip, leave no stone unturned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc