SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are the tracks?

They run behind the businesses on Hey 501 on the same side of the road as her apartments. They run to Conway and beyond to the north and to a drawbridge just a few hundred yards to the south. The bridge is locked in the open position for boats, since the tracks are out of service at this time. I believe there are ladders to a control room on the bridge, IIRC.

Hey all. Another local here and new to WS. I don't know all the abbreviations and stuff yet, but I'll learn. I've been reading for about 3 days, but I had trouble registering.

Some general info/corrections I can make related to things I've seen posted. The subdivision where HE lived prior to moving to River Oaks was built in the early 2000's. She attended St. James High School. Had she remained at her previous address, she would've gone to a different high school.

Regarding the landing where her car was found, I know of at least two occasions where people drove right off the boat ramp and into the water. One of them was killed, the other wandered to a nearby house. (Am I supposed to cite sources on these?)

If HE wanted to go out for food in the middle of the night, her apartment is very close to the Burger King at Coastal Grand Mall and not far from the Wendy's on Hwy 17 near Myrtle Waves. Also, the Wal-Mart is a sketchy place at night, even though many of us locals go there after hours. There was a shooting there on Black Friday a few years ago.

My theory is that she was either lured out of her apartment and abducted, or abducted from a business close to her apartment. I think the car was a pure dump by someone who knew the area well enough to know of the landing.

One of my guesses on why LE and searchers have focused so much on the water is that the Waccamaw River has a number of little floating shacks moored on little backwaters all over the place. They are the local equivalent of ice fishing shacks, but with no ice (obviously). If you pull of Google Earth, there are a few of them visible not too far from the landing.

Finally, I hope LE searched the abandoned amusement park very near her apartment.
Not to nitpick but why do you say he in some your stuff then switch back to she. Is this a typo?

Kareem Ward June 2007
Zachary Malinowsky August 2013
Brittanee Drexel April 2009
Heather Elvis Dec. 2013
Jamie Lynn Cross Dec. 2013
Johnnie Lamar Brown August 2012

I'm missing one name, maybe someone else can add it.

One thing I forgot to mention is this:

Pure speculation here, but since the car was askew and facing the water, I wonder if someone tried to tie off the wheel and block the accelerator to send the car into the water, but they didn't know how to do it properly and the car was left as it was found. Had it worked, the car may not have been found for a while.

PS: How do I find the scanner thread?

Not to nitpick but why do you say he in some your stuff then switch back to she. Is this a typo?

A lot of people are using HE, Heather's initials, and it has confused me a few times, making me think about it each time I see it :doh:

The later it gets, the slower I get, lol :)

Sorry. Don't know how to turn it. I'm heading to the hospital so.I won't be able to figure out what's going on with my videos until tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388292328235.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388292328235.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 300
Hey all. Another local here and new to WS. I don't know all the abbreviations and stuff yet, but I'll learn. I've been reading for about 3 days, but I had trouble registering.

Some general info/corrections I can make related to things I've seen posted. The subdivision where HE lived prior to moving to River Oaks was built in the early 2000's. She attended St. James High School. Had she remained at her previous address, she would've gone to a different high school.

Regarding the landing where her car was found, I know of at least two occasions where people drove right off the boat ramp and into the water. One of them was killed, the other wandered to a nearby house. (Am I supposed to cite sources on these?)

If HE wanted to go out for food in the middle of the night, her apartment is very close to the Burger King at Coastal Grand Mall and not far from the Wendy's on Hwy 17 near Myrtle Waves. Also, the Wal-Mart is a sketchy place at night, even though many of us locals go there after hours. There was a shooting there on Black Friday a few years ago.

My theory is that she was either lured out of her apartment and abducted, or abducted from a business close to her apartment. I think the car was a pure dump by someone who knew the area well enough to know of the landing.

One of my guesses on why LE and searchers have focused so much on the water is that the Waccamaw River has a number of little floating shacks moored on little backwaters all over the place. They are the local equivalent of ice fishing shacks, but with no ice (obviously). If you pull of Google Earth, there are a few of them visible not too far from the landing.

Finally, I hope LE searched the abandoned amusement park very near her apartment.

Welcome DMiller70!! Your input is very interesting. Thanks!

I'm missing one name, maybe someone else can add it.

I think someone mentioned a woman, about 40 y.o. IIRC, on the first thread...maybe from a few months ago(?).

I will go back and look tomorrow if no one else comes up with it.

Kareem Ward June 2007
Heather Elvis Dec. 2013

Welcome DMiller70!! Your input is very interesting. Thanks!

There is this video that mentions Brandon Graves: High-profile missing person cases in Horry County - YouTube

Websleuth's thread here: SC SC - Brandon Graves, 24, Myrtle Beach, 30 Jan 2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Kareem Ward June 2007
Heather Elvis Dec. 2013

Missing a big one:

Crystal Soles Jan. 2005

Lol, now I feel like an idiot

Please don't. I was wondering the same thing at first. It's easier to use her initials or abbreviate. I learned here what "MSM" is, it stands for main stream media. LOL This is a very friendly group of people and I'm grateful everyone is so willing to put open their eyes and their hearts to help strangers. HE is part of our community therefore part of our family but I'm simply amazed at the kindness shown from those outside of our county. Thanks to everyone.

I think someone mentioned a woman, about 40 y.o. IIRC, on the first thread...maybe from a few months ago(?).

I will go back and look tomorrow if no one else comes up with it.

Susan DeLuca,45, Aynor SC

Missing a big one:

Crystal Soles Jan. 2005

Thanks! She was from Andrews, SC which neighbors Horry County. She was one of the first females to go missing that I remember in this area.

Please don't. I was wondering the same thing at first. It's easier to use her initials or abbreviate. I learned here what "MSM" is, it stands for main stream media. LOL This is a very friendly group of people and I'm grateful everyone is so willing to put open their eyes and their hearts to help strangers. HE is part of our community therefore part of our family but I'm simply amazed at the kindness shown from those outside of our county. Thanks to everyone.

I was just laughing at myself because I really thought he meant male. So it was a laugh out loud moment for me.

Thanks! She was from Andrews, SC which neighbors Horry County. She was one of the first females to go missing that I remember in this area.

A number of locations covered in the BD investigation are the same or very near ground covered in the CS case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member