SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to keep up with the tags down at the bottom on both threads; if anyone can think of other tags to add, please do so.

Carolyn Callahan ‏@carolyncallahan 20m WIS-TV
Police have said they do not believe the Jamie Lynn Cross disappearance and the disappearance of Heather Elvis are connected. #sctweets

Great to see that Heather's missing fb page now has over 17,000 likes.

http://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis

Bringing this forward from the fb page for those who don't do fb here:

"**IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PICK UP FLYERS TO HANG, THE FOLLOWING BUSINESSES HAVE THEM FOR YOU TO PICK-UP:

Cypress Camping Resort
Artistik Image Hair Studio
17 Auto collision
River City Cafe in Socastee next to the Swing Bridge
Surfside Realty Company

The following places have flyers under BILL BARRETT'S name:
Office Depot in Myrtle Beach and Surfside Beach
Office Max in Myrtle Beach
The UPS Store in Surfside Beach near Lowe's on the Bypass
Kinko's Fed-Ex in Myrtle Beach

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP! IT'S APPRECIATED MORE THAN YOU ALL KNOW!"

The closest gas station is right across 501 from the River Oaks condos although I don't remember if its 24 hours ( http://bit.ly/19x6ZWI ).

The next closest is indeed open 24/7 located on waccamaw blvd which travels parallel to 501 going north( http://bit.ly/1hNMxmN ) **The route is wrong. You should be able to make a right onto 501 from River Oaks Dr.**.

Closest grocery store is Food Lion ( http://bit.ly/1ejzqHK ) on the entrance to forest brook rd.

Her closest Walmart is on seaboard street ( http://bit.ly/18RJSYS ) but if I lived in River Oaks I would frequent the nicer Walmart the opposite direction on 501 closer to Carolina Forest ( http://bit.ly/Kdy20l ). ...Seaboard street walmart is dirty :facepalm:

Here is a consolidated map pointing to everything at once.
http://bit.ly/JmUdAD

The gas station closest to her across from 501 isn't open 24 hrs (I lived nearby in Arrowhead for a few yrs) & even if its hours have changed since then, I doubt she would have gone there late at night because it's definitely shady & abandoned around that block. There were times I was leery of stopping there during the day!

LadyHawkke, :grouphug:

:heartbeat: We are all hoping for Heather's safe return! :heartbeat:

LadyHawkke,

I am bringing forward the details of a post from Thread #1. Websleuths allows Verified Insider status, which is explained as follows:

"In order to be able to post info that is not known thru law enforcement or main stream media you must be verified as an insider on the case.

Rumor is not allowed, you can speculate but only with what is known at this time.

Ima

If you would like to be verified as a professional poster, such as an insider/local, doctor, lawyer, chemist, or whatever your profession, then please do the following:
Email Websleuths at : wsverify@xmission.com
In your email please include:
*The case
*Your Websleuths name
*Your real name
*Your phone number and a good time to call
In the subject line put either the case you are interested in or the profession you wish to verify."

By no means, is this post meant as pressure for you to become a Verified Insider. Your family is going through something most of here could not even fathom. I just wanted you to be aware.

We are here to support you, and appreciate you taking the time to post, and share your thoughts and insights on Heather.

:grouphug:
#FindHeatherElvis
:heartbeat:

via linked post at:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229558&highlight=verified+insider&page=20

Re: my post above, can someone please read the twitter and fb links so I can immediately update; my eyes can't read them. TIA.

I have been tweeting/searching using the following hashtags:

#FindHeatherElvis
#FindHeather
#HeatherElvis

Is this what you meant, Margarita25?

its a blogging website where you can follow or be followed much like twitter. you can posts blogs, put usually (as I do) people tend to just re-blog (or retweet) blogs. thats what she was doing between 1:57 and 2:09AM on dec 18th. re-blogging exactly 10 posts. could have been done by smart phone or computer. by her twitter selfie pictures taken through a mirror we can see that she had an android smart phone. there is a tumblr application available for android devices so she could have either been at home with her laptop, at home on her cellphone or out and about on her cellphone.
would the last 10 tumblr posts she made be the 1st 10 we see? If so, her mood seems contemplative. They are all about love and mistakes. Example:"if I could go back to the first day we met, I am sorry, but I will turn around and walk the other way". The 10th one is about a kiss(if they are in order this would be the first post of the 10). It seems to me the pain of a break was on her mind. Maybe she enjoyed her date but was still hurting from a past relationship.
Don't know how that might figure into her being missing. I am just thinking and typing.

I lived in Socastee for 20+ years and have 2 adult daughters that live less than 3 miles from PTL. I was visiting my daughters Dec 20th - 22nd, drove by Peachtree Road several times, was actually stopped for several minutes right in front of PT road because of the bridge turning , went in several stores but did not know HElvis was missing till I returned home. I am assuming, so early into her disappearance that most of the police activity was centered at the landing and her condo.
The Socastee and 501 area of MB has changed quite a bit since I lived there. I went to school at Socastee, spent hundreds of weekends boating on the waterway , launching from PTL. That area of Socastee used to be more rural , with very little development on the waterway and dozens of secluded access points. USED to be.. Still, I have been wondering why leave her car at Peachtree Landing ? While her condo and the businesses open that late at night, are only a short drive from PTL.. knowing that area..there are hundreds of places one could abandon a car. So I spent some time looking at the satellite map for places one could access the waterway or just abandon a car without being spotted or caught on a security camera. PTL. appears to be the most secluded and convenient place within a 20 mile radius. IMO, it has to be a local or someone who spends time on the waterway to of had knowledge of PTL .

I have been tweeting/searching using the following hashtags:

#FindHeatherElvis
#FindHeather
#HeatherElvis

Is this what you meant, Margarita25?

Thanks Kimi,

On the image flyer, on the bottom, in fine print, I can not read the links for the fb and twitter as listed on the poster...

Thanks for the hashtags; will stick them at the bottom too. :)

I'v been told that the car was facing the ramp, as if the driver backed out of a plan to drive it into the water. Keys in the car, HE's purse with drivers license debit card inside.

Its hearsay, but credible hearsay from people who knows her.
and I believe it because it was less than 48 hours since she was known to be last in contact with anyone. I don't think they would have been able to claim her as a missing person until atleast 48 hours after unless they have probable suspicion of something foul.

You say the car was facing the ramp as if the driver backed out of a plan to drive it into the water. Can you be more clear about that?

Was the car part way down the ramp? Not parked in a normal manner?

Were the keys in the ignition? Was the car in park?

If someone directs me to the video of this ramp, I will grab a screenshot of it, so we can have a look at it. TIA

pwxPT.AuSt.78.jpeg

Wesley Williamson and Derrick Spivey take their boat out at Peachtree Landing in Socastee after searching, Friday morning for Heather Elvis. The men who live nearby have searched everyday since her car was found abandoned at the landing. She has been missing since December 19th.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...ers-police-continue-search.html#storylink=cpy

Horry County has nearly 16,000 watercrafts smaller than 25 feet registered with the auditor’s office, according to Deputy Auditor Judy Clardy. There are also 946 vessels registered with the county, Clardy said.

He said the county is working toward having a convenient and clean boat ramp area for locals to enjoy boating. But it wasn’t all smooth sailing.

Boating enthusiasts in the North Myrtle Beach area can look forward to saving up to 25 minutes of a drive to launch their boats thanks to a new ramp project slated to be complete next week.

Horry County Councilman Brent Schulz, whose territory includes the area where the new $1.6 million boat launch is being built at Highway 17 Bypass and the S.C. 22 overpass, came up with the idea for the boat ramp and park about four years ago after seeing a similar one in Kentucky.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/06/25/3554992/boat-landing-set-to-open-near.html#storylink=cpy

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/06/25/3554992/boat-landing-set-to-open-near.html#storylink=cpy

pUbUS.AuSt.78.jpeg

I lived in Socastee for 20+ years and have 2 adult daughters that live less than 3 miles from PTL. I was visiting my daughters Dec 20th - 22nd, drove by Peachtree Road several times, was actually stopped for several minutes right in front of PT road because of the bridge turning , went in several stores but did not know HElvis was missing till I returned home. I am assuming, so early into her disappearance that most of the police activity was centered at the landing and her condo.
The Socastee and 501 area of MB has changed quite a bit since I lived there. I went to school at Socastee, spent hundreds of weekends boating on the waterway , launching from PTL. That area of Socastee used to be more rural , with very little development on the waterway and dozens of secluded access points. USED to be.. Still, I have been wondering why leave her car at Peachtree Landing ? While her condo and the businesses open that late at night, are only a short drive from PTL.. knowing that area..there are hundreds of places one could abandon a car. So I spent some time looking at the satellite map for places one could access the waterway or just abandon a car without being spotted or caught on a security camera. PTL. appears to be the most secluded and convenient place within a 20 mile radius. IMO, it has to be a local or someone who spends time on the waterway to of had knowledge of PTL .

Welcome escape2c and all new members :)

:welcome:

S.C. 544 Bridge off Peachtree Road in the Socastee community. Boat Ramp.
This marina opened in April, 2003. The landing, located under the SC 544 bridge, features a dual concrete boat ramp with dozens of parking places.

My photo: Socastee Swing Bridge

swing-bridge.jpg

My photo: Harbor Oaks Marina

harbor-oaks-marina.jpg

bridge-harbor.jpg

http://www.funbeaches.com/marinas.html

also why peachtree landing?? out of all the places in town to have her car turn up. she was last known to be at home far far from peach tree. the ramp seems like a convenient way to hide the car in water. there have been talks about perhaps peachtree was a hang out spot... I never hung out at that place! its dark and creepy as hell. maybe if you were a teen who didn't have a car and lived close by I can see that being a good spot to go with neighborhood friends and smoke weed in without getting caught. Even then though... nope. She was 20, not 15 and had left her old neighborhood by peachtree behind. if she was going back there it was to visit family or friends in their house.

As dark and eerie as it is I can't see anyone hanging out at Peachtree Landing. HE had a car, she didn't live at home with a curfew so meeting someone there doesn't make sense, she could hang out at her new apartment. The place looks dangerous at night just because it's so desolate. I wonder, could a friend have called and told her their car had broken down there and needed her to pick them up? It would be odd for her car to be facing the water but maybe someone was going to push the car down the ramp and then either couldn't physically do it or thought twice and changed their mind. That could possibly be how someone left in another vehicle. This is thinking out loud even though I can't imagine a female going there at night by herself, I certainly wouldn't.
HE's own aunt posted right here that she'd never go there at night and I can't imagine she would, not alone anyway.

I am looking at the pictures of the landing and thinking the perp had his boat staged there, ready to scurry Heather away. I need to research the waterway more.

Can a local please confirm if the Harbour Oak landing is close to the Peachtree Landing?

Wondergirl.. I am confused about the posting of the Harbor Oaks Marina pictures ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larney