SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not under the impression he reported her missing right away. I think he had questions when he arrived at the landing but I don't think they arose to a frantic/panic mode until a few hours later. In an early article he pretty much said just that. That after an hour of calling Heather and only getting her voicemail he was frantic.
I'm not faulting him, I just think that he figured there was some explanation for the car being there and a very different picture was put before him a little later.
He did not gather all of his info until he arrived back home from the landing. He didn't pull phone records until then. I'm not entirely certain he talked to the roommate until after he was back home.
The recent articles are written in retrospect--at least 30 days out retrospect.
The details in the xojane article are more emotional than the details in the first article that TE discussed going to the landing.
I do not believe that TE understood the gravity of the situation, for whatever reason, when he was at the landing with the officer.
JMO

BBM

HE Timeline11:10pm: H.E. officially reported missing. ("right away" is subjective)

Crimefeed “An officer came just after dark and we went down to take a look where the car was there, after an hour of trying to call her it went straight to voicemail. By 7 p.m. I was frantic.” (TE was pretty much "frantic" upon arriving at PTL.)

xojane article "After I returned home, I began to lose it. Worry and emotions were turning on overdrive, and I was calling everyone I could think of." (BW would have been one of his first calls IMO)

Can someone please give me a definitive answer as to why we think the picture HE sent TE of her driving stick is suspicions?????
Forgive me if I seem snippy about this but if you want you can find problems with anything and everything in the world but it doesn't mean that there is anything actually wrong with it. I just think that if we pick apart every tiny detail that the actual important clues are going to get lost and it confuses everyone.

In an earlier article that has since been changed (in my opinion as well) Terry said he drove the car home wearing gloves. My guess is that when LE came to his home and they went to PTL together, Terry figured Heather probably went to a party with a friend or something (nobody wants to immediately think the worst). I've parked my car several times in a public location to meet up with a friend and go somewhere. I would think LE said just incase wear these gloves - LE generally has medical type gloves in their vehicles. Without finding a screenshot or a saved version of the original article though, we don't know that for a fact anymore. PeterThomasFan do you have the earliest version of the crime feed and xojane articles?
:lookingitup:

No, I don't and haven't been able to locate a cached version. But, I too remember reading about TE wearing gloves and driving HE's car home. Also, that the car was processed a day or two later at TE's home. Plus, we all talked about this in length way back when.

For those of you who live/d in MB, what is the most publicized case (by local media) in MB history? Not just missing person cases, any type of crime.

ETA: I am just curious because people have said local media doesn't want to affect tourism, is bad at reporting the news, so I am wondering if there's been a case that they did cover more extensively.

I live in upstate SC, and we never see this on TV, unless its NG or national news. The case I remember with the most coverage was the Brittany Drexel case, and maybe that's because it was fairly recently. Other things have happened, while I was at MB, then get home and no one had heard about it. A few years ago, one very large,new hotel, had several women pulled into rooms and assaulted, I heard about it in MB, but not at home. I think it was a maintenance worker at the hotel, that was later arrested.
They don't want to hurt the tourism, and teens and young adults go there and lose their minds. My dad used to call it sin city and we weren't allowed to go without adults until we were out of his house. I went to Las Vegas this year (at age 52) and my dad told me I was going to sin city. I replied, I thought that was Myrtle Beach?

I guess I only remember about gloves and TE driving the car from an insider, not from an article.

For those of you who live/d in MB, what is the most publicized case (by local media) in MB history? Not just missing person cases, any type of crime.

ETA: I am just curious because people have said local media doesn't want to affect tourism, is bad at reporting the news, so I am wondering if there's been a case that they did cover more extensively.

Would have to be BD. But then again, I don't recall it being a huge everyday news story. Only when something newsworthy came up in the case or DD was here for a visit or search. Also, I am relatively new to the area so, I cannot attest to anything before BD.

The biggest things in the news here IMO are typically local government news stories, everyday crimes, tourism, weather, high school sports, and CCU.

BBM

HE Timeline11:10pm: H.E. officially reported missing. ("right away" is subjective)

Crimefeed “An officer came just after dark and we went down to take a look where the car was there, after an hour of trying to call her it went straight to voicemail. By 7 p.m. I was frantic.” (TE was pretty much "frantic" upon arriving at PTL.)

xojane article "After I returned home, I began to lose it. Worry and emotions were turning on overdrive, and I was calling everyone I could think of." (BW would have been one of his first calls IMO)

Agree with you. According to how the police report is written, TE called the date prior to going to PTL. Then they go look around and then LE calls the roommate at some point. Then LE says he can't positively identify who the date is. I am all kinds of confused. Regardless, I think he was very full of fear when he arrived.

Can someone please give me a definitive answer as to why we think the picture HE sent TE of her driving stick is suspicions?????
Forgive me if I seem snippy about this but if you want you can find problems with anything and everything in the world but it doesn't mean that there is anything actually wrong with it. I just think that if we pick apart every tiny detail that the actual important clues are going to get lost and it confuses everyone.

I see nothing out of the ordinary with HE sending her dad a picture of her driving a stick.Shoot,even at my age (over thirty younger than 45,lol) I would send a picture to my daddy,except he does not know how to receive pictures and text on the cell phone he and my mama share.

Would have to be BD. But then again, I don't recall it being a huge everyday news story. Only when something newsworthy came up in the case or DD was here for a visit or search. Also, I am relatively new to the area so, I cannot attest to anything before BD.

The biggest things in the news here IMO are typically local government news stories, everyday crimes, tourism, weather, high school sports, and CCU.

I have "recently" been in the area since 1998. The biggest news story I remember is the wildfires a few years ago. Second to that would be Brittanie Drexel's case.

I guess I only remember about gloves and TE driving the car from an insider, not from an article.

Nope,I remember reading it...I think sometimes I got a case of the "ole timers memory" ....one thing about people who have ADD,is their ability to remember and also recall a lot of detail.IMO

Did anyone have a spare key to their place?

Who is the landlord?

Who knew the roommate would be away?

Could it have been someone looking for the roomie and found Heather?

Only questions! Food for thought!

These are great questions.

I like to think the Occam's Razor (when given two explanations for the same thing, the simpler one is usually the correct one) principle would apply well in Heather's case.

We should not ignore other relevant information
though. At this time, considering the facts known, simply because it makes it easier to prove. It's too simple and that persuades my mind to question other logical scenarios and perps.

What circumstances would have to be in line for her car to be at PTL and HE still be alive and in communication with known individual at 6am?

Heathers circle of friends/work associates was wide and diverse. If she was lured to and drove to PTL by a trusted associate why leave the car there? If the car was dropped at PTL after the fact-what makes that location relevant to the perp?

Who was HE known to go to PTL with?
Most perps would not have known to drop HE car or lure her to PTL as a safe place. IMO this does once again narrow the possibilities.

I think PTL is a huge clue. I question why "that" location. Would the most likely perp have left the car so close to their own living proximity? Wouldnt that make it too close for comfort? Or would this give them some kind of advantage?

JMO

I'm local and we always have the daily incarcerated reports from J. Reuben Long Detention Center, which can be interesting reading. Also, theres a lot of local political news, prostitution stings and arrests, and of course the weather! BD is the most noted missing person case, it's still mentioned quite a bit because it remains unsolved and the RSO connection.
Today all the focus is on the weather and winter storm "Leon".

BBM

The article stated LE arrived just after dark. Sunset was at 5:10 that night per our timeline. So I do not consider 11:10 to be right away--yes subjective :)
And for my stated purpose, he would drive the car away from the landing if he did not think something was very wrong right away.
An hour or two makes a big difference in his perspective.

And I agree with you that BW would be one of those first calls, but he didn't start making those calls until after he arrived home.

All this is just my speculation as to why he may have driven the car home. He didn't have all the information until he got home and looked into things.

Everyone here has gloves in their car in December, so it wouldn't be a stretch. I know people wouldn't in MB because it is warm. I modified my statement, so everyone can relax. It is MY opinion, that LE suggested to wear gloves. If that didn't occur, than it is my opinion, that TE did it on his own because I can't come up with any other ideas. I read the article. Everyone said how warm it was that day, so the gloves were not because it was cold outside.

Maybe the gloves were LE's(part of a evidence kit) ,to be worn in case of evidence transfers...jmo..I couldn't see TE bringing them(unless,like you say people have them in the glovebox just in case) or this just came to me..maybe he had them in the trunk with the spare tire ,so you wouldn't get your hands dirty changing tires(I've heard of people doing this).

The article stated LE arrived just after dark. Sunset was at 5:10 that night per our timeline. So I do not consider 11:10 to be right away--yes subjective :)
And for my stated purpose, he would drive the car away from the landing if he did not think something was very wrong right away.
An hour or two makes a big difference in his perspective.

And I agree with you that BW would be one of those first calls, but he didn't start making those calls until after he arrived home.

All this is just my speculation as to why he may have driven the car home. He didn't have all the information until he got home and looked into things.
so you are saying that once he got the info from BW,ex boyfriends(2)and the dates name , he turned it over to LE. Then I guess he wasn't present(or was he) when the OM was called by LE.

so you are saying that once he got the info from BW,ex boyfriends(2)and the dates name , he turned it over to LE. Then I guess he wasn't present(or was he) when the OM was called by LE.

My guess would be he talked to roommate, talked to date, kept trying to call Heather then called LE with all the info. I don't think LE was hanging around while he made these calls. And my guess would be that he wasn't present when LE called OM. TE has referred to the officer who came to his door as a friend, so do I think it's possible his friend let him know what OM said, yes I think it's possible.

And Retha Pierce . :D:D

IMO the BD case was interesting to the media,especially Nancy Grace.If my memory serves me correctly,this was not long after the Natalie Holloway case and spring break.Im thinking the spring break and awareness for young girls were a priority more so then.IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip