SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome!

I think your idea is great and bad at the same time.

I made a similar suggestion shortly after I joined WS.

It would be wonderful to have a fact sheet and a list of all the collective info we have BUT, wouldn't it be quite helpful to the perp as well? S(he) is still out there, no?

So, as much as I'd love to see something like that, it'd be just like handing a "cheat sheet" directly to the perp, IMO.

I realize that all of the info can still be found on these pages so, why make it any easier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gonna work on a cursory one for myself (following all of this is dizzying sometimes!), and I'll find out from the mod(s) if he/she/they think(s) it's appropriate to post or not. Thanks for your input!

The only way I can fall asleep at night is to an episode of Forensic Files or The First 48. I've done that for years now. :countsheep:

Me too! My husband and I always sleep w/ the tv on. I keep it on Forensic Files or ID TV. If by chance my husband changes the station during the night, it wakes me up. Some how those true life mysteries just lull me to sleep.

Me too! My husband and I always sleep w/ the tv on. I keep it on Forensic Files or ID TV. If by chance my husband changes the station during the night, it wakes me up. Some how those true life mysteries just lull me to sleep.

Where can I find Forensic Files?? I've searched On Demand and can't seem to find it....is it available "not live?"

I'm new here, but I've been following the Heather Elvis case (and threads related to her) since shortly after she went missing. As I've been reading through all the posts, I keep thinking a sort of "master post" that compiled information (relevant quotes with links) from LE, MSM and TE interviews would be extremely helpful. There are so many posts asking for a link to a specific quote or recalling something that was reported without remembering where or when.

It's something I'd be interested in doing in an effort to cut down on confusion regarding what we know and what's been said. But as I said, I'm new, so I have two questions: Is this allowed and does anyone else think this would be helpful?

Pannwright, welcome to the Websleuths family..

This may be a helpful thread for you;

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229912&highlight=Heather+Elvis

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing Forum Discussion > Missing! Timeline Forum and Media links
SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 *Media Links, Timelines, Maps*

OT...I am so not a romantic...I thought VD was tomorrow. My husband thought I was hinting because I bought a slice of slice of strawberry cream cake yesterday, as I have been sick and was trying to tempt myself, lol.

OT...I am so not a romantic...I thought VD was tomorrow. My husband thought I was hinting because I bought a slice of slice of strawberry cream cake yesterday, as I have been sick and was trying to tempt myself, lol.

I hear ya!! haha Hope you feel better.

OT
Me 2. Even though the cases can be quite sad, it really has taught me so much about a lot of things.

One of the most important lessons that took me a long time to grasp is some people are truly plain evil and have no remorse or conciounce for harming or killing others. Some of the perps dont care or feel like normal people do. It took me a long time to learn and accept that.

Luckily it is a rare individual like that but just learning and knowing how they do exist "out there" is so helpful and important.

During some of the cases and some live murder trial coverages, my significant other always tries to find out the "why" did someone do that horrible act to the other person. Trying to figure out what the other person may have done to trigger or cause it. I have come to learn an important lesson that the perp can be just plain evil and the victim may have done absolutely nothing to warrant what happened to them.

I like most all the shows like that so long as they are true documentary type shows.

Another similar show I really like is "locked up abroad". It is very interesting and scary. Some of the prisons overseas are incredible compared to the USA prisons.

Oh crap. I knew it was right around the corner but didnt realize it is today. :floorlaugh:

I did buy some chocolate the other day and we ate the whole box already....LOL

Thanks for reminding me everyone. At least I can mention it to my significant other and make it look like I finally remembered. :)

What is most curious about true evil people is that they do not seem to realize that it would be better for them to at least feign some compassion.

Oh my hell. You know you're just jealous. ;) (Totally kidding....I think it's hilarious when idiots who post such things think that).

My husband and I are very low-key on Valentine's Day. We did exchange cards. I said Happy VDay on FaceBook from both of us to my family and friends. It's not like I'm going to pretend we're actually going to have sex tonight.

:please:

Possibly, but I think there is evidence in those cases, where here there isn't much that I know, IMO. I am not saying that I think she walked away. I just am not ruling it out. I am not ruling anything out.

I had to google what a US Marshall was...(lol) get so confused reading about different types of LE... This article is from mid January but my question is...are these groups joining together to form a special task force standard in the US for a missing person?

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24415527/find-heather-elvis-efforts-continue-this-weekend

"Horry County Police formed a special task force with the Horry County Sheriff's Office, Myrtle Beach Police, SLED, US Marshal Task Force, 15th Circuit Solicitor's Office and the Drug Enforcement Unit to find Elvis."

My husband and I are very low-key on Valentine's Day. We did exchange cards. I said Happy VDay on FaceBook from both of us to my family and friends. It's not like I'm going to pretend we're actually going to have sex tonight.

:please:
First time I've laughed all day, hilarious.

I had to google what a US Marshall was...(lol) get so confused reading about different types of LE... This article is from mid January but my question is...are these groups joining together to form a special task force standard in the US for a missing person?

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24415527/find-heather-elvis-efforts-continue-this-weekend

"Horry County Police formed a special task force with the Horry County Sheriff's Office, Myrtle Beach Police, SLED, US Marshal Task Force, 15th Circuit Solicitor's Office and the Drug Enforcement Unit to find Elvis."

More or less...sometimes Secret service helps out, sometimes even Homeland Security. Any agency can offer help in their area of expertise.

Thank you Clu, I had thought it was an interesting combination- been slowly trying to catch up on how the process of finding Heather is going. I still haven't changed my mind about what has happened in the last couple of weeks since i was last able to post even after, still believe it is suicide related to OMM. So sad its on thread 15.

Just saw this....Earthquake M 4.4 in South Carolina just a few minutes ago.
*Halfway between Charlotte and Atlanta*

Any locals feel this?

It is not standard for the US Marshals to be involved in a missing persons case if it were to be say the case as we know it and possible SM. TE has said that he has a lot of friends in LE, so it is my wonder if this is a favor for a friend, a help to the Dept, or if the case is way beyond what any of us think. Same goes for the DEA and FBI. All three have a typically list of guidelines they follow where the would normally follow before getting involved. So, it is not standard that on every case they would be involved and it's not necessarily that the guidelines were met before stepping in. They could be doing it as a favor to the family, to the dept, or because the case is bigger than we expect. Jmo.

Hopefully, LE will catch the culprit/culprits because she/he/they spiral out of control and sooner than later. I am reminded of BTK who just couldn't stay out of the public eye. And, how he alternated between civic enthusiast, church deacon and sadistic serial killer. Even if this case is personal, I would not be surprised if the criminal shares the same evil characteristics of BTK. (Control issues, sadism, narcisism, hedonism or over inflated ego and a false sense of reality.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha