SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to say, I can feel the deep spirit and big heart of the south shining through in the locals' posts here. Aint no people or place like the South!!
(of course, I'm from Texas, so I'm a little biased...:))

There are always Master Keys out during construction of a large condo/apt/hotel project.

The GC always tries to collect them back in before the building is CO'ed but that rarely happens. 1 or 2 or 5 always..ALWAYS get overlooked.

Welcome BLKZ06 and all new members! Welcome Guests! :)

:welcome:

No one's mentioned heading home, Beba...Should be tommorow..

One of a half dozen snakes seen on today's search..
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1531643_10152154218037240_1632563316_n.jpg

Equestrian searchers;
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1488068_10152154215587240_659870357_n.jpg
Thanks Foxfire, I'm deathly afraid of snakes so I'm going to pass on opening those particular links. I can't say I'm surprised considering the weather hasn't sent them into hibernation yet. When do you think more information will be released to the public?

I wasn't out at all today so I'm curious how the posters that have been put up weathered all the rain we had last night and this morning?

I am thrilled Monica Caison is staying, that alone gives me faith that there is hope of finding HE.

I'm not sure where the info is coming from, but Heather did not carry a purse. She usually put her license, debt card etc in her pocket. The car was locked, no keys, no debit card, but her license was in the car. The car was not parked in a parking space, its as if she came there to meet someone and they were already pulled up with their car facing the road coming in , she just pulled up next to them, got out, locked her car and got in their car. This is why iim convinced this was an acquaintance. Im pretty sure the person she went on the date with is not a person of interest. I do believe knowing the identity of the former boyfriend would be the direction we need to be going in.

just seeing this; I hear you now, Jersey Girl re: the license, sorry I missed this when I posted earlier.

Hopefully, K.jill...

Morgan Harrington's family speak out about daughter's body being found
12:23 PM, Jan 28, 2010

"For the first time in 101 days I'm not thinking every minute, what is he doing to my daughter now?" says Gil.

The family made it a point from almost the beginning to never hide their feelings.

"I wanted it to be clear when you see us that our pain has been etched in our faces. Our sorrow has been carved into our hearts," says Gil.

While state police flew them over the property where a farmer found their daughter, Gil Harrington seemed to say they have seen Morgan's remains.

Gil says, "Having seen, I can tell you that girl had lovely bones."

Gil Harrington has used a metaphor before describing her family as going from a table with four legs down to a tripod with three. She used that metaphor at a press conference, too.

She says, "We will move on. We will find a way to be a family of three. You all have these tripods. They hold things. They're not as stable as a table but we can make a tripod work."
<sniped-read more>

IIRC MH was found on private property farmland?

Findheatherelvis facebook
18,554+ likes · 21,643+ talking about this

Websleuths Heather Elvis thread #1 & #2 total: posts 1200+ Views 52,500+

ver6f6.jpg

Here is a shot of the relative proximity of the gravel quarry (upper right) to the Landing (extreme left).

rml940.jpg

Relative locations and distances along Peachtree Road. HE's parents neighborhood is just off extreme bottom right corner for reference.

wlan85.jpg

Key locations near HE's residence.

Again, thank you DMiller70 for the great screenshots. :)

Just read on the findheatherelvis page that they're asking if anyone was around Peachtree Landing between 10 pm Tuesday, December 17th to 6 am Wednesday, December 18th so I'm guessing that this is the timeline that they're thinking her car ended up there.

There is a post from December 21st on the FHE fb that says there was a big bonfire on Wednesday the 18th or Thursday 19th night at the Peachtree landing.
https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis

After being out there, I seriously doubt there was a bonfire out there. Absolutely no evidence of a bonfire at Peachtree Landing.

FWIW, some of the searchers had a fire "bowl" yesterday. The leftover wood and ashes were still there today, AFTER the rains overnight and this morning. So, with no evidence of a bonfire and being able to see ashes after all the rain, I'd say that info is incorrect.

I still keep wondering if maybe she waded in and a critter got her. I know it's a little far-fetched but she seems like the type who would enjoy some soul searching out in the water by herself. JMO

I stuck my hands in that water a few times this weekend. It will take your breath away, it's so cold. Highly doubt anyone would wade into the water...for any purpose.

also why peachtree landing?? out of all the places in town to have her car turn up. she was last known to be at home far far from peach tree. the ramp seems like a convenient way to hide the car in water. there have been talks about perhaps peachtree was a hang out spot... I never hung out at that place! its dark and creepy as hell. maybe if you were a teen who didn't have a car and lived close by I can see that being a good spot to go with neighborhood friends and smoke weed in without getting caught. Even then though... nope. She was 20, not 15 and had left her old neighborhood by peachtree behind. if she was going back there it was to visit family or friends in their house.

hmmmmm.....

total speculation here... do we know what Jamie Lynn Cross did for a living? Looking back, I see that Heather Elvis, Amber Berbiglia, Susan DeLuca, all worked as servers... still looking for info on the others listed...

:bump:

It seems to be par for the course. If the national media was to get involved I do believe they'd have to show more accountability to the public. I respect that they can't compromise the investigation, it makes it very hard to feel safe in our community.
Cystal Todd was murdered in Conway, SC (part of Horry County), it was one of the most brutal murders in SC history. The police and media were much more forthcoming.

Was there an arrest in her case?

They need to watch the searches for suspicious activity to. The person responsible could always be part of them. Specially if whomever is responsible is local.

Absoluuuuuuuutely. We know from past cases that perps often participate in the searches, or insert themselves into the investigation someway or another.

15xk0t3.jpg

Here is a shot from Google Earth. Peachtree Landing is on the extreme right. One of those floating shacks I posted about earlier is on the extreme left (red arrow added by me).

That "houseboat" is turned on it's side. It's been abandoned for years...mostly underwater right now. Nonetheless, it was checked multiple times over the past several days.

Not saying this is of any significance whatsoever, but I noticed her roommate is listed as employed at another resort very close to Blue Harbor in May 2013...I wonder if she had any shady coworkers there?

Was there an arrest in her case?
Yes, Johnnie Register was convicted for her murder. My heart broke for her mother who thought Johnnie "Ken" Register was her daughter's best friend, he served as a pallbearer at her funeral. It happened in the early 90's but I've seen the case on tv and I'm sure it's still searchable via the internet. I was friends with one of the prosecutors, he was very disappointed Register didn't get the death penalty. If anyone deserved it, he certainly did.

..... Last seen on 501 in Marion County. Is this the same 501 as in Heather's case? If so, does anyone know the approximate distance between the two?

It's the same 501 & I'd say its roughly 40-50 miles from MB to the city of Marion... It takes between 45-60 mins to get there from here depending on how fast you're driving. It's an easy drive & a straight shot.

But if she is missing from Aynor... that's a small town at the far west of Horry County & pretty close to the halfway point btw MB & Marion.... so Aynor would be roughly 20-30 miles east of Marion.

:bump:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member