SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to find a case where the FBI, DEA, and USM were involved. It was for another "missing" person...Well...sorta:

All the other cases I find have to do with drugs...

Thanks for looking. I appreciate you being a part of this discussion. I will look as well.

Are the same resources devoted to Zach and Amber's cases? I don't follow them as closely. I have never seen USMarshals, FBI and DEA on a case with the details we know. I had my friend in the FBI and his wife who works for another government agency read the articles on this case. They both said the same thing, either this is being done as a favor to the family, to someone in the dept or this is bigger than expected. For HE to go missing and if it is SM as many have made it seem, it isn't standard to have all these resources. People go missing everyday and this is not typical to assemble task forces like this. So, when I see a list, I think it would be odd not to read into it. I can't name one missing person who had the DEA, FBI and USM on the task force, that was missing after 6 weeks. I am being honest and giving my opinion.
It probably depends on how much push and media coverage the family garners for their missing person. There was a task force for Dylan Redwine that had Marshals, FBI, Police, Coloado Bureau of Investigation as well as the Sheriff's office.

Kevin Torres is a reporter, BTW
https://www.facebook.com/ReporterKevinTorres/posts/10151249960678954

"The Task Force is comprised of members from the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office, the Durango Police Department, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI). The Bayfield Marshal’s Office is also working with the Task Force."

ETA: Some states just HAVE a task force in place for whenever needed:
http://www.wsp.wa.gov/crime/mectf.htm

I think the reason why many cases have a large number of LE is due to searches. LE organizes a search, and then they have 100+ trained professional officers looking. Since Heather's case has not had a major search organized by LE, it explains why the total LE working it is relatively small compared to other high-profile cases.

Just saw this....Earthquake M 4.4 in South Carolina just a few minutes ago.
*Halfway between Charlotte and Atlanta*

Any locals feel this?

I'm over by Lake Murray. Things in the curio were vibrating and our windows were rattling.

I'm new here, but I've been following the Heather Elvis case (and threads related to her) since shortly after she went missing. As I've been reading through all the posts, I keep thinking a sort of "master post" that compiled information (relevant quotes with links) from LE, MSM and TE interviews would be extremely helpful. There are so many posts asking for a link to a specific quote or recalling something that was reported without remembering where or when.

It's something I'd be interested in doing in an effort to cut down on confusion regarding what we know and what's been said. But as I said, I'm new, so I have two questions: Is this allowed and does anyone else think this would be helpful?
Some of that ends up in the Maps, Media and Timelines Thread. You can put any posts with all that information in there if you have some. In some cases, there ends up separate threads for Maps, Media links, and timelines. Also, you can always pitch to a mod that you think it is time for this case to get it's own separate thread for media links.

Trying to cut down confusion is always a good idea. I will say, however, that it doesn't always stop the questions, because some people don't know where to look, sometimes a search for something doesn't turn it up, and sometimes people just don't look. But at least in the only maps, media and/or timelines, it's a smaller area to search for a link.

“So have no fear of them, for nothing is covered that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known.

In the spirit of Late Night, and where I am it is Late Night.

Top Ten reasons why we want Heather found.
(With the presumption she is deceased)
10. So we can stop debating where she is.
9. a COD can possibly be determined.
8. A Suspect(s) may finally be named.
7. We would have new information to sleuth.
6. Perp(s) would get very nervous and possibly slip up.
5. Perp(s) would have the wind knocked out of their sail.
4. An arrest would hopefully be made.
3. Lady Justice may finally make an appearance.
2. To bring the community just a tiny bit of peace.
1. To bring Heather's family just a tiny bit peace.

From the article http://www.myhorrynews.com/eedition...8f06-0980-5338-bcc9-a408e4f6eb99.html#page_a3

Did I miss anything?

LE doesn’t believe she walked/ran away
LE doesn’t believe this is connect to any other case
LE doesn’t believe this was “a random act.”
LE doesn’t believe this case is related to sex trafficking.
No cause for her disappearance has been totally ruled out.

So they don't BELIEVE anything on your list, but they can't totally rule anything out. Way for LE to CYA....

Tonight is another full moon and really wish it would lead our moonchild home.

Some of that ends up in the Maps, Media and Timelines Thread. You can put any posts with all that information in there if you have some. In some cases, there ends up separate threads for Maps, Media links, and timelines. Also, you can always pitch to a mod that you think it is time for this case to get it's own separate thread for media links.

Trying to cut down confusion is always a good idea. I will say, however, that it doesn't always stop the questions, because some people don't know where to look, sometimes a search for something doesn't turn it up, and sometimes people just don't look. But at least in the only maps, media and/or timelines, it's a smaller area to search for a link.

Thanks! I think this case does have its own media thread (unless I'm not understanding how that works). A mod already directed me there and said if I do compile a post, to put it there. There's a pretty fantastic timeline already there that I missed. (As you said, people don't always know where to look; the location of everything on this website is still pretty new to me.)

I mostly noticed the need when people would have questions about what has been said (because of new information) and what would follow was a bunch of vague memories until someone finally unearthed a relevant quote and link.

I've started working on something anyway, but I'm not sure if it will end up actually being all that helpful. I've been obsessed with this case ever since I first heard about it (when my MIL from Georgia shared it on FB), mostly because I feel like HE could be my little sister or someone I went to school with; I'm a bit older, but I have a lot in common with her. With HE still missing and the worst being more and more likely, I really want answers for her family. Since I'm focusing on the case so much, I figure I might as well do something useful with my time.

My husband and I are very low-key on Valentine's Day. We did exchange cards. I said Happy VDay on FaceBook from both of us to my family and friends. It's not like I'm going to pretend we're actually going to have sex tonight.

:please:

Paris, this comment just won the internet. I almost choked on my beverage!!! :floorlaugh: Seriously, the best and most relevant comment about Valentine's Day ever spoken about married couples. :loveyou:

Are the same resources devoted to Zach and Amber's cases? I don't follow them as closely. I have never seen USMarshals, FBI and DEA on a case with the details we know. I had my friend in the FBI and his wife who works for another government agency read the articles on this case. They both said the same thing, either this is being done as a favor to the family, to someone in the dept or this is bigger than expected.

I personally feel the larger task force is due to so many missing people/unsolved cases in the area.

Even if LE has no reason to believe the cases are related, the exposure they've been given (they being the unsolved cases) since Heather's disappearance has likely created a certain amount of pressure on LE to solve the case (especially after the panic that set in and began to spread like wildfire when the other two ladies were reported missing for that brief period of time.)

My guess is that LE probably requested assistance from these resources/agencies to relieve some of the pressure on their department, to ensure the investigation is conducted thoroughly and diligently and they cover allllll of their bases, and to reassure the community they are taking these cases seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw this....Earthquake M 4.4 in South Carolina just a few minutes ago.
*Halfway between Charlotte and Atlanta*

Any locals feel this?

Boyfriend and I paused Netflix to ask, ".. did you feel that?" but concluded that no no, must've been the apartment neighbor's ill-packed washing machine. (Athens, GA.) Not sure what this region has been up to lately..

Boyfriend and I paused Netflix to ask, ".. did you feel that?" but concluded that no no, must've been the apartment neighbor's ill-packed washing machine. (Athens, GA.) Not sure what this region has been up to lately..

I know! Ice storms and earthquakes in SC? Is this real life?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's definitely not out of the question, however the decomposition process is not quick and produces gasses and expansion. That could result in a malfunctioning septic system rather quickly and lead to discovery of the remains. JMHO

It is not standard for the US Marshals to be involved in a missing persons case if it were to be say the case as we know it and possible SM. TE has said that he has a lot of friends in LE, so it is my wonder if this is a favor for a friend, a help to the Dept, or if the case is way beyond what any of us think. Same goes for the DEA and FBI. All three have a typically list of guidelines they follow where the would normally follow before getting involved. So, it is not standard that on every case they would be involved and it's not necessarily that the guidelines were met before stepping in. They could be doing it as a favor to the family, to the dept, or because the case is bigger than we expect. Jmo.

or maybe because governor got involved?

Paris, this comment just won the internet. I almost choked on my beverage!!! :floorlaugh: Seriously, the best and most relevant comment about Valentine's Day ever spoken about married couples. :loveyou:

I was in a long checkout line at the store w/hubby getting milk,etc. We were surrounded by ppl w/flowers,chocolate,etc & hubby turns to me & says in a loud voice-"Good thing I know better than to waste money on this stuff-You'd KILL me" Everone in line snickered...Marriage has its perks-sometimes ;)

Does anyone here think SM was really intending on leaving his wife for HE, as he told her the wee hours of that morning? I don't believe that at all.
If he lied regarding his intentions about leaving his wife, then I ask why? Why that morning, a month after ending the fling/affair, would he decide to lay this LIE on Heather?
To use as an emotional ploy to get HE to meet him to "talk" because her date with another younger man, her co-worker, got him jealous or enraged?

If she left to meet SM and another person, a stranger nabbed her, then I'd say that is some bad luck. I'm not sure sure I believe in bad luck or coincidences in situations like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knoop