SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not expecting anything new from this interview, but of course I will watch. It just seems like a news teaser about an interview that was announced 4 or 5ish days ago??? If TE had new info. he would have found an avenue or used FB to get it out right? Wouldn't he have given the info. last night on the radio show if it was important? He has said, he talks to LE everyday & I doubt LE said, "we will have something new next Tues." right? I don't get the advanced notice, so I'm not hopeful of new information andI pray I am very wrong.

Gosh, I hope so!

What?? I hope there aren't 22,000 on the run....:scared: :scared:

Your article was really interesting whether that was a typo or not, because that guy lived off Socastee Blvd, which is only several miles from PTL. The article doesn't give the suspect's address, just the road he lived on.

In the last 50 seconds of that interview TE says something close to 'I have a clock running on every electronic device I have and that clocks starts at 3:41am Dec 18th and I watch the seconds tick away...'
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/peterhyatt/2014/02/09/-with-peter-hyatt

Snipped by me: Maybe he is going to answer tomorrow, why he believes that???

I do not believe that LE felt a crime had been committed, and yet did not take the car.

Do you think just TE did? If so, I agree he did based on him saying at 20 mins he knew it wasn't a walk away. Based on this, in his mind, he knew something was wrong, so I wonder why he would drive the car....

What?? I hope there aren't 22,000 on the run....:scared: :scared:

Your article was really interesting whether that was a typo or not, because that guy lived on Socastee Blvd, which is only several miles from PTL. The article doesn't give the suspect's address, just the road he lived on.

Meant I hope it is a typo. Yes, the Socastee Blvd caught my eye. Wonder if he was in town when Amber was murdered.

A bit off topic, but US Marshalls are in Myrtle Beach for this evil person. To my friends in South Carolina, please be careful while this guy is loose.

http://www.kpho.com/story/24480045/...s-violent-offender-also-wanted-by-us-marshals

Not off topic at all, EmmaRose, imo..

<sniped from the linked article>

Seven years ago, police say he entered a 14-year-old girl's bedroom and sexually assaulted her. The police report states that he took off the girl's clothes while she was sleeping, bit her on her thighs, kissed and fondled her, and offered to buy her a computer if she didn't tell.

Leogragario was never arrested for that incident. He became one of more than 22,000 people in the system on the run in Horry County, but police believe he's back -- and authorities are enlisting help:

"The U.S. Marshals Task Force - we are able to use them because they have some tools that our warrants division would not normally have," said Sgt. Jeff Benton with HCSO.

Not off topic at all, EmmaRose, imo..

<sniped from the linked article>

Seven years ago, police say he entered a 14-year-old girl's bedroom and sexually assaulted her. The police report states that he took off the girl's clothes while she was sleeping, bit her on her thighs, kissed and fondled her, and offered to buy her a computer if she didn't tell.

Leogragario was never arrested for that incident. He became one of more than 22,000 people in the system on the run in Horry County, but police believe he's back -- and authorities are enlisting help:

"The U.S. Marshals Task Force - we are able to use them because they have some tools that our warrants division would not normally have," said Sgt. Jeff Benton with HCSO.

I'm glad the Marshalls are down there. Long needed. Besides the article, I wonder if the community was warned in any other ways by LE itself. That's something people need to know. This man is super violent. If only, if only he had been incarcerated for the first offense...

I do not believe that LE felt a crime had been committed, and yet did not take the car.

even though they may have felt a crime wasn't committed, as a father going by his gut instincts I'd then turn around and say I refuse to move it. Tow it away cuz it's blocking the ramp and then it would at least be under police custody. Since it's a tourist town I'm sure they must have impoundment facilities? :twocents:

Treelights
Originally Posted by Snowyowl View Post
IIRC Heather apparently left her license on the seat?? So maybe if going out to meet someone you'd throw your real drivers license on the seat in cse you get pulled over? Meanwhile you'd have your purse,phone on you? Maybe PTL could have been used as a meeting place considering how her car was parked there?

Hi ya Snowyowl. I haven't read any MSM articles about her driver's license being left on the seat.
Can you provide a link, or is this a rumor/speculation that is brought up on occasion?
IMOO.

That was the original exojane article made by TE which has since been "updated". There have been a lot of interesting things stated in there.
THankfully,I knew I wasn't going crazy when someone from a few threads back posted some of it again. I've since learned to make copies of things ;):banghead:

Thanks for answering my question from the last thread. :)
I thought I read the original xojane article, but perhaps I didn't? I don't remember reading about the driver's license on the seat.
I wish articles would remain the same, and if there's an update, then update without relinquishing, ya know. Yes, I understand the need to make copies, because articles do change, and words, sentences, and paragraphs get omitted.
IMOO.

I don't understand why if he knew after 20 mins, he drove her car home. I always felt he knew before driving it and glad it's been confirmed, as he said he was at PTL for around an hour. Why on earth would he drive it and why would LE let him? The car is now tampered with.
I've never understood why the car was moved at that point in time, especially if you had no idea what was going on and you didn't get her on the phone, why would you take her transportation away? TE has stated from day one that he was immediately alarmed when the officer came to his door and asked him if he was missing one of his cars. I thought I heard that he knew the officer personally and road out to the landing with him but I cannot verify that he knew him. TE also says in this interview that mistakes have been made and by this I wonder if he is referring to moving the car, I've wondered this since the beginning because I think he is tortured by many of the details of this case and the lack of a crime scene probably is pretty high on his list.

even though they may have felt a crime wasn't committed, as a father going by his gut instincts I'd then turn around and say I refuse to move it. Tow it away cuz it's blocking the ramp and then it would at least be under police custody. Since it's a tourist town I'm sure they must have impoundment facilities? :twocents:

I agree. If it were me, I'd stay with her car, without touching it, and have the officer wait until I reached my daughter by phone. When I didn't succeed in connecting with her, I would have insisted the car be processed by LE.

I can understand if TE felt something was wrong and was not focusing on a prosecution case at that time & just reeling in his mind "something is wrong". I certainly do not see any fault whatsoever and I don't think anyone I trust does as he is not LE and regardless what is done is done. The car must have been processed shortly thereafter day(s) and even though it may have been driven home (not sure about this or the gloves) it may pose a defense lawyer challenge, but maybe not such a huge challenge IF so and so was previously in the car anyway. I would be interested in what problems pertaining to this case could happen, because the car was not secured? I can see defense challenges, but not a total loss, am I wrong?

Thanks for answering my question from the last thread. :)
I thought I read the original xojane article, but perhaps I didn't? I don't remember reading about the driver's license on the seat.
I wish articles would remain the same, and if there's an update, then update without relinquishing, ya know. Yes, I understand the need to make copies, because articles do change, and words, sentences, and paragraphs get omitted.
IMOO.

YVW-that was the first article I'd ever read concerning this case (also my first case) 2 things immediately jumped out at me-driving the car home and the license on the seat.
I identify with HEather since I was basically her height & size,altho not as pretty!Whenever I'd drive I'd have my license on my console because ladies outfits usually NEVER have pockets. Or if they do they're so small things often fall out of them. Never in my purse cuz it would tend to get buried with junk!
Changing articles is part of changing times & learning to adjust to change is always humbling. I often wonder if most people don't notice the "holes"? Or if some of these innocuos details might also be used to convict someone??

I can understand if TE felt something was wrong and was not focusing on a prosecution case at that time & just reeling in his mind "something is wrong". I certainly do not see any fault whatsoever and I don't think anyone I trust does as he is not LE and regardless what is done is done. The car must have been processed shortly thereafter day(s) and even though it may have been driven home (not sure about this or the gloves) it may pose a defense lawyer challenge, but maybe not such a huge challenge IF so and so was previously in the car anyway. I would be interested in what problems pertaining to this case could happen, because the car was not secured? I can see defense challenges, but not a total loss, am I wrong?

Yes, Dee no disrespect for Mr E intended. He is courage under fire in my book. He is doing an amazing job in spite of the crisis he has been navigating through. It just reminds me to be kind when I see how people hurt each other.

Any evidence found could easily be argued that it was placed there, tampered with etc. I can't see any of it ever entering a courtroom. Him driving the car alone with cause it to be thrown out. Then you add in the harassment reports from the Moorer's (even if they end up not being charged) that began right after HE went missing. Harassment reports don't equal charges or arrests and don't need to be proven, they are reports. Then you have a family friend of TE who was arrested for obstruction of justice and another one and that friendship is questionable, same charge. This would all be brought up by the defense IF HE was found to be harmed. He stated to knowing at the scene that something was wrong and that according to the police report he knew she was talking to him the night she went missing until 6am, which was her last call. According to him, according to the phone records. This is why I am certain that any recent law school graduate could get the car evidence, if there is any, tossed. IMO, either LE had to think she was fine or I am really at a loss of words for their letting him drive it home.

Yes, Dee no disrespect for Mr E intended. He is courage under fire in my book. He is doing an amazing job in spite of the crisis he has been navigating through. It just reminds me to be kind when I see how people hurt each other.

Oh, I didn't mean you or anyone in particular. Just thinking in general if you have no training, this is coming 'out of the blue' it's your daughter & your mind is spinning... Since the car doesn't seem to be the crime scene, I think it will be fine if this case sees a resolution, which we all hope it does of course. :blowkiss:

You are not wrong in my opinion. I do not find anyone at fault for moving the car. What I am trying to do is piece together what could TE and the officer have seen or heard or presumed after being at the landing for 20 minutes. From the very beginning we've heard TE drove the car home with gloves on, is this true? where did he get the gloves? I think if TE wore gloves to drive the car home he got them from the officer. And I wonder what brought both TE and the officer to decide to take the car home? So then I imagine, after an hour at the landing these two men have assessed the car has been left there and whatever has happened it means TE is going to go get HE where ever she has gone. So then I wonder how did the two men wrap it up after an hour at the landing? I think possibly, maybe, TE had made calls, he's gotten some info and he's making more calls and he's still waiting for HE to call him back and the officer has also made some calls and compiles the info and the officer leaves to run down some of the clues, like the receipts in the car for one, and TE takes the car home. But what I'm really trying to figure out is what were the clues the two saw, felt, smelled, heard that got these two men go into action in 20 minutes. I'd just like to add that I' not stuck on 20 minutes being an actual 20 minutes but more as a proportion as in, we were there about an hour-we figured it out in 20 minutes then spent 40 minutes what we were doing next.

Thread # 15 for Heather... :sigh:

I hope she is found before this thread is filled up...

:praying:

I agree. If it were me, I'd stay with her car, without touching it, and have the officer wait until I reached my daughter by phone. When I didn't succeed in connecting with her, I would have insisted the car be processed by LE.

Especially since it was dark when TE went with the officer to go out to see the car. There is no doubt about that.

Oh, I didn't mean you or anyone in particular. Just thinking in general if you have no training, this is coming 'out of the blue' it's your daughter & your mind is spinning... Since the car doesn't seem to be the crime scene, I think it will be fine if this case sees a resolution, which we all hope it does of course. :blowkiss:
I agree Dee. I don't think there was damming evidence in that car anyway and I know not for one minute did TE think he was not going to see his daughter again anytime soon. Also I think TE drove the car home and then looked into HE's cell phone records online, he probably got BW's phone number that way and that's when he knew what time HE was one the phone on the 18th and when the last time she used her phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isla_lei