SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's remember Alice Donovan~abducted from Wal*Mart in Conway Nov. 14, 2002. Monica Caison and crew spent years looking for her. Alice's remains were recovered from a wooded area near Watertower Road and Long Bay Road in Horry County. That's in close proximity of River Oaks. Makes me sick thinking about it.

I mentioned Alice Donovan on the other thread last night. The search for her was relentless and took years. Monica Caison is a hero to do what she does.

Was this SOP in any of the other local Missing cases? Amber Berbiglia's investigation for example?

IMO, if it is, it isn't working .... You would think at least one person out of all those missing people would have been found. Unfortunately, no resolution in any. So frustrating. And scary. Maybe if one case were solved, it would solve them all. Something's gotta give.

..... Last seen on 501 in Marion County. Is this the same 501 as in Heather's case? If so, does anyone know the approximate distance between the two?

It's the same 501 & I'd say its roughly 40-50 miles from MB to the city of Marion... It takes between 45-60 mins to get there from here depending on how fast you're driving. It's an easy drive & a straight shot.

But if she is missing from Aynor... that's a small town at the far west of Horry County & pretty close to the halfway point btw MB & Marion.... so Aynor would be roughly 20-30 miles east of Marion.

It's the same 501 & I'd say its roughly 40-50 miles from MB to the city of Marion... It takes between 45-60 mins to get there from here depending on how fast you're driving. It's an easy drive & a straight shot.

But if she is missing from Aynor... that's a small town at the far west of Horry County & pretty close to the halfway point btw MB & Marion.... so Aynor would be roughly 20-30 miles east of Marion.

Thank you! Trying to make sense of all of this from afar. When I visited MB, we kinda stayed all along the coast and not west. Went as far south as Murrell's inlet IIRC.

Yeah not many visitors head inland too much because there's really just not much to do out that way... just these small lil towns out in the middle of nowhere. But you're welcome... of course... for any questions I can answer for those of you that aren't familiar w/ the area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just took the virtual car ride around River Oaks, courtesy of AshleyZ86,it gave me a sense of how there are some long lonely stretches out Heather's way. All I could think of when I saw her condo is that I was wishing she were safe inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyHawkke View Post
Let's remember Alice Donovan~abducted from Wal*Mart in Conway Nov. 14, 2002. Monica Caison and crew spent years looking for her. Alice's remains were recovered from a wooded area near Watertower Road and Long Bay Road in Horry County. That's in close proximity of River Oaks. Makes me sick thinking about it.

Originally Posted by Beba
I mentioned Alice Donovan on the other thread last night. The search for her was relentless and took years. Monica Caison is a hero to do what she does.

Yes, she is Beba. I don't think Monica Caison, ever sleeps. You can call day or night, and she will answer her phone. Her victims become her sons and daughters and their families, hers. Many of the CUE searchers are the families of previous and current search victims.
Yesterday, on this thread we were discussing perps monitoring their crimes via the internet and in the news.
Six years ago, I read a readers digest article about Monica which included her contact info. I was having difficulty with local/state LE accepting info & evidence that I had located concerning a local serial killer. Frustrated with investigators, and impressed by what I read about her, I gave her a call to ask why LE was ignoring the info.

At first she seemed very skeptical of me. I perceived the skepticism and asked her why. She said that when an inmate predator's conscience begin to bother them, they will sometimes contact her from prison. This was right after the Alice Donavan and Samantha Burns searches. An inmate, either Chadrick Fulks or Branden Basham, had contacted her from prison and sent her a map of their remains locations. Alice Donavan, was recovered, but due to a change of the landscape by recent development in the area, Samantha Burns was not.

After our very lengthy phone call and a little vetting, Monica contacted the GBI on my behalf and they contacted me the very next day. The info and evidence found pertained to serial killer; Gary Hilton, who was later convicted in three states for four innocent victims, and is now sitting on FL's death row..
The searcher; Monica Caison, is a genuine and amazing lady, imo..

http://25missingpersons.proboards.com/thread/384?page=1
Details of Disappearance - Alice Donovan Age: 44

Donovan left her home in Galivants Ferry, South Carolina on November 14, 2002, to do some Christmas shopping in Conway, South Carolina. She was last seen in the parking lot of a Wal-Mart in Conway. The security cameras in the lot show that she was kidnapped during a carjacking at 2:45 p.m. Her husband reported her missing to the next morning.

In July 2005, Chadrick Fulks and Branden Basham pleaded guilty to a federal charge of carjacking resulting in death to avoid a possible death sentence. Basham and Fulks had escaped from the Hopkins County (Ky.) Jail in November 2002. They have said that they carjacked Samantha Burns shortly thereafter and killed her, though her body has not been found. They are currently on death row for killing Alice Donovan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Brunswick County Sheriff's Office
(910) 253-2777
OR
Conway Police Department
(843) 248-1790

There's a number of questions which im hoping one of the kind locals on here can answer. They probably have nothing to do with HEs disappearance but you never know lol!!

1. Working as late as she does, did HE carry a rape/attack alarm at all?

2. How easy is it for people to move around the area where HE lived and where her car was found? Do people tend to be on the streets at all hours or is it more of a curtain twitching area where nothing goes unnoticed?

3. Thinking about where HEs car was found - would late night traffic there have alerted the locals who lived in the vicinity or was it the norm?

4. Does sound travel far around there?

5. Is the landing used regularly at this time of year? And would where HEs been parked have impeded any users of PTL? I.e access etc

6. Is there anywhere nearby to HEs home that would sell gas/petrol in the early hours of the morning?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I am still leaning toward a person she knew as being the potential perp. Nothing yet points to a random serial to me. But JMO.

Either way, I fear for the outcome and hope she is found very soon, regardless of what has happened to her. No family needs the endless pain of mystery on top of the grief of the loss of a loved one.

Yes, she is Beba. I don't think Monica Caison, ever sleeps. You can call day or night, and she will answer her phone. Her victims become her sons and daughters and their families, hers. Many of the CUE searchers are the families of previous and current search victims.
Yesterday, on this thread we were discussing perps monitoring their crimes via the internet and in the news.
Six years ago, I read a readers digest article about Monica which included her contact info. I was having difficulty with local/state LE accepting info & evidence that I had located concerning a local serial killer. Frustrated with investigators, and impressed by what I read about her, I gave her a call to ask why LE was ignoring the info.

At first she seemed very skeptical of me. I perceived the skepticism and asked her why. She said that when an inmate predator's conscience begin to bother them, they will sometimes contact her from prison. This was right after the Alice Donavan and Samantha Burns searches. An inmate, either Chadrick Fulks or Branden Basham, had contacted her from prison and sent her a map of their remains locations. Alice Donavan, was recovered, but due to a change of the landscape by recent development in the area, Samantha Burns was not.

After our very lengthy phone call and a little vetting, Monica contacted the GBI on my behalf and they contacted me the very next day. The info and evidence found pertained to serial killer; Gary Hilton, who was later convicted in three states for four innocent victims, and is now sitting on FL's death row..
The searcher; Monica Caison, is a genuine and amazing lady, imo..

http://25missingpersons.proboards.com/thread/384?page=1
Details of Disappearance - Alice Donovan Age: 44

Donovan left her home in Galivants Ferry, South Carolina on November 14, 2002, to do some Christmas shopping in Conway, South Carolina. She was last seen in the parking lot of a Wal-Mart in Conway. The security cameras in the lot show that she was kidnapped during a carjacking at 2:45 p.m. Her husband reported her missing to the next morning.

In July 2005, Chadrick Fulks and Branden Basham pleaded guilty to a federal charge of carjacking resulting in death to avoid a possible death sentence. Basham and Fulks had escaped from the Hopkins County (Ky.) Jail in November 2002. They have said that they carjacked Samantha Burns shortly thereafter and killed her, though her body has not been found. They are currently on death row for killing Alice Donovan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Brunswick County Sheriff's Office
(910) 253-2777
OR
Conway Police Department
(843) 248-1790

Monica Caisson is definitely awesome!

Just wanted to say your knowledge of various cases is impressive, as is your determination and resourcefulness in getting law enforcement to listen to you regarding Hilton. Thanks for sharing your personal experiences.

I have about 5 videos uploading right now, they'll be uploaded here.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr0yiKuypmp20jDxZZDy7qw/videos

I took videos of Coastal Grand, 501 and River Oaks.

I am bumping up AshleyZ86's you tube videos of the virtual ride thru the areas of interest. Thank you AshleyZ86. YOU ROCK!

With all the discussion about a possible serial predator in the area I suggest that ladies always carry a rape whistle. My daughter is a server at a restaurant in our small beach town and she walks to work in the summer (It's faster than driving the 5 blocks during tourist season) so I bought her a rape whistle and told her to make as much noise as possible if ever accosted. Pepper spray isn't practical around here because it's always breezy/windy.

I hope the rain holds off for today's search. Everyone be careful and let's hope today is the day that Heather is found.

wm

Is there intel leading le to concentrate on the water? Couldn't she have been kidnapped from another area and her car just dumped at Peachtree? What is leading the authorities to mainly concentrate on the area where her car was found? Is that the last place her cell pinged? Could she & some of her friends talked about going out on a boat or something? Was she with several people the night she went missing or was she only with her date bc the statement made in the beginning using the term "admit to" still really really really seems a odd thing to say. It makes it appear as if info is being held back. Aren't there any surveillance cameras near where she was last seen, as well as areas she visited when out on her date the night she went missing? If so, have they been secured?

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=988024#.UsAhBMu9KSM

CUE Center for Missing Persons spends weekend searching for Heather Elvis
by Marc Liverman
Posted: 12.28.2013 at 2:24 PM

Snipped:
Searchers with the CUE Center for Missing Persons were back on the waters of Peachtree Landing in Socastee and in the area surrounding it.

Snipped:
Caison added that searchers will be back searching the Peachtree Landing area on Sunday.

I am bumping up AshleyZ86's you tube videos of the virtual ride thru the areas of interest. Thank you AshleyZ86. YOU ROCK!

With all the discussion about a possible serial predator in the area I suggest that ladies always carry a rape whistle. My daughter is a server at a restaurant in our small beach town and she walks to work in the summer (It's faster than driving the 5 blocks during tourist season) so I bought her a rape whistle and told her to make as much noise as possible if ever accosted. Pepper spray isn't practical around here because it's always breezy/windy.

I hope the rain holds off for today's search. Everyone be careful and let's hope today is the day that Heather is found.

wm

I agree it is so important these days to be proactive. When I am walking to my car at night from the store, I have my key fob in hand in case to trip my car alarm if anyone gets too close. I also keep it bedside and if I hear any weird noises outside my house I set it off hoping to scare the pants off of whoever is out there. With all these stories nationwide about women getting pulled into vans, I definitely will go out of my way to avoid walking past them. And if one comes up to you from behind, turn around and run in opposite direction since it is harder to control a vehicle in reverse.

wm

I carry pepper gel spray. It's heavier & shoots farther. My spray also has dye in it. I also have a slimline blade my hubby bought me that looks like a mini push pen.

HI there, JerseyGirl! Foxfire's post #236 above has links to air searches. And watch AshleyZ86' youtube videos quoted in my above post if you haven't already. She takes us on a virtual drive and narrates for us. :)

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member