SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read almost all of the HE threads, and I have not seen the other two boat landings that are near PTL brought up much. There is another newer and bigger and nicer boat landing right after you turn onto Peachtree Road. I have seen plenty of shady-looking characters of all ages meeting up there. It is a huge hookup spot. There is also Enterprise Landing, which is a little south and on the other side of the waterway. Again, Enterprise is a popular hangout spot for locals, especially teenagers and sketchy looking people who are there at all hours fishing. I do not disbelieve that HE went to meet SM at either PTL or the other landing on Peachtree Road, but I also do not disbelieve that she could have run into some other dangerous person. Or people.
Are you referring to the one on Chamberlin Rd.?

I don't know where Chamberlin Rd. is. There are two boat landings on Peachtree Road, and Enterprise Landing is at the end of Enterprise Rd., past Waccatee Zoo.

But there are multiple articles being written about this case every few days, and it's already been 6 weeks. Yes, they are slow about getting information out, but I don't see the case being ignored. It's probably getting more coverage than most missing young adults do.

Why not stop the case from getting any attention if they are worried about tourism? Have a complete blackout on it. With LE not saying a word, it wouldn't be hard to do. There have been articles about the harassment claims, what's going on in SM, etc. It seems to me that the local media does want to cover the case more, but doesn't have enough information or the resources.

I think that's the problem though... it's not necessarily the news outlets that don't want the info out there, it's the city itself. If LE keeps info from being released, the media can't report on it because there's not much to report (as we already know that investigative journalism is practically dead).

Think about it. Burroughs & Chapin donates a large chunk of change to the city. The city happens to write LE's pay check. Burroughs & Chapin practically owns EVERYTHING in Myrtle Beach... hotels, land, Broadway at the Beach, you name it. So if tourism suffers, so do their businesses. And that means less money for the city & its employees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowyowl, do you remember where you read that? As far as I've found, Heather didn't attend school at CCU. She did attend college previously at HGTC, and more recently online through Ashworth College. Her father said she started taking online classes in an interview posted online. Heather herself posted on her FB that she attends Ashworth. Ashworth is an online college.

https://www.facebook.com/heatherachellelvis

go to http://twtrland.com
sign in w/your twitter account
enter @HeatherElvis and get their profile
you'll see all tweets,pictures,who she had convos with,etc
lots to look around an investigate there-a few choice tidbits-
that's where it said CCU came up often in her convos,etc

@HeatherElvis ▲Moonchild▼
Followers (581) »
On Twitter since Fri, 29 Jul 2011
22% of ▲Moonchild▼'s tweets are replies. This means 1 replies a week, mostly to @m******* (36) and @k******* (33).
(if you look at the most replies @m******* seems to have a pic of her w/someone who looks like heather)..
profile reveals a lot of CCU talk & pic of person looking like Heather holding a clipboard w/sorority initials in the picture

also her 66 days post was only RT by 1 person...
66 days
rt by
K***
@e*********
32 followers PRIVATE ACCT
2013-11-06 02:41:35 (RT on)

you can literally spend days looking thru this. I had posted that link about a week ago also. Even breaks down who her followers are,where located,male or female,etc.....
real easy to see who talked to whom,most RT,and then taking it further you check @m******* ,etc
really very interesting in piecing together all the details of a persons online twitter. I use it myself to avoid trolls,etc on my Twitter since I have quite a large amount of followers (top 1% of all Twitter users who aren't celebrities)......

If there has been any criticism of TE, I would imagine it came from the article published yesterday. I completely understand his frustration, but threatening people just won't help. I don't believe he purposefully lied in any interview. :twocents:

Terry Elvis, father of Heather Elvis, is mentioned in three of the reports – twice as an “other entity” and once as a “suspect.”

In one report, a witness said Terry Elvis photographed the Moorer home and made threats.

The report also states he placed missing persons posters on a sign indicating a nearby driveway is private.

Two other reports said Elvis has been driving by Moorer’s house on several occasions. Elvis couldn’t be reached for comment either.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_9e6c8c96-8cec-11e3-ab97-001a4bcf6878.html

Curious that none of the three reports TE is mentioned in have resulted in charges being brought against him.
I think anyone can make any claim and file a report. What happens after that would be up to LE to determine. JMO

I don't know where Chamberlin Rd. is. There are two boat landings on Peachtree Road, and Enterprise Landing is at the end of Enterprise Rd., past Waccatee Zoo.

I guess you were never at Enterprise landing because Chamberlin is right next to it. 950 feet

I guess you were never at Enterprise landing because Chamberlin is right next to it. 950 feet

Chamberlin must be the road that bears to the left? Also, TE lives off Enterprise Rd. And yep, I have been to Enterprise dozens of times every year for the past 15 years. Smells like a litterbox from all the stray cats people feed there.

Dang, my family and I used to vacation in MB every year for about 6 years, and I bet none of them has any idea regarding the crime and/or missing persons, and would gladly go back today... Almost casts our trips in a dark light, particularly the time my mom and 8 year-old me left our hotel on an errand without telling my stepdad, and when we came back he was frantic. He said, "I thought I had lost you." Back then that didn't equate to anything more than picking your lost pet up at a pound. :( Feel like the next thing I read is going to be about how my beloved Pavilion is a hub for human trafficking.

This case feels so frustratingly close, yet simultaneously nowhere near, being solved.

Heather's case is widely known, because she has a representative in her father. Not sure if the families of the other missing people are not as vocal, or as organized, or as willing to be out there as he is. Only the families can keep a missing person in the news...they cannot count on LE to do it, as each LE agency has their own methods and most like to keep everything top secret. It has to be close to impossible and heartbreaking for families who do not have a built-in spokesperson to take charge as TE has. JMO

Feel like the next thing I read is going to be about how my beloved Pavilion is a hub for human trafficking.

The Pavilion closed in 2006. :(

Welcome Aint Bee

:welcome:

If you hit the quote button, you can respond directly to posters by quoting them. :)

Feel like the next thing I read is going to be about how my beloved Pavilion is a hub for human trafficking.

I miss the Pavilion so so so much! & Burroughs and Chapin took it down to put up a zip line after the land sat empty for years and years? :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:(

I suspected as much, but didn't look too closely at the google results. No human trafficking (there), on the bright side..

Dang, my family and I used to vacation in MB every year for about 6 years, and I bet none of them has any idea regarding the crime and/or missing persons, and would gladly go back today... Almost casts our trips in a dark light, particularly the time my mom and 8 year-old me left our hotel on an errand without telling my stepdad, and when we came back he was frantic. He said, "I thought I had lost you." Back then that didn't equate to anything more than picking your lost pet up at a pound. :( Feel like the next thing I read is going to be about how my beloved Pavilion is a hub for human trafficking.

This case feels so frustratingly close, yet simultaneously nowhere near, being solved.

:(

I suspected as much, but didn't look too closely at the google results. No human trafficking (there), on the bright side..

I would not rule out sex trafficking here. I have heard for years about Asian women brought here to be in the sex trade. I also wonder about the safety of young women who come here on J1 visas: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/06/18/3544373/international-students-seek-housing.html

I would not rule out sex trafficking here. I have heard for years about Asian women brought here to be in the sex trade. I also wonder about the safety of young women who come here on J1 visas: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/06/18/3544373/international-students-seek-housing.html

Yeah, I edited in the (there) because thanks to WS, I know better than to claim any location is "free" of human trafficking, particularly tourist heavy areas. I guess I was just poking fun at myself.

go to http://twtrland.com
sign in w/your twitter account
enter @HeatherElvis and get their profile
you'll see all tweets,pictures,who she had convos with,etc
lots to look around an investigate there-a few choice tidbits-
that's where it said CCU came up often in her convos,etc

@HeatherElvis ▲Moonchild▼
Followers (581) »
On Twitter since Fri, 29 Jul 2011
22% of ▲Moonchild▼'s tweets are replies. This means 1 replies a week, mostly to @m******* (36) and @k******* (33).
(if you look at the most replies @m******* seems to have a pic of her w/someone who looks like heather)..
profile reveals a lot of CCU talk & pic of person looking like Heather holding a clipboard w/sorority initials in the picture

also her 66 days post was only RT by 1 person...
66 days
rt by
K***
@e*********
32 followers PRIVATE ACCT
2013-11-06 02:41:35 (RT on)

you can literally spend days looking thru this. I had posted that link about a week ago also. Even breaks down who her followers are,where located,male or female,etc.....
real easy to see who talked to whom,most RT,and then taking it further you check @m******* ,etc
really very interesting in piecing together all the details of a persons online twitter. I use it myself to avoid trolls,etc on my Twitter since I have quite a large amount of followers (top 1% of all Twitter users who aren't celebrities)......

Thank you Snowyowl, but what I'm saying is that Heather is with Ashworth while some of her friends attend CCU.

Thank you Snowyowl, but what I'm saying is that Heather is with Ashworth while some of her friends attend CCU.

understood,that's why I asked about CCU-She may be w/Ashworth but if a majority of friends are from CCU & they exchange tweets & RT it goes without saying that Heather was in that social circle. If in that social circle & correspond with them MOST (on Twitter) then it seems likely they'd be in touch & following up. The 2 ppl she had the most convos still say how they miss heather & they have nightmares.
It would seem to me that the ppl she'd associate the most on Twitter might have hung around or were aware of gossip/rumors in that circle. So they might have ideas or may have heard something. Just saying....:twocents:
I don't do Farcebook & never will ,so I have no idea what goes on in that 3 ring circus-nor do I care. I'm utilizing what I know best-Twitter. :moo:

Also can't sleep. Thinking of Heather's family and how they get any sleep. Something MUST break soon......

Also can't sleep. Thinking of Heather's family and how they get any sleep. Something MUST break soon......

Agree. Heather needs to come home. Somebody needs to answer for her disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member