SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
or maybe because governor got involved?

This is what the governor said:

“I have been in contact with the family,” Haley said. “I have been in contact with [South Carolina Law Enforcement Division] during the entire investigation, as well as with the police department here on the ground. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family, and we’re going to do everything we can to help this family find their daughter.”

“We try and avoid direct contact because there are so many missing people in South Carolina,” Haley said. “This family, in particular, raised quite a few concerns and needed some extra attention, and so we did finally get to talk to them and make sure that their concerns were put to rest. We did everything we can to help them so they feel confident through this process.”

She made the statement when the local media questioned her at an event, after the family and their supporters had been trying to get a response for a week or two. I feel like if she was the one who got all the agencies involved, it would be more publicized. She is running for re-relection in November. I remember some of us thought the "needed some extra attention" was kinda snarky.

A lot depends on what Heather said to BW...I thought she said Heather said...that he "had left" as opposed to "is leaving". If he convinced Heather he had already left her, she might well be tempted, especially if the reason they broke is because he was married. But she still might be upset, if it was totally out of the blue.

Also, LE does not always make an arrest after finding a body. It can depend on location and more. No arrests yet in Hailey Dunn's murder, though LE had named a POI long before. Also, there were what many thought of as POI's in murders of Katelyn Markham and Dylan Redwine, yet no arrests, with bodies found last year. Finding Heather is essential, IMO, and we can only hope they have enough otherwise.

JMO

Yes, that is one reason that's been discussed as to why she would be upset. Another is that even though this may have been something have thought she wanted to hear, when it actually came, it completely took her off balance because she was trying to start over.

Also, another possible reason for her to be upset was that although she wanted to be with him, she might have been extremely fearful of his OMW.

Also, it may have been something she heard before, many times, that never panned out and she could been upset, and pissed, that it was coming up now, just as she was getting home from a date. Maybe she sensed he was stalking her(?)

Many more possibilities...

True....kinda like, "he has to stop yanking me around like this!"

OT, have a show on now about the murder of Sherri Dally, in the 90's...made me think of Heather, though not quite the same scenario as may have happened to her. But Sherri's husband was having an affair, and she confronted the "other woman" several times, one time leading to a physical altercation. Soon after, husband and other woman plotted to kill Sherri and the female took the lead in accomplishing the task. Sherri was killed with an ax...:(
The woman posed a cop, wore a wig,,etc. and tricked Sherri to get into her car.

Anyway...just a point on how horribly wrong a love triangle can go.

OT, have a show on now about the murder of Sherri Dally, in the 90's...made me think of Heather, though not quite the same scenario as may have happened to her. But Sherri's husband was having an affair, and she confronted the "other woman" several times, one time leading to a physical altercation. Soon after, husband and other woman plotted to kill Sherri and the female took the lead in accomplishing the task. Sherri was killed with an ax...:(

I have this on, too! :)

I think what doesn't fit is that HE was upset about it. But, I guess if she didn't want to hear that, she would maybe be upset?
Possibly she was upset because she was torn about it? I mean, she's a young girl and he's older and most likely more cunning. Maybe she thought in her mind she was being toyed with but her emotions still felt good about him?
It's hard to say what all was being said with the back and forth calls.
Also back and forth calls (plural) make it sound as if there was some agitation.
I imagine one or two calls of some length if there was pleasant and agreeable conversation happening, but the way its been reported, makes it seem like a call is made, a hang up, a call again, another hang up, a call again...ie 'back and forth calls'.
add that to the "she was upset" comment from the roommate, and it sounds like the situation became contentious with HE and SM.

Again, it'll be interesting to see this all play out, hopefully it will get a chance to do that. I'd hate to see this turn cold.

Yes, that is one reason that's been discussed as to why she would be upset. Another is that even though this may have been something have thought she wanted to hear, when it actually came, it completely took her off balance because she was trying to start over.

Also, another possible reason for her to be upset was that although she wanted to be with him, she might have been extremely fearful of his OMW.

Also, it may have been something she heard before, many times, that never panned out and she could have been upset, and pissed, that it was coming up now, just as she was getting home from a date. Maybe she sensed he was stalking her(?)

OMW certainly is angry as you all have read, but imo a bit of a loose cannon to be involved. Then again, people never cease to surprise me in these cases.

You thinking this could be the middle age version of David Graham and Diane Zamora?

Interesting to ponder.

Also, it may have been something she heard before, many times, that never panned out and she could have been upset, and pissed, that it was coming up now, just as she was getting home from a date. Maybe she sensed he was stalking her(?)

BBM.

I think that's the most likely scenario, speaking from experience. I'm not proud of it, but I was somewhat of the "other woman" once. I casually dated this guy who had just gotten out of a very long term relationship (9 years). Our relationship was kept secret because he was still in contact with his ex and didn't want to hurt her. Eventually, we parted ways and they got back together. We remained friends and we had one "encounter" when he was back with his longterm gf. After that, there were no more romantic encounters, BUT every time I'd go on a date or begin seeing someone new, this guy would go CRAZY. He'd call and text and act like I was his property and I had no right to move on with my life when he was going home to his girlfriend every night. We worked together and it got to the point where I had to leave my job and cut all ties with him because he was suffocating me. He knew where I lived and I'd see him drive by every now and again. Hindsight is 20/20 because who knows what he was actually capable of. It's terrifying to think about now. But, I honestly 100% think HE died at the hands of SM.

ETA: this guy will tell me all kinds of BS about how unhappy he was in his relationship and how he only wanted to be with me, but it's not that easy to let go of a decade long relationship, yadda yadda blah blah blah. If that were the case, he would've stayed separated from her. For some reason, he was just obsessed with me and would tell me whatever necessary to keep me from seeing other people, even though he and I weren't dating. It was truly, truly bizarre and frightening.

BBM.

I think that's the most likely scenario, speaking from experience. I'm not proud of it, but I was somewhat of the "other woman" once. I casually dated this guy who had just gotten out of a very long term relationship (9 years). Our relationship was kept secret because he was still in contact with his ex and didn't want to hurt her. Eventually, we parted ways and they got back together. We remained friends and we had one "encounter" when he was back with his longterm gf. After that, there were no more romantic encounters, BUT every time I'd go on a date or begin seeing someone new, this guy would go CRAZY. He'd call and text and act like I was his property and I had no right to move on with my life when he was going home to his girlfriend every night. We worked together and it got to the point where I had to leave my job and cut all ties with him because he was suffocating me. He knew where I lived and I'd see him drive by every now and again. Hindsight is 20/20 because who knows what he was actually capable of. It's terrifying to think about now. But, I honestly 100% think HE died at the hands of SM.

Wow, you're lucky to be here this is very controlling behavior and dangerous. I have a friend of a friend this happened to as well.
She dated a married man, and he became obsessive and didn't want her going out with other men even though he had a wife and kids he never planned on leaving. My friend would have to walk outside their apt complex and see if he was lurking around, and report back to her friend that was having the affair that the "coast was clear", in order for her to leave to go on a date with another man or just a friend. He used to follow her and stalk her apt complex.

Crazy stuff we get into when we're young.

IIRC TE said in one of his interviews that the cell phone calls were VERY DAMAGING.

A friend stopped by this week who owns property off highway 544. He said officials with the HE case are searching this weekend in the woods behind the Moorer house. My friend didn't realize it until the officials told him, but the back of his property abuts the woods behind the Moorers. He says it is really dense back there, and right now extremely muddy.

This is good. I just wish there would be other searches up 544 towards Conway too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM.

ETA: this guy will tell me all kinds of BS about how unhappy he was in his relationship and how he only wanted to be with me, but it's not that easy to let go of a decade long relationship, yadda yadda blah blah blah. If that were the case, he would've stayed separated from her. For some reason, he was just obsessed with me and would tell me whatever necessary to keep me from seeing other people, even though he and I weren't dating. It was truly, truly bizarre and frightening.

Very interesting. Thank you for sharing.

ot
yes! read about that case and saw it covered on a show on ID channel.

IIRC TE said in one of his interviews that the cell phone calls were VERY DAMAGING.

Must be based on pings? Not sure how they can know what was said. If Heather told BW, and BW told LE, would it be hearsay?

JMO

Not that I believe this but maybe SM did intend to leave his wife and the OMW found out. Maybe SM told his wife about his plans to leave or was funneling $ to Heather. Maybe SM and HE went to tell OMW together to confront her. Had HE ever been to the Moorer home?

How was HE going to reconcile the affair with herself? HE was making lots of changes in her life at this time. Are these things that SM and HE had discussed as stepping stones to them "being together"? Its possible that HE did think that SM would choose her over OMW. At 20 she was the more attractive, vivacious, and youthful of the two women. SM wants to remain young and HE feeds his ego and needs. OR Was SM encouraging her to take these steps to further her from him so he could continue to get away with seeing her on the side? I can see him manipulating her for his needs only and she would have probably jumped through hoops for him.

[modsnip]

I have a hard time relating to HE because she is all over the place. I was probably a lot like her in my youth but I still do not understand my own youthful spirit or why I gravitated aimlessly in self destructive behaviors.

This case is confusing for me. Everything we know or can talk about (which isn't much, imo) does seem to point in one direction but something is missing for me, I can not pinpoint it. I hope finding Heather will happen soon. She may hold so many answers. I do not think SM is very smart and I do not think that SM can get away with disappearing Heather.

I don't like to speculate with so few facts (for one because I'm always wrong) but I stick around following because I want Heather found so she can be properly laid to rest and her family can have closure. It hurts me to think of Heather being out there alone in the elements in a place where her soul can not rest, find your way home Heather!

JMO

Must be based on pings? Not sure how they can know what was said. If Heather told BW, and BW told LE, would it be hearsay?

No, that is direct evidence because BM can testify that she directly heard HE say it. BM could not testify that someone told her HE said it, that would be hearsay.
This is my understanding of the hearsay rule. Maybe another WS'er can clear it up for us if I'm wrong.

I am thinking maybe he DID leave his wife...at least for the night, and was out on his own and decided to track down Heather. That would make more sense than all of that phone activity from home, with wife there. Maybe he was hoping ti spend the night at her place, but she said no, only agreeing to meet elsewhere.

I am thinking maybe he DID leave his wife...at least for the night, and was out on his own and decided to track down Heather. That would make more sense than all of that phone activity from home, with wife there. Maybe he was hoping ti spend the night at her place, but she said no, only agreeing to meet elsewhere.

Or maybe SM said not at her house since OMW knows where HE lives and he didn't want his car to be seen there if she got suspicious and decided to drive around? I'm assuming SM works some third shift hours, so maybe he was working that evening, or had just finished, and OMW didn't know about any of the communication between them until after the fact. Just seems like she's so involved, if not the driving force behind it, though. Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi8773