SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A POI isn't necessarily a suspect, either. There's a case here where the POI is an unknown person who was driving by a particular location when an assault happened. The police are interested in talking to that person, obviously, but the person isn't even involved. But they are using the term person of interest.

A POI isn't necessarily a suspect, either. There's a case here where the POI is an unknown person who was driving by a particular location when an assault happened. The police are interested in talking to that person, obviously, but the person isn't even involved. But they are using the term person of interest.

This is typically how I think of a POI. Someone who may have information but isn't believed to be involved.

I'm not certain that LE releases names of official suspects too often.
For example in this case if you asked someone hearing the news in MB they may say oh yeah there is a POI in this case, but we all know there has been no official declaration of a POI in this case.
People throw around the word suspect and POI because at times it seems obvious but LE IMO doesn't typically come out and officially declare suspects and POIs prior to arrests.
There are exceptions of course. It is just my opinion that it is rare that they do.
I don't remember exactly when LE officially declared Scott Peterson a suspect. I remember them keeping a tight lid on things while they worked with his gf Amber.
JMO

Scott Peterson was a PoI two months before he was arrested and Drew was for way to long. Don't get me started on Drew. That hits way too close to home, for me.

I'm thinking that it is possible that the 3:41 phone call was to the room mate and that HE told her she was going out. That is possibly why TE is saying that is the time of her disappearance. He said that they think HE went back out in the early morning hours. If that phone call was from OM they would not know what the conversation was about but if it was with the room mate she might have told TE that they had that conversation.
Phone activity at the 6:00 hour does not mean it was Heather in control of her phone.

Well, the bottom line here is that we don't have an official POI or a Suspect. So... we can let that go and move on.

Salem

I'm thinking that it is possible that the 3:41 phone call was to the room mate and that HE told her she was going out. That is possibly why TE is saying that is the time of her disappearance. He said that they think HE went back out in the early morning hours. If that phone call was from OM they would not know what the conversation was about but if it was with the room mate she might have told TE that they had that conversation.
Phone activity at the 6:00 hour does not mean it was Heather in control of her phone.

I agree, I think that was the last time her voice was heard from a identifiable witness (BW). I guess it wouldn't be a stretch to say there was multiple phone calls between BW and HE with the possibility that there were other calls made/or received during the time of the first and last calls between the two....does that make sense? LOL

Actually I'm fairly certain that it does have to do with illegals and also with those who may worry their tip could implicate them. There have also been numerous complaints that calling LE they're forced to leave a message for a call back and never get one.

As far as anonymous emails, those are as traceable as anything else. With LE resources they can track the ip address and even if it turns out to be a public computer there are came ras everywhere plus a lot of places with public computers ask you to provide id.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Where is the information coming from that you are "certain that it does have to do with illegals?" I was just stating my opinion, but if you have facts to suggest otherwise, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

I wonder if any of the search warrants issued were to get OnStar records of vehicle movements on the morning of December 18th. I think Heather's car is too old to have it, but maybe others cars are equipped with it.. Is anyone aware how long these records are preserved? Would be interesting to know. TIA.

Yesterday, someone posted about a case in NY where a 13-year-old girl named Kelly Ann Tinyes was murdered by her neighbor. He was arrested and convicted, but the two families remained on the same street for 20 years. Although the circumstances of the case are different, I can see the Elvis case playing out very similar to the Tinyes case in what happened after the murder. There were constantly calls to LE b/c of incidents on the street; this went on for years. Some comments say that the Golubs (their son was the one arrested) would say nasty things to the Tinyes family. Some claim the Golubs accused Kelly Ann's father of killing her. The Tinyes believe that their other son was involved, so that's part of the reason why there was still so much resentment. There are pictures of the families during the trial where they are screaming at each other. The Tinyes family even has a website where they refer to people in LE/DA as being "two-faced." They even sued the family of their daughter's killer but the lawsuit was thrown out. It reminded me a lot of how this case is playing out, and that there will probably be major issues between the families for years. I can also see the courtroom getting extremely heated.

Mrs. Golub, who wept throughout the interview and trembled as she lighted a succession of cigarettes, said her neighbors regularly followed her on foot and in cars. She said up to a dozen people gathered nightly to wait for the couple to come home, then peppered them with obscenities. Twice, she said, she has almost been run off the road.

''Once I was getting out of the car to go to the house, and I got so upset, and I stumbled,'' she said. ''And they said, 'Go ahead, trip, you *****.' Another time, they were shouting, saying that I was a pig, that I didn't belong there, and that my younger son was going to chop me up.''

The Golubs said they have not been disturbed at work. But in the last two months, a pellet has been fired through one of the Golubs' windows, a firecracker has been set off in their backyard and garbage has been strewn on their front lawn. The police said they do not know who is responsible.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/04/30/nyregion/encircled-by-hate-a-suspect-s-family.html

I think TE has the 3:41 in his head. I don't think he has any special reason for repeating that, other than it may be the last time he saw an actual call on the bill. I will go with LE on this one.

In TE's interview last night, he appeared to be using allot of control and was very careful in how he worded things. He seems to be a person of great character and ethics. I am looking forward to Tuesday interview. Hopefully there will be some answers and revelations.

I'm thinking that it is possible that the 3:41 phone call was to the room mate and that HE told her she was going out. That is possibly why TE is saying that is the time of her disappearance. He said that they think HE went back out in the early morning hours.

Thank you for this idea. It could also explain why, in last night's interview, TE alluded to phone conversations taking place before this time, about which the details have not been released but are "damaging."

Wonder if she straight up said to BW, "I'm going to meet X person and talk this out right now."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In TE's interview last night, he appeared to be using allot of control and was very careful in how he worded things. He seems to be a person of great character and ethics. I am looking forward to Tuesday interview. Hopefully there will be some answers and revelations.

He does tend to stir the pot to keep the followers in an uproar...just my take on things. Maybe that is the way to go these days, who knows. Missing people aren't being found very many other ways.

The victim and the victim's family did not ask to be in this situation. They were thrust into this horror by pure & unadulterated evil. Please remember that they are speaking/acting through a haze of sleepness and nightmare filled nights and days of pain. I appreciate the tight controls on Websleuths. It would be too easy for the perp to try to use this venue as a way to taunt & harass the family.

Heather is still missing how can we help find her? Thoughts?

Do we have a good map where we can pinpoint what areas have been searched? I mean I'm sure LE does but maybe if we can make one up, that will help with us non local/visual people like me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone please let me know the name of the apartment complex that Heather resided in?

Here are some things TE said about Heather during his interview on blog radio that I would like to share if it is o.k.

* Heather is an extremely talented artist. She has always been able to draw, sketch and paint.

* She is a little shy when it comes to her singing voice. But HE and her sister can sing beautifully.

* She is a one friend type of person. When she makes a friend she makes them for life. If anything happens and they go their seperate ways, she looks for a new best friend.

* She is not a crowd person and she never has been.

* She loves her family, friends, and church.

* She is not perfect, none of us were at 20.

* TE accepts Heather, regardless of what anyone says. He accepts all his children. We all have shortcomings.

Peter Hyatt made a good comment here that is very true IMO. He said: We all have shortcomings at 19 or 20 even 40 and 50. But we are not having them exposed to the world.

IMO and all that :)

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/peterhyatt/2014/02/09/-with-peter-hyatt

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads