SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking a rather strange thought-what if Heather was being stalked (either known or SK). Wouldn't the full moon and the fact that LE might have been tied up looking for 2 escaped perps provide for an opportune moment to take advantage of this??
In either case one would assumed this was planned due to the timing??

I thought there was mention of a drive thru??Maybe I assumed it was after her date dropped her off? I thot there was a receipt??

There were receipts, but the times were not given that I'm aware of. I don't know if they were before or after the date, I always just thought they were for before because not much would have been open after the date. So.. hard to say.

The time between the last verified sighting of Heather and the finding of her car is very concerning :(

I wish LE would give us a bit more information to go on.

Salem

(...)IMO. I am more concerned about how different she appears in photos released vs. a recent one on her FB page and the in taken in the car.

I agree with this. I don't understand the why there is no picture of the tattoos on the recent poster. Perhaps we can be enlightened? I apologize if this question seems offensive, but...I don't get it.

There were receipts, but the times were not given that I'm aware of. I don't know if they were before or after the date, I always just thought they were for before because not much would have been open after the date. So.. hard to say.

The time between the last verified sighting of Heather and the finding of her car is very concerning :(

I wish LE would give us a bit more information to go on.

Salem

The time stamp on both receipts were before her date.

Maybe LE is working behind the scenes and does not feel releasing a timeline to the public will be of any benefit to them. My belief is what they need is to find Heather. Maybe they can place her on the phone with a person, maybe they can even place them together at some point...but none of that brings them to being able to prove this person harmed her.

If they know her movements, for example, up until 3am or even 6am, then they may not need filling in on anything prior to the morning of the 18th. They may know how her car got to the dock and when.

People putting out there the idea that she ran away (always possible) is a problem LE also has to deal with. Right now, there seems to be no actual proof she was injured or killed.

Anyway JMO. I always try to maintain faith in LE, until something proves me wrong.

Seriously, about all I've got to go on is a missing person that went missing the 17th or the 18th a located car that was abandoned the 17th or 18th or 19th, and a phone that was turned off on the 18th. Oh, and there are two individuals who have admitted to speaking to the missing person over the phone on the morning of the 18th. Missing posters say one thing, LE states another, and MSM...it depends which currently updated article I'm looking at as to what's stated and supposedly accurate information. Oh and the fact of a wanted felon fleeing the scene of a crime a morning a few miles away from one of the days she maybe went missing. Sigh. Rant over.

I agree with this. I don't understand the why there is no picture of the tattoos on the recent poster. Perhaps we can be enlightened? I apologize if this question seems offensive, but...I don't get it.

I'm also a bit concerned about the older pictures on the posters and the wording 'slender build'. By no means at all am I saying she's not skinny...but the picture of her in the car and the pictures on her posters are different.

I look at pictures of my 20 year old daughter, and they are vastly different than her 18 year old pictures.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk HD

Seriously, about all I've got to go on is a missing person that went missing the 17th or the 18th a located car that was abandoned the 17th or 18th or 19th, and a phone that was turned off on the 18th. Oh, and there are two individuals who have admitted to speaking to the missing person over the phone on the morning of the 18th. Missing posters say one thing, LE states another, and MSM...it depends which currently updated article I'm looking at as to what's stated and supposedly accurate information. Oh and the fact of a wanted felon fleeing the scene of a crime a morning a few miles away from one of the days she maybe went missing. Sigh. Rant over.

I agree a list of our verified facts is a very short list :(

Heather is missing. The car she drove was found.

Snowy, I really am glad to see your thoughts. Also, your name and pic! We have had an influx of snowy owls where I live - such beautiful and wise :) birds!

Thank you ! Once I get familiar w/how this board works I intend to tackle other threads. I guess I'll be annoying a lot of people. If they're annoyed by ??/ideas then I guess I really don't give a hoot ;)
I also love snowy owls. If u saw any of the Harry Potter movies then Hedwig was a trusted messenger. ;)

Has LE made a statement one way or the other to their own community as to whether or not they believe there is any threat to the community or if they believe this was an isolated event? I don't recall if they ever stated they suspected foul play. They must know the community seems to suspect it.

Has LE made a statement one way or the other to their own community as to whether or not they believe there is any threat to the community or if they believe this was an isolated event? I don't recall if they ever stated they suspected foul play. They must know the community seems to suspect it.

No, they have not. There was brief statement when Jamie Cross went missing that they did not think it was related to the HE case. Other than that, no word on whether or not residents should be concerned.

It's disconcerting really. A statement on way or another would make a lot of people feel a bit safer around here.

It would seem odd to me that the first post on a thread by mods would include something like that? Only because as a new person looking at that post might be thrown off the track with this. As it is,we have a dearth of information since no pressers or comments and what verifiable facts we do have helps to create a starting point?
Maybe it's my attention to deatail & I'm still frustrated about the disappearance of that article which stated TE drove the car home. In my mind that created a break in any evidence that could have been gathered.
I know I'm new to this,but it certainly seems frustrating to me that we seem to be flailing around with nothing to grab onto and no concrete info or confirmation. It's been over a month,for Pete's sake!
Between the shoddy reporting and good old boy LE tactics :moo: there's really nothing to go by. I feel for the Elvis family & loved ones. I guess if I were in their shoes I'd be doing it my own way. With so many missing people in that area it sure seems there might be a lack of competance on ALL sides. :moo:
darn frustrating. I can see where people would lose interest.

In case it hasn't been explained yet, as usual LE didn't consider Heather missing officially for awhile. At the time they knocked on TE's door about the car being found unattended at PTL, LE thought the car was left parked there for no particular reason.???
The next day, on Friday, when Heather didn't show up for her 4PM shift at work, concern grew and LE considered the possibility that something could be be seriously wrong.
Otherwise everyone hoped she had gone off with a friend, despite the fact she didn't answer her phone, even though no one had seen her since Tuesday evening.

For these reasons TE drove the car to his house because it wasn't allowed to stay parked at PTL.

Thank you, LadyHawkke, for coming here and answering questions for us! You have no idea how much I appreciate it. I know you're going through a living hell right now. I hope that Heather is found soon, and that your family gets closure.

In case it hasn't been explained yet, as usual LE didn't consider Heather missing officially for awhile. At the time they knocked on TE's door about the car being found unattended at PTL, LE thought the car was left parked there for no particular reason.???
The next day, on Friday, when Kelly didn't show up for her 4PM shift at work, concern grew and LE considered the possibility that something could be be seriously wrong.
Otherwise everyone hoped she had gone off with a friend, despite the fact she didn't answer her phone, even though no one had seen her since Tuesday evening.

For these reasons TE drove the car to his house because it wasn't allowed to stay parked at PTL.

I know what she is saying and I am on the same page. Super surprised that LE was not as well. When a car is found abandon and no one can contact the driver, no one should drive it. If there is evidence, it's been compromised and that case as well as any cases that officer worked on could be looked at. They filled out a missing report right away and terry even said he knew right away something was wrong because she wouldn't answer. Then while at the car he talked to the date and the roommate and they walked around and looked. He has stated he knew something was deeply wrong. LE should have called for the car it be impounded. Our local LE impound and would have in this case. They bring in to the lot. Now, anything will be tosses out, big bummer

Lady hawkke,
Thanks for taking the time out of your day to come here and post updates when you can. I keep you and your Elvis family in my prayers. I also keep the IL family in my prayers. I hope things get better for everyone really soon.

I know what she is saying and I am on the same page. Super surprised that LE was not as well. When a car is found abandon and no one can contact the driver, no one should drive it. If there is evidence, it's been compromised and that case as well as any cases that officer worked on could be looked at. They filled out a missing report right away and terry even said he knew right away something was wrong because she wouldn't answer. Then while at the car he talked to the date and the roommate and they walked around and looked. He has stated he knew something was deeply wrong. LE should have called for the car it be impounded. Our local LE impound and would have in this case. They bring in to the lot. Now, anything will be tosses out, big bummer

that's why I told Ladyhawkke that if it were me I would say no way I'm driving it. I'm leaving it right there and you can tow it away. That's why I seemed to have upset some when I called LE "good old boys". I'm shocked that professionals would be so nonchalant-especially if friends w/TE and he expressed worry. Ticket me for a car there-arrest me if you have to, but I'm not moving no dang car when I have a parents gut instinct telling me something is really wrong.
that seems to me a very amateur move :twocents:

that's why I told Ladyhawkke that if it were me I would say no way I'm driving it. I'm leaving it right there and you can tow it away. That's why I seemed to have upset some when I called LE "good old boys". I'm shocked that professionals would be so nonchalant-especially if friends w/TE and he expressed worry. Ticket me for a car there-arrest me if you have to, but I'm not moving no dang car when I have a parents gut instinct telling me something is really wrong.
that seems to me a very amateur move :twocents:

I grew up all around LE and FBI and people are constantly tell me, now if this happens, you should do that. I still that that I would like to think I would know on my own to do that, even if I suspected was just a missing person because you just never know. Better be safe then sorry. I am sure TE may have been overwhelmed with fear and worry and panic. But the police shouldn't have allowed. It puzzled me though, that LE had enough sense to tell him to wear gloves, but not to tell him we should impound it.

I always read these cases and learn what I would do if it was family and what I would want them to do if it was me. I learn so many things every time and share this with them. It is also good to discuss with the kids in all of our lives.

tnks for explaning. I can understand,but why does it continue to be posted right at the top of new threads? Thread #11 was posted Jan 27 and by now those following might know (and clarifying appreciated) but why don't they change the very first thing anyone would see (or at least include an explanation)? It confuses those of us jumping in the middle :twocents:
Who's Kelly BTW?

Oh my! I'm so glad I checked back here again prior to logging out.
Another case I follow is that of Kelly Dwyer who went missing from Milwaukee on October 11, 2013. New information from warrants was released two days ago so I've been over on her thread alot (which is one of the reasons I can't keep up here). Anyway, I still had my 'edit' button, so I fixed the name in my post. If you have your 'edit' button still (down on the bottom right near 'thanks', will you do the same? Thanks.

When I read your last line, at first I thought why am I being asked that here? lol!
At this point, I'm just staring at the page/words and nothing is sinking in so time for bed.

Btw, I'm detail minded too and the discrepancies drive me crazy.
Often I get stuck on an unexplainable detail until someone snaps me out of it. Details are important though imo.

I'm always surprised when my sarcasm doesn't transfer in my writing.
There used to be a sarcastic smilie over on the right with the rest of them there.
Cuz that's how I meant a statement or two in my post about the car.
In so many cases, the alarm is muffled in the first vital hours imo.

The way I explained it is the way I think it happened per LE procedure in this case though (with or without an opinion about it).

Night all. My left temple is throbbing!

I grew up all around LE and FBI and people are constantly tell me, now if this happens, you should do that. I still that that I would like to think I would know on my own to do that, even if I suspected was just a missing person because you just never know. Better be safe then sorry. I am sure TE may have been overwhelmed with fear and worry and panic. But the police shouldn't have allowed. It puzzled me though, that LE had enough sense to tell him to wear gloves, but not to tell him we should impound it.

I always read these cases and learn what I would do if it was family and what I would want them to do if it was me. I learn so many things every time and share this with them. It is also good to discuss with the kids in all of our lives.

agreed. I always say I learn something from everyone-good or bad. I've also been around LE for most of my life and I'd never think to question them,but I know enuf to realize as a parent I have an extra instinct. If it takes me being arrested,then so be it. I'd rather have to pay fines/penalties/bail than walk away from a danger to my babies. I'm sure in hindsight TE is questioning why,but I hope it's a valuable lesson we can all apply to our lives. I'm always trying to keep an eye out and have taught my kids to look everyone in the eyes & remember what you can. As a petite person I know it's saved me many times. We tend to be easy targets. That's also why I have a black belt.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member