SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally, yes. There have been a few incidents lately.... there was a homicide victim found here a few months back but the actual homicide occurred at the beach.
Thanks, AshleyZ and cujenn.

There is a window of 3 am until the car was found. The car could have been placed there during this time. Not to mention the time period is unaccounted for.

j

There is a window of 3 am until the car was found. The car could have been placed there during this time. Not to mention the time period is unaccounted for.

j

To the locals, is Carolina Forest generally a safe area?

I would consider the area safe. My sister used to live along River Oaks Dr, and I have several friends who also live there.. I've never felt unsafe in that area either. Then again, I was born and raised in a bad area of Pittsburgh before moving here in 1997, so to me, there aren't many areas that make me feel unsafe. :twocents:

Thanx for the kind words, myrtlebeachlove, and yes Awareness is the key to successful missing persons investigations. One only has to look at the Hannah Anderson abduction(CA), a few months ago to see the power of the public. Due to communication; MSM/Internet, she was identified, located, rescued, and the perp eliminated. Although being taken to another state, over 1,000 miles away, 6 miles deep into a wilderness area.

With that said, I am very concerned that the Horry County PD Spokesperson Robert Kegler, has not updated the investigation or held a press conference, which is normal in high profile missing person's cases. Especially since there are now a minimum of 'Seven unsolved missing persons cases in the Myrtle Beach area.. Imo, HCPD is squandering very valuable resources available to them.

Seven unsolved missing persons cases in the Myrtle Beach area. This is what caught my attention. Has a map been done on regarding these 7 cases?

OK there is a new large spotlighted sign at the railroad tracks. There is also a police presence at Bob Evans now in the parking lot. I really feel like LE might know something about those RR tracks or that area.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

What are the names of the missing people in the Myrtle Beach area, I will do a map?

I think I should also mention because it hasn't been mentioned yet. Those train tracks on River Oaks are not used.

I have a theory (forgive me if this has been brought up) about how the car came to rest at PTL and how, if just one person is involved, left the scene. (I've been trying to think if just one person is involved, how did they leave the area and drive two vehicles at once?). There are only two (reasonable) ways to transport a car from point A to point B. One is driving and the other is towing. I'm thinking the person drove a large truck with either a trailer/or towing capabilities and towed Heather's car to PTL. Then dropped it off and drove off, unseen (so far). All MOO. (This theory is strictly to understand how one person could be responsible for the car ending up at PTL and the person not needing a ride or taxi out of the area).

Yes, the general public hasn't been told much and LE must own very good reasons for keeping information hushed. Personally, I don't believe Heather left voluntarily. jmho.

An individual, with no accomplice, could simply put a mountain bike or even a hybrid bike in the back by removing the front wheel. With the use of a quick release - on almost all decent bikes nowadays - they would have the wheel back on in less than 20-30 seconds. Add a helmet and sunglasses to make themselves less recognizable and they would be away from there in a very short time.

I have a theory (forgive me if this has been brought up) about how the car came to rest at PTL and how, if just one person is involved, left the scene. (I've been trying to think if just one person is involved, how did they leave the area and drive two vehicles at once?). There are only two (reasonable) ways to transport a car from point A to point B. One is driving and the other is towing. I'm thinking the person drove a large truck with either a trailer/or towing capabilities and towed Heather's car to PTL. Then dropped it off and drove off, unseen (so far). All MOO. (This theory is strictly to understand how one person could be responsible for the car ending up at PTL and the person not needing a ride or taxi out of the area).

Yes, the general public hasn't been told much and LE must own very good reasons for keeping information hushed. Personally, I don't believe Heather left voluntarily. jmho.

Did they take Heather with them to and from PTL? I think it's entirely possible there was more than one person but I can't rule out that whoever left her car there could have parked it and walked away. If this happened in the middle of the night there is little traffic in that area. I'd still like to know if the cameras on the swing bridge has footage of that night.
I'm with you in not believing Heather left voluntarily.

Is the boat landing within walking distance of anything abandon. I would think Le would have checked that stuff.

What are the names of the missing people in the Myrtle Beach area, I will do a map?
Wish I could help Wondergirl. I missed most of the postings today. Im sleep typing now have to be at work in a few hours. I will try to gather the names tomorrow if you are still willing and able to do a map.

OK there is a new large spotlighted sign at the railroad tracks. There is also a police presence at Bob Evans now in the parking lot. I really feel like LE might know something about those RR tracks or that area.

Do you mean like a new spotlight lighting up a missing poster, a temporary spotlight just set up in that area in general, or have they installed a new permanent spotlight to add light to the road/area?

My parents live in Socastee & I stopped by to visit them after work yesterday. On my way home (around 7:30), I saw people were gathered in the River City Cafe parking lot next to the swing bridge (Intracoastal Waterway) on Dick Pond Rd passing out flyers & they had a huge missing poster lit up with a big spotlight next to the road.

It's a huge missing poster with a temporary spotlight to light it.

Kareem Ward June 2007
Zachary Malinowsky August 2013
Brittanee Drexel April 2009
Heather Elvis Dec. 2013
Jamie Lynn Cross Dec. 2013
Johnnie Lamar Brown August 2012

An individual, with no accomplice, could simply put a mountain bike or even a hybrid bike in the back by removing the front wheel. With the use of a quick release - on almost all decent bikes nowadays - they would have the wheel back on in less than 20-30 seconds. Add a helmet and sunglasses to make themselves less recognizable and they would be away from there in a very short time.

Did they take Heather with them to and from PTL? I think it's entirely possible there was more than one person but I can't rule out that whoever left her car there could have parked it and walked away. If this happened in the middle of the night there is little traffic in that area. I'd still like to know if the cameras on the swing bridge have cameras.
I'm with you in not believing Heather left voluntarily.

There are so many possibilities of how the vehicle arrived at PTL. Since I feel Ladyhakke knows Heather best, I'm ruling out HE drove there herself. It's possible a person could have been on a bike, or a skateboard (anything with wheels) or they were able to walk away. (The tow theory is the easiest and requires minimal physical exertion). What we do know is the car did not drive itself there, it was parked oddly and it did not appear damaged.

O/T. When I lived down south, people in large trucks with RV's, flatbeds and tow trucks would pull into the empty end of the Walmart parking lot to park (obviously, it's a parking lot). Is this a common occurrence at the "sketchy" Walmart on Seaboard?

Hey all. Another local here and new to WS. I don't know all the abbreviations and stuff yet, but I'll learn. I've been reading for about 3 days, but I had trouble registering.

Some general info/corrections I can make related to things I've seen posted. The subdivision where HE lived prior to moving to River Oaks was built in the early 2000's. She attended St. James High School. Had she remained at her previous address, she would've gone to a different high school.

Regarding the landing where her car was found, I know of at least two occasions where people drove right off the boat ramp and into the water. One of them was killed, the other wandered to a nearby house. (Am I supposed to cite sources on these?)

If HE wanted to go out for food in the middle of the night, her apartment is very close to the Burger King at Coastal Grand Mall and not far from the Wendy's on Hwy 17 near Myrtle Waves. Also, the Wal-Mart is a sketchy place at night, even though many of us locals go there after hours. There was a shooting there on Black Friday a few years ago.

My theory is that she was either lured out of her apartment and abducted, or abducted from a business close to her apartment. I think the car was a pure dump by someone who knew the area well enough to know of the landing.

One of my guesses on why LE and searchers have focused so much on the water is that the Waccamaw River has a number of little floating shacks moored on little backwaters all over the place. They are the local equivalent of ice fishing shacks, but with no ice (obviously). If you pull of Google Earth, there are a few of them visible not too far from the landing.

Finally, I hope LE searched the abandoned amusement park very near her apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member