SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
total speculation here... do we know what Jamie Lynn Cross did for a living? Looking back, I see that Heather Elvis, Amber Berbiglia, Susan DeLuca, all worked as servers... still looking for info on the others listed...

LE is keeping this entire investigation close to the vest. I wish they would release something, the unknown is very frightening.

Was this SOP in any of the other local Missing cases? Amber Berbiglia's investigation for example?

Also, I know I've ranted enough about this, but looking at the threads on all the others, it's been said on pretty much all of them how LE here just seems so... slack, for lack of a better word.. hate to say it and sorry if I am stepping on any toes, but take a look at them yourself... there is a reason these cases are going cold

total speculation here... do we know what Jamie Lynn Cross did for a living? Looking back, I see that Heather Elvis, Amber Berbiglia, Susan DeLuca, all worked as servers... still looking for info on the others listed...

Someone on Heather's missing facebook page, posted that Jamie's phone last pinged in Florida, and that she would never leave her children willingly.

I'm sorry, but that's simply not true. The Bluffs on the Waterway are at least on division located on River Oaks that are Carolina Forest. The area is considered Carolina Forest. Carolina Forest itself is unincorporated.

ETA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Forest,_South_Carolina wikipedia lists housing developments on River Oaks as part of Carolina Forest as well as River Oaks as a road in Carolina Forest. Not trying to nitpick, but the media is also considering her missing out of Carolina Forest. I don't want people to be confused.

I agree with Ashley. I noticed several of the signs in River Oaks included "of Carolina Forest" and this master plan seems to show it extending to the intercoastal waterway:

http://carolinaforest.squarespace.com/storage/Planned%20Carolina%20Forest%20City%20Map%201998.pdf

I wasn't here for the bid at incorporating, but I know the CF Civic Assn is currently focused (and rightly so) on ways to get more leverage for the widening of Carolina Forest Blvd and completion of International Drive. If those were also big concerns at the time, I can see why River Oaks may not have been included since they aren't directly affected.

Also, I know I've ranted enough about this, but looking at the threads on all the others, it's been said on pretty much all of them how LE here just seems so... slack, for lack of a better word.. hate to say it and sorry if I am stepping on any toes, but take a look at them yourself... there is a reason these cases are going cold

I live in a family-oriented beach town that might be considered similar to MB, and we also have a situation where LE tends to downplay anything that might unnerve or drive away tourists. I think that the increasing presence of social media and the accompanying dissemination of information have been erasing any attempts to hide the crime that exists everywhere, especially places where there is a large, transient population.

LE believes that Susan Deluca's car got into the Little Pee Dee River via the boat ramp. Susan has been missing from Aynor, since April 15, 2010

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/deluca_susan.html

Can't find the link at the moment, but BD's cell phone also gave its last ping near a secluded boat ramp.

Investigator Phillip Hanna of the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office said a signal from Drexel’s cellphone was detected about 50 miles south of Myrtle Beach later that night – in a remote boat landing area near the South Santee River and roughly 8 miles from the Sunset Lodge apartments in Georgetown County where Moody had been living at the time.

Detectives revealed to FoxNews.com that Moody, a registered Level 3 sex offender, was in the Myrtle Beach area the same weekend Drexel disappeared. Capt. Joe Vella of the Myrtle Beach Police Department said Moody was issued a speeding ticket in Surfside on April 26, a day after the teenager was last seen.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/1...in-cold-case-disappearances-brittanee-drexel/

Was this SOP in any of the other local Missing cases? Amber Berbiglia's investigation for example?
It seems to be par for the course. If the national media was to get involved I do believe they'd have to show more accountability to the public. I respect that they can't compromise the investigation, it makes it very hard to feel safe in our community.
Cystal Todd was murdered in Conway, SC (part of Horry County), it was one of the most brutal murders in SC history. The police and media were much more forthcoming.

I don't think so if I'm understanding your question correctly. The aerial views don't change daily or hourly. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Not sure about this but I think that TOMNOD can do this to within a fairly short time period. I've been trying to check with them but am running into site delays.

Horry County is over 1100 miles, it's the largest county east of the Misssissipi. HCPD runs a skeleton crew if you consider the number of officers our county employs and compare that to the amount of ground they have to cover. If property taxes go up to hire more LE the taxpayers go crazy. The money has to come from somewhere and our LE, Rescue & Firemen work very hard for little pay. I for one don't mind paying more to make this a safer place to live.

ETA: Does anyone know if the Coastguard is helping with the search?

BD went missing on Ocean blvd. after leaving the Blue Water Resort which is on 20th Ave. S I believe. It appears she was walking back north to the Bar Harbor but didn't make it even 6 or 7 blocks if I recall because she failed to make it to a camera that would have caught her walking if she had made it that far.

This is all off the top of my head remembering back to that case. It's a pretty small window and location in which it happened, my opinion of course. Not sure if anything new to that has been learned but I just thought I'd mention it while thinking about if the cases are possibly connected.

It seems to be par for the course. If the national media was to get involved I do believe they'd have to show more accountability to the public. I respect that they can't compromise the investigation, it makes it very hard to feel safe in our community.
Cystal Todd was murdered in Conway, SC (part of Horry County), it was one of the most brutal murders in SC history. The police and media were much more forthcoming.

Let's remember Alice Donovan~abducted from Wal*Mart in Conway Nov. 14, 2002. Monica Caison and crew spent years looking for her. Alice's remains were recovered from a wooded area near Watertower Road and Long Bay Road in Horry County. That's in close proximity of River Oaks. Makes me sick thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member