SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt there are master keys because they are individually owned condo units. Any interior repairs would be the responsibility of the homeowner or renter.

Jennifer Kesse's were individually owned as well. Sometimes a condo association handles exterminators & minor repairs, therefore possess a master key to the units they're in charge of. Sometimes condo fees only pay for upkeep of the lawn, trash removal, etc...but sometimes fees include important things like structural damage, window repairs, exterminators, etc.

What is the name of the place again where Heather lives? She doesn't own it, she rents it, right? Therefore her landlord would have the master. Unless her roommate owns the place?

I dont think it was hidden it was just sitting there, the family didnt even know there was a problem til the police showed up at their door thursday asking if they had a car missing. The family didnt believe it was heathers because they were saying the car had been there for a week, and they knew heather had been at their house tuesday. The police took them to the scene and the family drove the car home. The police at A later time came and searched the vehicle, the parents knowing something wasnt right didnt search the car themselves and the father wore gloves to drive it . I think at the time the car was found the police nor the family believed she was necessarily missing! It wasnt until she didnt show up for her shift that they were convinced something was seriously wrong.. She was very committed to her job , and a work aholic.

O.M.G.

This post mortifies me. I am alot less hopeful now than I was. Is the car impounded now to search for evidence? So there are definitely no pictures of the car at the landing then.

That's depressing.

I keep referencing back to her Tumblr. My gosh she seems confused, depressed.

Note to self: Delete all photos, bookmarks, notes saved in computers, iPad & cell that pertain to Websleuths cases I follow. Heaven forbid I go missing or die someday and somebody comes across all these crazy cases I follow. I can't even imagine what they'd think! :biggrin:

Her tumblr is worrisome to me and could easily be accessed by someone with ill intentions.

I've also always told my older daughter to delete my history on my computer and tablets in case something happens to me too. Being a WS'er could freak people out. Lol. We got crazy stuff in our browser histories don't we??

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk HD

If Heather could be being held alive somewhere, one has to consider basements, sheds, garages, storage facilities...do any of the homes in SC have basements? (I wouldn;t think so, checking sea level, but thought I'd ask) TIA

Possible intended kidnapping for ransom? (more thinking out loud)

Yes I'm growing increasingly concerned about not only the safety of all of us locals but also the LE who have not served justice for these cases. I feel like they need to swallow their pride and realize it's over their heads.. This problem won't go away and make it a point to get someone involved in Heathers case now who has the skill, knowledge, And previous success rate to solve this and find her before someone else around the corner her loses a child.

Like that old saying.. "In America we lose our keys and our sunglasses but HOW do we lose our children"

It is sad how missing persons are investigated. The dang government has the answers but to solve cases they would have to admit they are watching more than they want us to think they are. They seem to pick out the Boston Marathon bomber in a large area and huge crowds fairly easily. But it seems that there are excuses about cameras when it comes down to missing persons? I would love to know the statistics on the success of cameras.

I'm wondering if Heather recently had any workers at her home for any reason (painting, carpet, repairs, furniture delivery, tile, plumbing, etc.)..Any remodeling, construction, landscaping projects going on where she lives?

Also, any chance she took her car to get fixed / detailed recently? (possible access to her keys?).

I keep referencing back to her Tumblr. My gosh she seems confused, depressed.

Note to self: Delete all photos, bookmarks, notes saved in computers, iPad & cell that pertain to Websleuths cases I follow. Heaven forbid I go missing or die someday and somebody comes across all these crazy cases I follow. I can't even imagine what they'd think! :biggrin:

I second your 'note to self'..............:)

O.M.G.

This post mortifies me. I am alot less hopeful now than I was. Is the car impounded now to search for evidence? So there are definitely no pictures of the car at the landing then.

That's depressing.

As far as we now, it was allowed for the parents to drive it home. According to a poster here on ws, Heather's parents felt something was wrong so her dad wore gloves when he drove it home so as not to damage potential evidence.

I was just wondering the same thing.

Re my bold... But what if a perp was waiting for her in her apartment, hidden, waiting for the right moment to snatch her? Maybe she was already changed by the time she exited her place. Or maybe she fell asleep after speaking with her roommate and a perp entered her place, held a knife or gun to her so she'd walk out without causing a commotion?
Has anyone said what floor HE and her roommate lived on?

Are helicopters searching the area? I was on my way to Tanger and saw a helicopter flying fairly low?

The local Myrtle Beach tourist helicopter company donated air time to LE for the search yesterday.

It begs the question - why?
my guess would be the perp was in a hurry and just wanted to get out of there. Having the car off to the side maybe took it out of sight from the road.I would think the car would have been pushed into the water destroying fingerprints. As I have written earlier I believe the perp(s) to be very familiar with the area. I don't believe HE drove the car there.

I just wanted to give a quick update that as I was driving down River Oaks just now I saw a handful of people searching. I wish there were more but I know this isn't organized by CUE so I understand.

There were A LOT of people searching yesterday. Horseback riders, ATVs, LE, Firefighters and CUE coordinated searchers. A LOT...

The metadata on her Tumblr RSS feed shows she last posted at 02:09:48 on Dec 18th. That's 2:09AM.

She spoke with her roommate around 3:00AM. Was it a voice call or texting?

As far as we now, it was allowed for the parents to drive it home. According to a poster here on ws, Heather's parents felt something was wrong so her dad wore gloves when he drove it home so as not to damage potential evidence.
Odd that he would have gloves with him don't you think?
btw ,was her cellphone recovered? car keys?

If Heather could be being held alive somewhere, one has to consider basements, sheds, garages, storage facilities...do any of the homes in SC have basements? (I wouldn;t think so, checking sea level, but thought I'd ask) TIA

Possible intended kidnapping for ransom? (more thinking out loud)
Coastal areas of SC do not have basements, we do however have attics.

The local Myrtle Beach tourist helicopter company donated air time to LE for the search yesterday.

That's so awesome! So happy to hear things like this, when a company selflessly donates to help a greater cause. People seem to really want to help in Heather's case. I say utilize all the help they can get.

Finally jumping in--I've been reading through the first thread trying to get up to speed.
<<snip>>
Thursday, Dec. 19 - Police received a call from a resident that there was a car unknown to the Socastee's neighborhood, strangely parked facing the water; and that the caller believed the car could have been there since Monday, the 16th.
<<snip>>

I went out yesterday for the search. There are no parking spaces at the landing. Actually, it would not look odd for a car to be there, facing the water. Several of the searchers parked all sorts of directions.

At first, I thought it was odd, too. After being there...not so much.

Odd that he would have gloves with him don't you think?

No idea, it's cold here in Jersey so I have gloves every time I exit my house. I hate a cold steering wheel. As far as Heather's dad wearing gloves, it's in a post here from somebody that knows the family. He could have asked le for gloves if he was questioning why they weren't taking the car for processing. Le always have those disposable rubber gloves on hand. Pure speculation, just an idea.

There were A LOT of people searching yesterday. Horseback riders, ATVs, LE, Firefighters and CUE coordinated searchers. A LOT...

When is the next search planned for, or does anyone know at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14