SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering how this discussion would be different if any one of the names entities listed in the PR would have been the ones charged with obstruction of justice yesterday.
It's all very interesting.
It's interesting that it is assumed by most that whatever the two people charged yesterday did, they did for the good of the case. I know we are victim friendly and family friendly here. However I keep thinking that people who kill, for instance, usually try to keep themselves close to the investigation and people are usually killed by someone they know. And a lot of the times people around them say I never would've thought that such and such was capable of this.

I'm ducking now. I just think we've been led in a direction, maybe it's a good one, maybe not, and we've failed to look at or consider other possibilities. Except a runaway-which some have held onto.
And really my point is if those arrested weren't family friends would our conversation be different.

Hoping I didn't cross a line-tried to stay within the lines, the lines are our friends :)

I swear I have that feeling of "Look over here", while something else is really going on....

Same here. What do we know about these two? Why would they mislead an Investigation into the disappearance of a family friend?

To the Mods I am not trying to cross the line, but based upon comments on SM sites and additional information.

I am wondering if DR was a fake account made up or if it wasn't one of the two who were recently arrested.

The account has been deleted.

My reasons for asking this is there was some strong very strong allegedly legal activity "about to happen" on Sunday 1-19-2014 ??

I know several of y'll remember because all heck broke loose.

And this alleged legal activity never happened ???

Wonder if this is one of the events that contributed to the arrests. :jail:

Personally I feel DR was arrested. I have zero facts to back this up--just my gut.

To the Mods I am not trying to cross the line, but based upon comments on SM sites and additional information.

I am wondering if DR was a fake account made up or if it wasn't one of the two who were recently arrested.

My reasons for asking this is there was some strong very strong allegedly legal activity "about to happen" on Sunday 1-19-2014 ??

Thinking this too! Add that one to the other missing fb pages :tantrum:

The January 19th thing was mentioned in one of the articles, but I can't find it now. I'll keep looking.

Same here. What do we know about these two? Why would they mislead an Investigation into the disappearance of a family friend?

I think before you ask that question you have to know exactly what they did. That answer might change how you view them or maybe not.

I am wondering how this discussion would be different if any one of the names entities listed in the PR would have been the ones charged with obstruction of justice yesterday.
It's all very interesting.
It's interesting that it is assumed by most that whatever the two people charged yesterday did, they did for the good of the case. I know we are victim friendly and family friendly here. However I keep thinking that people who kill, for instance, usually try to keep themselves close to the investigation and people are usually killed by someone they know. And a lot of the times people around them say I never would've thought that such and such was capable of this.

I'm ducking now. I just think we've been led in a direction, maybe it's a good one, maybe not, and we've failed to look at or consider other possibilities. Except a runaway-which some have held onto.
And really my point is if those arrested weren't family friends would our conversation be different.

Hoping I didn't cross a line-tried to stay within the lines, the lines are our friends :)
I agree with you. I think we aren't allowed to discuss other names though unless they were in the PR, or am I wrong? IDK, I'm not being sarcastic, I promise.

I think before you ask that question you have to know exactly what they did. That answer might change how you view them or maybe not.

I think I was basically asking that, NO?

We need guidance from the mods about discussing the SM posts involved with the arrests. IMO, it should be up for discussion since it caused the two arrests.

IMOO DR = BB

:facepalm:

It will be helpful if we could get ahold of the probable cause statements for the arrests.

Do we have a reporter posting or lurking that could request that for us?

Question: Why do some feel national coverage of this case will get the local LE to step up their game? Do you feel the state should take over this case? If yes why this case and not the others? Do you feel this isn't a "local" crime but one that has national ramifications? and finally .have you (locals) lost complete faith in your police department in regards to investigating what seems like a growing list of missing people?

I honestly don't think national news coverage will help find HE. At first, it was unknown where she was and very little info was made available by LE and local MSM. At that time, a wider "blast" of the news would have been ideal. But, since the release of PR and current direction in this case, I don't think it will make any difference if people in Utah are aware of HE's disappearance. If anything, the local LE and the Horry County Government are trying to avoid any national news coverage. Not that they have a choice in the matter but, they are not exactly reaching out for it are they? And, we STILL haven't heard a peep out of Mayor John Rhodes – have we now? In fact, he's been uncommonly quiet in the news.

I believe the LE is overtaxed and underfunded despite recent budget increases in 2013. They still do not have the best resources available to them. There is a huge crime problem here and it's hard for them to keep up – let alone solve a missing persons investigation.

There is little to no industry here in MB which accounts for the major lack of jobs and opportunities for people to get ahead or simply find a job for that matter.

The tourist industry is MB's biggest cash crop and the Gov. doesn't want to tarnish it's image over all of the missing persons here. I'm sorry to say but, that is pretty transparent. The MB Chamber of Commerce is currently under investigation itself! The "penny tax" they implemented several years ago has generated millions of dollars in which they have been investing right back into tourism advertising. They'd rather spend that money on commercials in Ohio and Canada than fund public safety! It sickens me.

I totally think that an outside source needs to step up and help with all of the missing persons cases here! It's become an epidemic here and needs a remedy – that's for sure!

I feel that the local LE needs to suck up its pride and ask for help when help is surely needed. It makes no sense not to at this point!

Criminal investigation into MB chamber-related donations continues

Violent crimes bolster Myrtle Beach's 'Most Dangerous Places' rank

Crime rate in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina (SC): murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, auto thefts, arson, law enforcement employees, police officers, crime map

I always thought that DR and quite a few others were a certain sensational tabloid blogger creating things to report on, IMO ?

Someone here yesterday seemed to know exactly what happened (not a VI) and it was quickly deleted. It seemed odd to me. We really do need to be careful what we say because IMO the perps and perps friends are lurking.

Oldest Trick In The Book:Courtesy of Geico
Trick number one.
Lookest over there.”...............haha..“Madest thou look.”

Made me think about this commercial and I could not resist, it cracks me up every time I see it

What day is it? Hey, Mitch1, what day is it? :floorlaugh:

Sorry needed to laugh.

It will be helpful if we could get ahold of the probable cause statements for the arrests.

Do we have a reporter posting or lurking that could request that for us?

Please! If there is one we need your help!

I think I was basically asking that, NO?

We need guidance from the mods about discussing the SM posts involved with the arrests. IMO, it should be up for discussion since it caused the two arrests.

Mods are discussing this.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members