SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone go downstairs and listen to one of the scanner channels? No discussion allowed here in this forum, but you can post what you hear down there. I'd do it myself, but Grandkids just arrived for some spoiling.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I have the scanners for HCPD and the city running while sleuthing. Shots fired earlier that ended up target practice by older gentlemen and false burglary alarms but lots of activity. I'll update if anything relative comes through

Locals, if you would be so kind as to meet us in the Scanner thread?
:please:
We have questions, but according to TOS, we can't post anything scanner-related here (but we can there).

TIA!

I was out on a work call yesterday with my mom (we work together) an we also noticed approx 5 birds circling in the area it caught our attention and we got a little creeped out.. And dumb me never put those pieces together

Don't be so hard on yourself! I learn SO much from everyone here, and have my fair share of light bulb moments as a result of the incredible amount of collective knowledge that WebSleuths represents.
Sometimes, the light bulb goes off immediately, which is great. Other times, it happens in retrospect. The point is to live AND learn, and to apply that knowledge to the greater good.
Your heart is in the right place, of that I have no doubt.
:hugs:

hehe I'm not looking to out map ya. also not trying to say that she would have taken socastee blvd. as opposed to forest brook rd. just showing an equally convenient alternative 1 min difference. Its just as likely she could have taken forest brook or socastee blvd. Honestly it depends on the time of day and traffic. just trying to show contrast in possibilities. helps if its visual.

also weren't there shenanigans going around the same time on socastee blvd. one fatality and 2 perps on the loose ??

Yes, this occurred on the morning of Tuesday, the 16th.

Douglas was pronounced dead at about 6:05 a.m. Tuesday following a two-car collision on S.C. 707, said Horry County deputy coroner Daris Fowler.

The accident occurred in the 4800 block of Highway 707 – also known as Socastee Highway – near the Kangaroo gas station. It was reported at about 5:26 a.m., according to the S.C. Highway Patrol’s website.

S.C. 707 was shut down for nearly six hours between Brandy Mill Road and the Socastee Station shopping center, according to a text message alert from the Highway Patrol.

http://m.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_c80a6df6-675e-11e3-af45-0019bb30f31a.html?mode=jqm

From the media articles, it looks like Heather went to her parent's home to pick up her mail Tuesday afternoon, and went out on a date later in the evening.

There is probably no connection between the incidents, but maybe it is too early to say for sure.

Heather is my niece. She did indeed call from the condo. The lady who reported Heather's car at PTL was mistaken about the day.
Thank you for all the brainstorming, time and effort everyone has put into this case. I've read every single post and am most appreciative. We are heartbroken and pray for Heather's safe return.
:greetings: Welcome to Websleuths!

Thank you for this valuable information!

I'm adding my humble prayers, too.
b6r8nk.gif

Hi everyone! I've been reading all the threads for a couple of days now in ref to HE. I had trouble registering; thank you mods for the help.
With that said I would like to respectively correct some local information that has been posted. I was born and raised in Myrtle Beach. My aunt owns the home over looking the river at the very end of Peachtree Rd on the left if you are at the water from the landing. They have owned this property for several generations. There is a lot of land to the left of the boat landing that just looks like woods but there are many homes right there; you can get a better look on Google Earth. Also I have owned boats my entire life and know the water in this area as well as the roads. From Peachtree landing you go left and follow the river around to the Intracoastal Waterway (a/b a ten minute ride) or go right and it winds around to Conway (a/b a 30 minute ride). There are many, many homes along both routes. These waters near Peachtree are heavily traveled not only during the summer but also now with fishermen (small boats not big vessels ie. shrimp boats) and hunters.
Peachtree Rd is not one way in one way out. You can take Mill Pond Rd which winds back around west to Hwy 544 and off Mill Pond Rd you can get on Hwy 814. Also the jurisdiction of the HE case is Horry County PD. Socastee is actually Myrtle Beach 29588 but is not in the city limits. River Oaks is not considered Carolina Forest, it's West Myrtle Beach. CF is approx. 4 miles west toward Conway. Again just wanted to clarify.

I was out on a work call yesterday with my mom (we work together) an we also noticed approx 5 birds circling in the area it caught our attention and we got a little creeped out.. And dumb me never put those pieces together

myrtlebeachlove, did you report it to the tip line/LE? If not, please do. If you do not feel that your tip is followed up on, please contact the local fire department rescue..

Hi everyone! I've been reading all the threads for a couple of days now in ref to HE. I had trouble registering; thank you mods for the help.
With that said I would like to respectively correct some local information that has been posted. I was born and raised in Myrtle Beach. My aunt owns the home over looking the river at the very end of Peachtree Rd on the left if you are at the water from the landing. They have owned this property for several generations. There is a lot of land to the left of the boat landing that just looks like woods but there are many homes right there; you can get a better look on Google Earth. Also I have owned boats my entire life and know the water in this area as well as the roads. From Peachtree landing you go left and follow the river around to the Intracoastal Waterway (a/b a ten minute ride) or go right and it winds around to Conway (a/b a 30 minute ride). There are many, many homes along both routes. These waters near Peachtree are heavily traveled not only during the summer but also now with fishermen (small boats not big vessels ie. shrimp boats) and hunters.
Peachtree Rd is not one way in one way out. You can take Mill Pond Rd which winds back around west to Hwy 544 and off Mill Pond Rd you can get on Hwy 814. Also the jurisdiction of the HE case is Horry County PD. Socastee is actually Myrtle Beach 29588 but is not in the city limits. River Oaks is not considered Carolina Forest, it's West Myrtle Beach. CF is approx. 4 miles west toward Conway. Again just wanted to clarify.

I live on River Oaks and it is considered Carolina Forest. Just for reference - here is an article about the new Kangarroo and Subway in Carolina Forest which are on River Oaks. - http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/loc...cle_091a0120-20a7-11e3-8d1e-0019bb30f31a.html Also, are considered Carolina Forest in regards to all the know your zone stuff.

It is a sign saying Missing Person Heather Elvis call 915-TIPS. I have it on video. There was no police tap but I did see a helicopter searching a lot of areas and I saw some type of LE vehicle in the woods off River Oaks but nothing taped off.
I drove over to River Oaks Drive around 5 pm. I saw the cones up, but no police tape. I was over near Broadway and saw a helicopter which I noticed all afternoon. I believe someone was also searching with a small plane, it was too far from the airport to be landing there and it was not a commercial carrier. There are no signs at all on Harrelson Blvd or at the intersection coming out of River Oaks Drive.

We're supposed to have some heavy rain tonight and tomorrow. That could affect currents and flood some areas a bit.

Just FYI there are several helicopter-ride businesses along the grand strand, including one located on the east end of farrow pkwy, one near broadway, and one on the north end on 17.. those could be the helicopters being seen/heard.

Not to sound creepy, but Catchy kitty, I was thinking the same thing today. Possibly, certain "eyes" are on this thread. Another person who enjoyed getting drunk and commenting on his crimes via posts on the net was IK. He admits to this behavior in one of the FBI interview videos on Youtube.

Something to keep in mind when posting. Be safe everyone.

Been on WS for many years and followed a few cases...a friend from NC told me about this, and as I was reading today, something came over me, kept thinking someone on here knows a whole lot more about what happened to Heather, gave me chills...we can't all be wrong, very creepy to me

Just FYI there are several helicopter-ride businesses along the grand strand, including one located on the east end of farrow pkwy, one near broadway, and one on the north end on 17.. those could be the helicopters being seen/heard.

The one I saw wasn't. I even mentioned that in my video, lol. They're almost done uploading, only took a few hours!

Heather is my niece. She did indeed call from the condo. The lady who reported Heather's car at PTL was mistaken about the day.
Thank you for all the brainstorming, time and effort everyone has put into this case. I've read every single post and am most appreciative. We are heartbroken and pray for Heather's safe return.

Heather's disappearance is heartbreaking to our entire community. My prayers are with you, Heather, her friends and family. Let's hope she returns safely very soon. I can't imagine your heartache.

MBnative, welcome to the websleuths family. As a born and raised Myrtle Beach native. What is your theories of what happened to Heather Elvis? Also, in your opinion, what is the pulse of the public concerning the seven unsolved missing persons cases in Horry County, SC?

Please remember the perp could be on this thread !
Be careful what you say or do!

If I recall correctly Dennis Rader the BTK killer actually enjoyed participating in online forums that discussed his crimes.

Foxfire could explain this better than I.

I think about this on all of the pages, including the facebook page. No one knows what we're dealing with here...

The one I saw wasn't. I even mentioned that in my video, lol. They're almost done uploading, only took a few hours!

I went to Target today too!! It was around 1:30-2 pm & I saw the helicopter some of you are probably referring to as well & wondered if it was aiding in a search. I will say... I see a helicopter in that area almost every day around 5:30 pm when I'm heading home from work & I think that one is for traffic reporting. I doubt very much that the one seen today was though because they don't do much traffic reporting on the weekends.

http://donnagore.com/2012/06/03/search-and-rescue-we-do-it-for-the-love-of-it/

Search and Rescue: “We Do It for the Love of It”
(Photo link of HCFD Rescue - http://www.carolinalive.com/uploade...ries/drexel4.jpg?w=500&h=375&aspect=nostretch)
Robin Moore and Chuck Elgin are search and rescue professionals who lead with their hearts… They are on call at a moment’s notice….They often do their work in the middle of the night… They volunteer their time and receive no financial compensation to assist victim’s families. They work with the CUE Center for Missing Persons who coordinates professional assistance, resources, expertise and solicits donations to keep it all going….like a well oiled machine.

Listen to podcast with Robin Moore and Chuck Elgin: (go to link for audio)

Robin Moore,Donna R. Gore, LadyJusticeRobin… with her cadre of specially trained dogs (including a Cadaver Dog aka Human Remains Detection Dog) and Chuck with his sonar equipment and background in law enforcement, fire fighting and incident command instruction, make for a perfect team on the scene.

We're supposed to have some heavy rain tonight and tomorrow. That could affect currents and flood some areas a bit.
It will also ruin the posters that have been put up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchy kitty View Post
Please remember the perp could be on this thread !
Be careful what you say or do!

If I recall correctly Dennis Rader the BTK killer actually enjoyed participating in online forums that discussed his crimes.

Foxfire could explain this better than I.

Not to sound creepy, but Catchy kitty, I was thinking the same thing today. Possibly, certain "eyes" are on this thread. Another person who enjoyed getting drunk and commenting on his crimes via posts on the net was IK. He admits to this behavior in one of the FBI interview videos on Youtube.

Something to keep in mind when posting. Be safe everyone.

News today is in real time and is continuous 24 hours a day. Only a smart phone away. Many, if not most of todays predators/SKs monitor LE, the internet forums, and the news updates of their crimes.

Catchy kitty, BTK monitored and communicated with LE & the MS Media, and this is why he was eventually apprehended. A proposed book titled "The BTK Story", which mimicked a story written in 1999 by Court TV crime writer David Lohr(Now with Huffington Post), upset BTK. BTK, then sent a floppy disk to Fox TV. The disc was traced to his church where he was a deacon.

As Passin' Me By, noted AK SK & bank robber(IK)Israel Keyes monitored and posted on various internet forums. FBI forensics on his PC indicated that IK had monitored the investigation in the Currier family murders, Burlington, VT. IK idolized Ted Bundy. Ironically, Burlington, VT was T. Bundy's birthplace..

In 2008, behavioral analysts in the FBI’s National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime—part of our Critical Incident Response Group—issued a comprehensive report entitled Serial Murder: Multi-Disciplinary Perspectives for Investigators. Based on the findings of a five-day conference three years earlier that included 135 experts from across different fields, the monograph defined serial murder as “the unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events.”

2013 • September • Serial Killers, Part 1: The FBI’s Role Takes Shape
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2013/september/serial-killers-part-1-the-fbis-role-takes-shape

2013 • October • Serial Killers Part 2: The Birth of Behavioral Analysis in the FBI
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/201...2-the-birth-of-behavioral-analysis-at-the-fbi

• 2013 • November • Serial Killers, Part 3: Ted Bundy’s Campaign of Terror
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2013/november/serial-killers-part-3-ted-bundys-campaign-of-terror

I think about this on all of the pages, including the facebook page. No one knows what we're dealing with here...

I had to go to Walmart today and every face I looked at I thought exactly that. It's not just here, it's everywhere. You can never be too careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14