SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. That's what I've been saying. TE reported her missing right away so, why then wasn't the whole area cordoned off and treated like a crime scene? Baffles me to no end. :notgood:

I am not under the impression he reported her missing right away. I think he had questions when he arrived at the landing but I don't think they arose to a frantic/panic mode until a few hours later. In an early article he pretty much said just that. That after an hour of calling Heather and only getting her voicemail he was frantic.
I'm not faulting him, I just think that he figured there was some explanation for the car being there and a very different picture was put before him a little later.
He did not gather all of his info until he arrived back home from the landing. He didn't pull phone records until then. I'm not entirely certain he talked to the roommate until after he was back home.
The recent articles are written in retrospect--at least 30 days out retrospect.
The details in the xojane article are more emotional than the details in the first article that TE discussed going to the landing.
I do not believe that TE understood the gravity of the situation, for whatever reason, when he was at the landing with the officer.
JMO

Ladyhawke stated that the receipts were before her date.

I know, but I didn't know if we were allowed to talk about it. It eliminates the hospital visit speculation.

So, thank you for that.

Lady hawkke,
Thanks for taking the time out of your day to come here and post updates when you can. I keep you and your Elvis family in my prayers. I also keep the IL family in my prayers. I hope things get better for everyone really soon.

IL family??

BBM. That's what I've been saying. TE reported her missing right away so, why then wasn't the whole area cordoned off and treated like a crime scene? Baffles me to no end. :notgood:

the only reason I can think of is that she's an adult with the mental capacity and means to do what she wants and not being in contact with a parent for 24/36 hours doesn't constitute a crime taking place.

I understand hockeymom. If the date SAW her at 2 am of the 18th then why are they not stating the 18th?
<snipped>

Simple (possible) answer: LE had a hold back of information on the guy HE went out with that night.

Also, they could have held back other info that would cause the date to be suspect based on calls/texts, etc between HE and the wife/man. JMO
I mean...we now know there was communication hours after the last official publicly stated (a) ping of HE's phone and (b) last contact with anyone (roommate around 2am).

My guess: It was/is all part of the investigative process, not shoddy reporting, inerrant posters or bad work on the part of LE.

Did anyone have a spare key to their place?

Who is the landlord?

Who knew the roommate would be away?

Could it have been someone looking for the roomie and found Heather?

Only questions! Food for thought!

Great questions.

1. You are assuming her apartment was locked and she had a key

2. You are assuming it was only her and Bri that stayed there.

For those of you who live/d in MB, what is the most publicized case (by local media) in MB history? Not just missing person cases, any type of crime.

ETA: I am just curious because people have said local media doesn't want to affect tourism, is bad at reporting the news, so I am wondering if there's been a case that they did cover more extensively.

Simple (possible) answer: LE had a hold back of information on the guy HE went out with that night.

Also, they could have held back other info that would cause the date to be suspect based on calls/texts, etc between HE and the wife/man. JMO
I mean...we now know there was communication hours after the last official publicly stated (a) ping of HE's phone and (b) last contact with anyone (roommate around 2am).

My guess: It was/is all part of the investigative process, not shoddy reporting, inerrant posters or bad work on the part of LE.

bolded by me....at least that's what we like to think, LOL

I am pretty sure I have read all the articles as they appeared and I do not recall that LE told TE to wear gloves...I mean, does everyone just happen to carry gloves around in MB? That would be a weird statement, for sure. JMO

Of course all theories are welcome.
For myself, I do believe the date happened, because I believe the photo and TE's comment on receiving it.
I also believe she went home after the date and posted to tumblr while answering and possibly hanging up on calls she received (according to her room mate). <snipped>

<snipped>
There has been so much talk regarding the picture HE sent her Dad of her learning to drive the truck - that is suspicious too.
<snipped>

I'm not sure how the two pieces of conjecture started, but would appreciate someone filling me in. While I was involved with the search, I had to step away from the public conversation -- so I'm a few whole threads behind.

We discussed the gloves (at great length) why he wore them, where he got them in the first thread but I can't find the link.

Wearing gloves was TE's idea because he was sure that something was wrong.

I am pretty sure I have read all the articles as they appeared and I do not recall that LE told TE to wear gloves...I mean, does everyone just happen to carry gloves around in MB? That would be a weird statement, for sure. JMO

Everyone here has gloves in their car in December, so it wouldn't be a stretch. I know people wouldn't in MB because it is warm. I modified my statement, so everyone can relax. It is MY opinion, that LE suggested to wear gloves. If that didn't occur, than it is my opinion, that TE did it on his own because I can't come up with any other ideas. I read the article. Everyone said how warm it was that day, so the gloves were not because it was cold outside.

In an earlier article that has since been changed (in my opinion as well) Terry said he drove the car home wearing gloves. My guess is that when LE came to his home and they went to PTL together, Terry figured Heather probably went to a party with a friend or something (nobody wants to immediately think the worst). I've parked my car several times in a public location to meet up with a friend and go somewhere. I would think LE said just incase wear these gloves - LE generally has medical type gloves in their vehicles. Without finding a screenshot or a saved version of the original article though, we don't know that for a fact anymore. PeterThomasFan do you have the earliest version of the crime feed and xojane articles?
:lookingitup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member