SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peachtree Boat Landing and Ramp

Peachtree Landing Public Boat Ramp on the Waccamaw River is located less than 1.5 miles from All American Storage. Don't spend 30-45 minutes driving to a boat ramp when you can have your boat in the water in 5 minutes when you store it at All American Storage. The boat ramp has an easy-in double boat ramp and plenty of parking for trailers. The Ramp is located off Dick Pond Road on Peachtree Road just west of the Swing Bridge.

There is also Sawkstee Bait and Tackle Shop at the entrance to Peachtree Road for you fisherman. There are also a gas station,convenience store and restaurants close to the ramp.

http://allamericanstoragemb.com/boat-rampbike-week.html

would the last 10 tumblr posts she made be the 1st 10 we see? If so, her mood seems contemplative. They are all about love and mistakes. Example:"if I could go back to the first day we met, I am sorry, but I will turn around and walk the other way". The 10th one is about a kiss(if they are in order this would be the first post of the 10). It seems to me the pain of a break was on her mind. Maybe she enjoyed her date but was still hurting from a past relationship.
Don't know how that might figure into her being missing. I am just thinking and typing.

I thought about the possibility of her meaning of a past relationship by her tumblr re-blogs as well. but also keep in mind that its the people she follows (most likely unknowns) who post those pictures and quotes not her. she just sees them and goes 'thats cool -- reblogged'. they most likely post stuff like that all the time and she also most likely subscribed to them sometime in the not so recent past.

the Harbour Marina is right next to the drawbridge..close to Peachtree Landing.. having his boat docked there or at PTL is a good possibility..

You say the car was facing the ramp as if the driver backed out of a plan to drive it into the water. Can you be more clear about that?

Was the car part way down the ramp? Not parked in a normal manner?

Were the keys in the ignition? Was the car in park?

If someone directs me to the video of this ramp, I will grab a screenshot of it, so we can have a look at it. TIA
6699 Peachtree Road, Myrtle Beach, SC
http://maps.gstatic.com/m/streetvie...ach&ei=fWPAUt6nH4rNsQTx1oKoDQ&ved=0CCwQxB0wAA

Google Street Image from 6699 Peachtree Rd. Myrtle Beach, SC. Boat Ramp

attachment.php

Attachments

• 6699 PEACHTREE LANDING BOAT RAMP.jpg
    6699 PEACHTREE LANDING BOAT RAMP.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 270
More thinking out loud.. in regards to her belongings and keys being in the car, but her phone not... I don't know why this image comes to my head, but it does: HE being pulled from the car, instinctively grabs her phone to call for help, phone gets thrown in the water by abductor.... again, just me thinking the scenario out loud..

Wondergirl, this is a different landing than the one where the car was left. The one is about 2 miles down Peachtree Road, at the very end of the road. Also, the end of Peachtree is not the only access point to the end of he road where the landing is.

Also, there's not much place to stage a boat at Peachtree. It's an older landing than the one under the bridge, and instead of being directly on the Intracoastal Waterway, it is on the Waccamaw River, which leads to the waterway, and also further inland to Conway.

Lots of people are confusing the two landings, when they are indeed separate and a couple of mile apart on different bodies of water.

EDIT: The most recent pic you posted is the correct landing.

Also, how do I post pictures?

Heather Elvis - 5'1"

Brittanee Drexel - 5'0"

Both petite. Wondering about other missing females fitting their age & height profile from the surrounding counties.

also why peachtree landing?? out of all the places in town to have her car turn up. she was last known to be at home far far from peach tree. the ramp seems like a convenient way to hide the car in water. there have been talks about perhaps peachtree was a hang out spot... I never hung out at that place! its dark and creepy as hell. maybe if you were a teen who didn't have a car and lived close by I can see that being a good spot to go with neighborhood friends and smoke weed in without getting caught. Even then though... nope. She was 20, not 15 and had left her old neighborhood by peachtree behind. if she was going back there it was to visit family or friends in their house.

Apparently, many younger people have bonfire parties down near the Landing.

My daughter is in HS here and she brought it up out of the blue.

There was supposedly 2 bonfire "Xmas" parties that happened down there over the past 3 weeks.

The gas station closest to her across from 501 isn't open 24 hrs (I lived nearby in Arrowhead for a few yrs) & even if its hours have changed since then, I doubt she would have gone there late at night because it's definitely shady & abandoned around that block. There were times I was leery of stopping there during the day!

Is anything even open in the old Waccamaw Pottery building now? I know most of it's been empty for years but I thought a few businesses were left that faced Hwy 501. The Hard Rock Amusement Park, Burger King and that general area is strange, it was once very busy now it looks desolate and run down.

Beba.. I cannot imagine HElvis going to PTL willingly. I have asked my daughters what they have heard over the years about PTL..they both said it is rumored to be a hang out for young people/those still in high school to drink or smoke. My oldest has friends who live down Peachtree..they said the place is deserted after midnight.

I remember reading a couple posts wondering if Heather was going there to meet someone to party.. Heather did not live with her parents, her roommate was out of town so she had the condo all to herself.. not reason for her to be meeting someone there to party or to score.

Is anything even open in the old Waccamaw Pottery building now? I know most of it's been empty for years but I thought a few businesses were left that faced Hwy 501. The Hard Rock Amusement Park, Burger King and that general area is strange, it was once very busy now it looks desolate and run down.

There is a large costume shop in there called Imaginations. That's all I know of. There is a large gym/workout center across from the back of the old Hard Rock park.

would the last 10 tumblr posts she made be the 1st 10 we see? If so, her mood seems contemplative. They are all about love and mistakes. Example:"if I could go back to the first day we met, I am sorry, but I will turn around and walk the other way". The 10th one is about a kiss(if they are in order this would be the first post of the 10). It seems to me the pain of a break was on her mind. Maybe she enjoyed her date but was still hurting from a past relationship.
Don't know how that might figure into her being missing. I am just thinking and typing.

You say the car was facing the ramp as if the driver backed out of a plan to drive it into the water. Can you be more clear about that?

Was the car part way down the ramp? Not parked in a normal manner?

Were the keys in the ignition? Was the car in park?

If someone directs me to the video of this ramp, I will grab a screenshot of it, so we can have a look at it. TIA

I wasn't there. so I didn't see it. from what I'v been told I picture in my mind the car like this.

ramp.jpg

also take note of the ramp and the distance to the mobile homes on the left. I'm surprised if they didn't hear the car arrive at the landing parking lot.

I am looking at the pictures of the landing and thinking the perp had his boat staged there, ready to scurry Heather away. I need to research the waterway more.

Can a local please confirm if the Harbour Oak landing is close to the Peachtree Landing?

I'm thinking along the same lines, Wondergirl. So he'd have to have a light for the water, no? Are there houses at all along the river? Being that close to Christmas, maybe somebody was awake from a holiday party, or wrapping presents or something...anything. Is there a possibility a light was noticed on the waterway late at night when Heather went missing? Could a boat have been stowed but hidden? Is it possible Heather was targeted, maybe by a patron when she was working or just somebody that saw her in a mall or something?

from Nov. 2012..apparently there is at least one house close enough to see the Boat Ramp area at PTL..

http://www.wtoc.com/story/20068102/...-dangerous-dead-end-road?clienttype=printable

Peachtree residents want safety changes on dangerous dead end road

Posted: Nov 11, 2012 8:00 PM EST
Updated: Nov 15, 2012 8:01 AM EST
By Stephanie Robusto - email

SOCASTEE, SC (WMBF) – A local family is asking for safety changes, after witnessing the second fatal accident in their backyard in just two years.

Christy Harter can't remember what made her walk outside on Saturday night. She just had a weird feeling, and stepped out onto her porch.

"The car was smooth, I couldn't hear the engine. All I heard was the tires and saw the headlights," recalls Christy Harter, a resident near the boat launch at the end of Peachtree Road.

She watched in horror as 65 year old Linda Graham drove her car off the end of Peachtree Road, right near the boat ramp, and into the water.

"The next thing I heard was the bottom of the car scraping the pavement, before the car was launched out into the water," says Ms. Harter.

Ms. Harter immediately ran inside, told her mom to call 911, and then ran next door to a neighbor's house, asking for help.

"You feel helpless, you can't jump into the water, you don't know where the car is. It didn't stay emerged very long," says Karen Harter, Christy's mom.

Christy pointed her headlights into the water, trying to find the car.

"At that point, there was nothing I could do," says Ms.Harter

She watched as emergency responders dove into the water.

"There were ambulances, police, a dive team. They were all here in respectable time, but no matter how fast they get here, its not fast enough," says Ms.Harter.

The 65 year old Socastee woman was dead inside her car when responders were able to pull it out of the water. Autopsy results show she died from drowning.

This isn't the first time the family has witnessed a fatal accident on this dead end road.

"Two deaths in just two years, it's awful," expresses Ms. Harter.

In 2010, Christy's husband dove into the water to save a trapped driver in the exact spot that Linda Graham lost her life on Saturday night.

"It tears your heart out, even though you don't know them you still feel for them," says Mrs. Harter.

He was unable to save the other passenger in the car. It is a memory that still haunts the family.

"There's no reason for that, for a loss like that, If there's something that can be done to prevent it," says Mrs. Harter.

The family wants something done now to stop these accidents from happening so close to their home.

"We should have strips down, a few rumble strips. I don't know if it will help all, but it might help a few," suggests Ms. Harter

"We need to speak to people about getting something done, this is too extreme," agrees Mrs. Harter.

They are writing into the county and the Department of Transportation for help.

"Something has to be done, I'll do what I can, do my best. But this is awful," says Mr. Harter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel