SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw three carrion type birds near the woods on River Oaks. Horry country trucks are putting something type of traffic sign up near the railroad tracks on River Oaks right now. It will be interesting to see if its related to this case

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Can someone go downstairs and listen to one of the scanner channels? No discussion allowed here in this forum, but you can post what you hear down there. I'd do it myself, but Grandkids just arrived for some spoiling.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I don't know if I'm posting this correctly~ I don't know if I've ever actually posted something so please don't be too hard on me! The link confirms another missing woman.

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24319450/another-missing-woman-in-horry-county-major-crimes-investigates

You did great!
:yourock:

The following is respectfully snipped and BBM from the linked article Christy posted:

"...Jamie Lynn Cross, 24, of Murrells Inlet was reported missing on Christmas Day, but was last seen on December 23rd.

Cross's disappearance comes less than a week after Heather Elvis, 20, of Myrtle Beach was reported missing.

Sgt. Kegler said there is no reason to believe the two are related".

This was the case that was mentioned on Thread #1 as being posted on http://facebook.com/FindHeatherElvis. I will say that I did not see her name on the facebook page today, FWIW :twocents:

Was it police tape? What were the signs that they put up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is a sign saying Missing Person Heather Elvis call 915-TIPS. I have it on video. There was no police tap but I did see a helicopter searching a lot of areas and I saw some type of LE vehicle in the woods off River Oaks but nothing taped off.

I don't know if I'm posting this correctly~ I don't know if I've ever actually posted something so please don't be too hard on me! The link confirms another missing woman.

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24319450/another-missing-woman-in-horry-county-major-crimes-investigates

I have 3 mutual friends with her on FB... what in the world is going on around here?! Hoping both she and Heather are found soon, and that all young women in the area are a little more cautious of their surroundings. I know I will be!

Can someone go downstairs and listen to one of the scanner channels? No discussion allowed here in this forum, but you can post what you hear down there. I'd do it myself, but Grandkids just arrived for some spoiling.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I have the scanners for HCPD and the city running while sleuthing. Shots fired earlier that ended up target practice by older gentlemen and false burglary alarms but lots of activity. I'll update if anything relative comes through

My thoughts exactly... as I said before, I have no faith in the local LE. Everybody assumes "I'm sure LE did this or that before anything else", as I sit here thinking yeah right, they don't know how LE works around here. Common sense would make you think they would have taken certain crucial steps, but I don't think that's the case here or as with any of the other local missing cases. Just my opinion

Unfortunately, I agree with you.

Doesn't seem like things have changed much in Myrtle Beach since I moved away about 6 years ago.

It seems like there is another missing person out of that area every week. I never knew how dangerous it was down there until I saw it with my own eyes. Not to say that it is not a beautiful place with some good things going on, but I was very surprised at some of the things I experienced and saw.

After all of the incidents that have occurred, you would think that the local LE would have things in order. Hopefully they are more on top of things than we know, not to bash LE, of course.

I really hope she is found alive and well. When I was 20, I lived in a spring break town as well and was a waitress. I remember those days clearly. She's adorable and has so much ahead of her in life. Please please please let her be okay.

Please remember the perp could be on this thread !
Be careful what you say or do!

If I recall correctly Dennis Rader the BTK killer actually enjoyed participating in online forums that discussed his crimes.

Foxfire could explain this better than I.

Not to sound creepy, but Catchy kitty, I was thinking the same thing today. Possibly, certain "eyes" are on this thread. Another person who enjoyed getting drunk and commenting on his crimes via posts on the net was IK. He admits to this behavior in one of the FBI interview videos on Youtube.

Something to keep in mind when posting. Be safe everyone.

I just saw three carrion type birds near the woods on River Oaks. Horry country trucks are putting something type of traffic sign up near the railroad tracks on River Oaks right now. It will be interesting to see if its related to this case

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanx for sharing, AshleyZ86. We have this discussion in virtually every missing person discussion. I can think of several missing persons that were located in the past year due to scavenger activity.
Irony, I was just thinking about posting an FYI for locals to BOLO for Vultures and other scavenging birds before reading your post. Whether the carrion birds that you spotted on River Oaks are related or not, everyone needs to be aware of scavenger activity in the area.

I've just spent the last 3 hours reading up on this sad occurrence.

I know much has been made about the date and lack of information by LE regarding it. The only thing I can think of is that they have identified the individual and they have spoken to that individual already or that they have a name and are seeking to locate that person. IMO if someone is eager to phone a friend to tell them how a date went (especially in the early hours of the morning) then the said friend will at least know some basic details about the date such as the dates name, where they went, met etc. It would be easy for LE to get this info from the friend. It is for this reason that at present im discrediting the date being involved - LE would have made more of a deal about it if it were relevant

I have noticed from HEs various social media profiled that she seemed to allude quite regularly to a troubled love life. Perhaps this needs to be looked at in more detail

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thanx for sharing, AshleyZ86. We have this discussion in virtually every missing person discussion. I can think of several missing persons that were located in the past year due to scavenger activity.
Irony, I was just thinking about posting an FYI for locals to BOLO for Vultures and other scavenging birds before reading your post. Whether the carrion birds that you spotted on River Oaks are related or not, everyone needs to be aware in the area.

I caught the birds in video as well on my way back. I don't have a close up of them, but maybe someone can tell us what kind they are. I'm no bird expert.

I caught the birds in video as well on my way back. I don't have a close up of them, but maybe someone can tell us what kind they are. I'm no bird expert.

I was out on a work call yesterday with my mom (we work together) an we also noticed approx 5 birds circling in the area it caught our attention and we got a little creeped out.. And dumb me never put those pieces together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli