SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MSM is using his name. From what I have read, LE hasn't mentioned his name in public, have they? I guess LE could of course tell them to stop. I don't think the problem with his safety lies with MSM using his name, but that is MOO. Whether his name was ever mentioned in MSM, he would be in the same position he is in right now in regards to his "safety," IMO.

Not exactly considering this:

"Investigators would not elaborate on the nature of thediscussions between Elvis and Moorer.

They did say Elvis and Moorer exchanged commuications between 2 and 6
a.m., mostly through private messaging, but investigators wouldn’t say what those dis-
cussions entailed either."

Wasn't this the first time it was said by LE, exchanges between 2 & 6?

Can you link the MSM article? I don't remember reading this. Thanks.

It was in the original article myhorrynews did with the police chief. In the updated article that one line has been removed, unless I missed it. I just read the original article today, though, and it was stated that they don't think it was related to other cases. Can't find the original now.

It was the 2/6 article I think. Anyone bookmark or save it?

I really thought Terry was talking about Law Enforcement Officers.........

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/peterhyatt/2014/02/09/-with-peter-hyatt

Regarding that quote about growing up with them, etc. I thought he was referring to LE too. I can't imagine him saying sexual offenders are a great group of people...yes, I'm sure there are exceptions where one or two might be, but as a group? I don't think so.

I found it Bamcaan ^^^ Post #819. ETA the one from today that is lol.

I really thought Terry was talking about Law Enforcement Officers.........

Maybe.... That would make a lot more sense. Because I really didn't understand it the way I heard it. Thanks.

It was sex offenders he was talking about. Around the 22 minute mark he was asked about Sex Offenders/violent offenders. He said most of them he either went to school, grew up with, worked for or worked with or knows. "They are an excellent group of people. They make mistakes." So, this is why I said, that an RSO wouldn't necessarily wouldn't be random as he says he knows most of them.

Okay, in my opinion, It was Law Enforcement that Terry was talking about NOT sex offenders as I listened to it and transcribed the following, and Note that yes Peter asks about sex offenders and violent criminals but Terry talks about what Law Enforcement has done, and that Terry knows Law Enforcement:

at the 22 minute 19 second mark in the audio recording:
Peter asks:
" Has the usual round up of things been done that the sex offenders in the area, the known violent criminals in the area, has due diligence been done about that?"
around the 22 minute 30 second mark in the audio recording:
Terry remarks:
"I do think so. The law Enforcement here, um, most of them I either grew up with or know or have done work for or work with um, they are a, an excellent group of people. They're human just like the rest of us and they make mistakes, um, as Heather's father if you ask me if they've done their job, as her father, I'll say no because I don't know where my daughter's at. "

Not exactly considering this:

"Investigators would not elaborate on the nature of thediscussions between Elvis and Moorer.

They did say Elvis and Moorer exchanged commuications between 2 and 6
a.m., mostly through private messaging, but investigators wouldn’t say what those dis-
cussions entailed either."

Wasn't this the first time it was said by LE, exchanges between 2 & 6?

None of that is in quotes, so that was all added by Michael Smith. They may have mentioned him earlier on, I really can't recall every single thing I have read, but I feel like every time I read something with his name, it is done by a journalist.

It was in the original article myhorrynews did with the police chief. In the updated article that one line has been removed, unless I missed it. I just read the original article today, though, and it was stated that they don't think it was related to other cases. Can't find the original now.

It was the 2/6 article I think. Anyone bookmark or save it?

http://www.myhorrynews.com/eedition_carolina_forest_chronicle/page_c2b78f06-0980-5338-bcc9-a408e4f6eb99.html#page_a3

It's the last sentence under the first part titled "Where is Heather Elvis?".

Thank you.
I couldn't cut and paste from the online edition of the newspaper, so have written out the pertinent points that I feel are new or elaborate more on what we already know.......

------------------------------------------------

Police don't know exactly what happened to Heather Elvis. but they don't believe her disappearance is a random act.

Rhodes said investigators are much further along in the investigation......."We fell like we have a good opportunity to solve this case", she said. "We have a few theories. It is not at a standstill."

......Investigators don't think human trafficking is tied to Elvis' disappearance. They also don't think she ran away. Also don't believe Elvis' disappearance is connected to any other case.

Through the warrants, Police have searched Elvis' social media accounts including private messages accessible only by password. the contents of those messages have not been released. Police have also searched homes and private properties, but Rhodes declined to specify where, citing the ongoing investigation.
"We don't have anything we can share publically. We're still working on it diligently.

Elvis and Moorer exchanged communications between 2 and 6am, mostly through private messaging, but wouldn't say what those discussions entailed.

They also mention that receipts found in Heather's car dated 17th December weren't important. Receipts were from Kangaroo and McDonalds on the afternoon before she disappeared.

I am not finding this article on line, to read all of it...does anyone have a working link?

You'd have to sleuth to know when someone did or did not work at TK, right?
If no MSM or LE link I will just consider that rumor and keep the possibility open.

Exactly.If no proof is provided it should be considered rumor.

Has anyone seen the article today that is mentioned at the end of the 2/7 article with police chief interview?

"Read more about this developing story in the Feb. 13 editions of the Carolina Forest Chronicle and Horry Independent and the Feb. 14 edition of the Myrtle Beach Herald."

Okay, in my opinion, It was Law Enforcement that Terry was talking about NOT sex offenders as I listened to it and transcribed the following, and Note that yes Peter asks about sex offenders and violent criminals but Terry talks about what Law Enforcement has done, and that Terry knows Law Enforcement:

at the 22 minute 19 second mark in the audio recording:
Peter asks:
" Has the usual round up of things been done that the sex offenders in the area, the known violent criminals in the area, has due diligence been done about that?"
around the 22 minute 30 second mark in the audio recording:
Terry remarks:
"I do think so. The law Enforcement here, um, most of them I either grew up with or know or have done work for or work with um, they are a, an excellent group of people. They're human just like the rest of us and they make mistakes, um, as Heather's father if you ask me if they've done their job, as her father, I'll say no because I don't know where my daughter's at. "

Mine must cut out because I have listened to it five times. I never hear him say the word LE. Oh, and, thank you for writing this. Based on the question and answer, the word LE changes the entire sentences and meaning.

I'm new here, but I've been following the Heather Elvis case (and threads related to her) since shortly after she went missing. As I've been reading through all the posts, I keep thinking a sort of "master post" that compiled information (relevant quotes with links) from LE, MSM and TE interviews would be extremely helpful. There are so many posts asking for a link to a specific quote or recalling something that was reported without remembering where or when.

It's something I'd be interested in doing in an effort to cut down on confusion regarding what we know and what's been said. But as I said, I'm new, so I have two questions: Is this allowed and does anyone else think this would be helpful?

I'm new here, but I've been following the Heather Elvis case (and threads related to her) since shortly after she went missing. As I've been reading through all the posts, I keep thinking a sort of "master post" that compiled information (relevant quotes with links) from LE, MSM and TE interviews would be extremely helpful. There are so many posts asking for a link to a specific quote or recalling something that was reported without remembering where or when.

It's something I'd be interested in doing in an effort to cut down on confusion regarding what we know and what's been said. But as I said, I'm new, so I have two questions: Is this allowed and does anyone else think this would be helpful?

It is allowed and would be most helpful. Especially if we could "sticky" it to the first page of each thread once it is completed.

ETA: Where are my manners? Welcome!!

:welcome6:

That is such a generous offer! I know I don't have the time (or talent) to do such a thing but I believe a timeline has been hinted at. There is also something called "stickies" where important case information can be found, but after all this time, I really don't know what that's about. A mod would definitely help you out with how to go about it if you reach out to one. Imamaze is the "main mod" on here and Salem helps out as well. I think they'd be thrilled with your offer.

Thanks for joining us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member