SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like there is some physical evidence in this case.

"SLED agents allowed News13 to visit part of the crime lab on Monday, February 10, and Lab Director Major Todd Hughey explained how the processing, analysis, and evaluation of evidence transpired.

"We have over 100 scientists, technicians, and support staff, collectively, that can bring resources to bear on a particular case," said Maj. Hughey. "Forensic science is not an 8:30 to 5:00 job. We work nights, weekends, holidays, whatever is necessary to get the job done."

Hughey acknowledged that sometimes cases are moved ahead of others, through a laboratory prioritization process, or as a favor to prosecutors and investigators.

"It's a continual process," said Hughey.

He did acknowledge that recently the crime lab prioritized evidence pertinent to the Heather Elvis disappearance case in Horry County."

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24684193/...tewide?clienttype=generic&smartdevicecgbypass

This is a bit reassuring...thanks for posting it. I hope whatever the evidence is leads to either finding Heather or an arrest (ideally both!)

Hey Everybody - please calm down. Disparaging the OMM is not allowed. If you don't believe the reports, that's fine. Say so and move on, but don't make jokes or bash the people involved.

Also - is there a link stating that OMM is a contractor? I haven't seen that published anywhere.

Salem

If it was worthy of going to the hospital, why go all the way to Grand Strand from there? There's at least 2 other hospitals before you get to GS.

Grand Strand Hospital is on the corner of 82nd Avenue/HWY 17 Bypass N in Myrtle Beach... as in 7 blocks down the road. The event I'm speaking of is the one that occurred in the 7500 block of North Kings Highway in Myrtle Beach... not Georgetown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7515 is the address on the PR, which is TGIF. Their web page lists their hours as 11:00 am to 1:00 am. Does TGIF shorten their hours of operation this time of year?

If they were actually open until 1:00, it's probable that at 1:30 there would still be staff/management on premises doing clean-up chores. If so, there could be someone else able to verify what was reported.

Still leaves open the question of why he was there at 1:30 am. Working? Waiting for someone to get off work? Closed the place down and was on his way to his vehicle?

Wonder if he actually has keys to TGIF as an overnight contractor, etc., or if perhaps someone still there let him in and then locked the door behind him?

Thanks for the info ... I didn't have the exact address info at the time of my post... just the block. I had no idea they stayed open that late!

I find it very hard to believe that TWICE some one pointed a gun at this man and missed.. if some one was honestly following him and pointing guns at him, i doubt he would be able to escape twice. IMO...

SM has to know there would cameras around this time, IMO...can he be so naive to think there aren't? I sure hope one catches him and whoever else was around. Maybe both are true, neither, or just one. I do not think LE can do much to verify the first reported event. But surely this time...maybe he will be charged with filing a false report. Or someone else identified and charged for threatening behavior. Either could possibly advance the case somehow.

I did not take much comfort in the new report about evidence being moved up to priority. I think it probably consists of any items picked up by searchers that have to be examined, Heather's computers, etc...since she has not been found, a fingerprint on a soda can, i.e does not mean much, since it was not found near a body.

JMO

Thanks for the info ... I didn't have the exact address info at the time of my post... just the block. I had no idea they stayed open that late!

Depends if the intent is to terrorize, or actually kill/injure. Killing him, if they (alleged assailants) believe he is guilty, removes much of the chance of finding Heather, IMO.

If it were me, after the last gun incident, if true, I would have went straight home & had a few stiff drinks.. Unless of course, I needed a script for my conscience/anxiety..

Imo, someone may be building a case for a civil lawsuit/s for mental anguish, defamation of character, loss of business revenue, etc. Imo, this also may be a premature attempt to show cause for a change of venue and as a possible defense strategy. Just in case there is a future arrest based on circumstantial evidence in HE's disappearance..

Hey Everybody - please calm down. Disparaging the OMM is not allowed. If you don't believe the reports, that's fine. Say so and move on, but don't make jokes or bash the people involved.

Also - is there a link stating that OMM is a contractor? I haven't seen that published anywhere.

Salem

There is but not in MSM, that I know of.

Heather's Twitter refers to SM as "doing work" at TK, I believe...jmo.

No, please NOT waiting for someone to get off work.

That's what I was thinking but was not going to say it ....:Don't think that would be it though since he admitted that's where he was when the alleged incident happened- he's already been busted at "this" once IYKWIM
:scared:

"In the Myrtle Beach report, Moorer said he was in a parking lot in the 7500 block of North Kings Highway when two white males in a truck pulled up beside him and pointed what appeared to be a shotgun at him"

Appeared to be a shotgun?? You can identify exactly what type of gun fires at you while it is behind you traveling 60 or so mph but you cannot identify what type of object is pointing directly at you-but you can describe how tall a suspect "stands" while he is seated and can give good descriptions of both suspects yet cannot say for certain it was a shotgun.
Aye Yi Yi

You,SharetheLight have nailed it..perfectly! :floorlaugh:

I suppose it's plausible that someone could very well be keeping an eye on his activities. Maybe to intimidate or perhaps hoping that he will give away a secret that might help bring someone home to her family.

It is also just as plausible, IMO, that this person is suffering from paranoia. Whether guilty or not, he certainly was involved with HE and seems to have had documented phone contact with her just prior to when she disappeared. Did he "disappear" her? Or did he contribute to circumstances in which she would not have been in were it not for his involvement with her? Either way, he could be cracking from the pressure of the secrets he may hold.

These are JMO.

My deep gut feeling is that he may not be the actual perpetrator of this crime( if there was a crime involving HE)but his past behavior may have pushed SOMEONE" over the edge who may have committed a crime against her- he may or may not have some involvement in the aftermath . IYKWIM - been my feeling since early on !!!

My deep gut feeling is that he may not be the actual perpetrator of this crime( if there was a crime involving HE)but his past behavior may have pushed SOMEONE" over the edge who may have committed a crime against her- he may or may not have some involvement in the aftermath . IYKWIM - been my feeling since early on !!!

I agree with you as I still can't figure what HIS motive might be in causing harm as the sole participant..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18