SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped

Interesting yes productive I'm not so sure, especially given the fact that we have no way of knowing if foul play is even involved. We certainly have been given nothing concrete through the media that this is what LE believes. All we have for sure is that a 20 tear old has been missing for a little over a week, they haven't classified it as an abduction as far as I know. It might very well be that it is but until we are told that it is we shouldn't get too far ahead of ourselves and just go with what we know which isn't much.

With all due respect, don't you think if foul play wasn't suspected, more details and information would be forthcoming? It seems that the less we hear, the more LE may think they have knowledge that, if made public, might hamper an investigation. I would think if they suspected it was an accident, suicide, etc. they would be putting all the information they had out there, rather than letting the public come to their own conclusions, and not be able assist in filling in missing pieces. Just MOO...

I totally agree. The notorious and elusive serial killer, Son of Sam, was snagged by LE because he was issued a parking ticket close to one of his crime scenes.

Son of Sam:
Australian publisher and now media mogul Rupert Murdoch had recently purchased the fledgling New York Post. The paper offered perhaps the most sensational coverage of the crimes by printing the Son Of Sam letters.

The letter caused a panic in New York. Reports that the victims all had long dark hair resulted in thousands of women either dying their hair, wearing wigs, or cutting it short in order to lessen the likelihood that they would become targets.
http://crazyhorsesghost.hubpages.com/hub/David_Berkowitz_Or_Son_Of_Sam

Very creative, calculating, and intelligent SK Gary Hilton, (GA/FL/NC) was stopped by LE/DNR over 70 times in restricted areas of national & state forests in the 10 year prior to his arrest. He would emulate a mentally impaired person. The officers would send him on his way with only a warning due to the incarceration expense and paperwork involved. His van which contained personal items of his victims was never searched...

Everything above~Correct. Also, Heather would NEVER drive to a place such as PTL to meet anyone at that time of the morning~and, certainly not alone.

Please let everyone in your family know that Heather, and all of you, are in our prayers :praying:

Videos are starting to post now, they are in HD which I didn't even realize. If you view them in HD you can see more signage and stuff, more detail. I don't know if these will be helpful, but hopefully someone finds them to be.

Thank you so much! Please, local sleuths, stay safe!!!

Love the YouTube name & commentary :) you stay safe as well!! I don't plan on leaving my home alone at night any time soon & I've warned my friends & family to do the same... At least until we know definitively that the two missing girls aren't related.

Dear LadyHawkke,

I'm sincerely praying for Heather's safe return and for your family. Thank you for the information regarding Heather and PTL.

Son of Sam:
Australian publisher and now media mogul Rupert Murdoch had recently purchased the fledgling New York Post. The paper offered perhaps the most sensational coverage of the crimes by printing the Son Of Sam letters.

The letter caused a panic in New York. Reports that the victims all had long dark hair resulted in thousands of women either dying their hair, wearing wigs, or cutting it short in order to lessen the likelihood that they would become targets.
http://crazyhorsesghost.hubpages.com/hub/David_Berkowitz_Or_Son_Of_Sam

Very creative, calculating, and intelligent SK Gary Hilton, (GA/FL/NC) was stopped by LE/DNR over 70 times in restricted areas of national & state forests in the 10 year prior to his arrest. He would emulate a mentally impaired person. The officers would send him on his way with only a warning due to the incarceration expense and paperwork involved. His van which contained personal items of his victims was never searched...

BBM. This is amazing. More than 70 times! More than 70 chances to stop this evil man. Sad.

O/T I think about Gary Hilton every single time I go hiking with my dogs. I wonder how he approached his victims and gained control. I don't want to think these thoughts. It is good that it makes me more aware but I hate that such evil exists.

[/B]

BBM. This is amazing. More than 70 times! More than 70 chances to stop this evil man. Sad.

O/T I think about Gary Hilton every single time I go hiking with my dogs. I wonder how he approached his victims and gained control. I don't want to think these thoughts. It is good that it makes me more aware but I hate that such evil exists.

GMH used his dog Dandy as a lure to strike up a conversation. He would then ask, do you have a cell phone, are you hiking alone...GMH, had an expandable baton, bayonet, and at times a firearm. He was a conman, as are most predators. Very persuasive. It is only 3 more days until the 6th anniversary of Meredith Hope Emerson's abduction.. Ella, her black lab puppy lives in CO with MHE's parents and weighs about 80 lbs.

Videos are starting to post now, they are in HD which I didn't even realize. If you view them in HD you can see more signage and stuff, more detail. I don't know if these will be helpful, but hopefully someone finds them to be.

AshleyZ86 you ROCK! Thanks so much for sharing your vids. I hope I never have to do this ever. Glad you figured it out. Thanks bunches.

To the locals, is Carolina Forest generally a safe area?

Everything above~Correct. Also, Heather would NEVER drive to a place such as PTL to meet anyone at that time of the morning~and, certainly not alone.

Sending hope and support from Maine. We have only a small idea how hard this is for you and your family; I am glad you posted here because I am in awe of the collective talent here, as well as genuine concern and willingness to help.

Generally, yes. There have been a few incidents lately.... there was a homicide victim found here a few months back but the actual homicide occurred at the beach.

I still have a few more videos. The two most pertinent ones are still stuck processing.

I'm sorry, but that's simply not true. The Bluffs on the Waterway are at least on division located on River Oaks that are Carolina Forest. The area is considered Carolina Forest. Carolina Forest itself is unincorporated.

ETA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Forest,_South_Carolina wikipedia lists housing developments on River Oaks as part of Carolina Forest as well as River Oaks as a road in Carolina Forest. Not trying to nitpick, but the media is also considering her missing out of Carolina Forest. I don't want people to be confused.

I 100% agree, Ashley!
Furthermore, while it's definitely important to keep facts accurate on this forum, it's irrelevant who dictates that River Oaks Drive is considered part of MB or part of CF. Like you mentioned... they're both unincorporated (as is Socastee), River Oaks Drive & CF Blvd intersect, & Horry County has jurisdiction of them both.

I have a theory (forgive me if this has been brought up) about how the car came to rest at PTL and how, if just one person is involved, left the scene. (I've been trying to think if just one person is involved, how did they leave the area and drive two vehicles at once?). There are only two (reasonable) ways to transport a car from point A to point B. One is driving and the other is towing. I'm thinking the person drove a large truck with either a trailer/or towing capabilities and towed Heather's car to PTL. Then dropped it off and drove off, unseen (so far). All MOO. (This theory is strictly to understand how one person could be responsible for the car ending up at PTL and the person not needing a ride or taxi out of the area).

Yes, the general public hasn't been told much and LE must own very good reasons for keeping information hushed. Personally, I don't believe Heather left voluntarily. jmho.

I think the neighborhoods along Carolina Forest Blvd are pretty safe & the neighborhoods at the end of River Oaks Drive (closer to 31 vs. 501)... there's a lot of newly developed neighborhoods around those areas. But there are a few shady looking areas along the center of River Oaks Drive & closer to 501.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli