SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped
LE is never going to tell the public what they've discovered so far and what they are thinking and where any leads are, well, leading them. They may say a few things, but they never tell the public much, if anything. That is standard protocol. LE's job, along with solving cases, is to preserve the case so there can be legal resolution if a crime has been committed. The DA needs to have a clean case to take forward. Telling the public all the details of an ongoing investigation does not help protect a case.

This type of law enforcement practice and prosecutorial philosophy goes a long way in explaining why there's hundreds of thousands of unsolved homicides in the last few decades not to mention missing persons. They need to re-think the way they handle investigations, I feel there's room for improvement.

Just pure speculation & gut instinct, but from reading posts & comments from friends... It seems her family strongly believes someone knows something they aren't coming forward with... Which leads me to assume they are under the impression someone she personally knows is involved w/ her disappearance. & I noticed a person around her age commented that HE often parked her car places & hopped in the car with friends or people she knows to go somewhere else. I know I did that frequently when I was that age. I'd meet up with a friend & leave my car at point a & ride with a friend to point b. again pure brainstorming... But if she was seeing someone who was in another relationship, it would seem logical that she would meet up w/ him somewhere she wouldn't be seen getting into the car with him & she could have chosen that area bc shes familiar with it & no that it's unlikely she'd be seen.

I think, statistically-speaking, most missing persons are the result of someone the victim is acquainted with. I don't know if that is different for adults versus children, but stranger abductions, while certainly possible, don't comprise the majority.

I am talking about where they found the bones. The quote that I responded to sounded like LE and Cue weren't involved that it was independently searched.

That was an independent search. CUE had asked for that search to be called off for fear of contamination by our community. They may not have ruled that area out but certainly had not searched it or planned to at that point. Which is why the community stepped up and did (since it is next to Heather's apartment/condo)

One of the main issues we have here in Horry County is the sheer amount of undeveloped land West of Myrtle Beach. I have taken 4 wheelers all over WaterTower Rd, TideWater, etc...it is VAST, many areas uninhabited and it is heavily wooded with dense underbrush. Areas are accessible via small narrow cut in roads that seem to go on forever.

It would be very, very easy to hide a body or person, or whatever in these areas....its just staggering.

Do a Google Map overhead view of the Water Tower area...it is where Alice Donovan was disposed. If the killer hadn't told investigators where her body was, it would have never been found.

One of the main issues we have here in Horry County is the sheer amount of undeveloped land West of Myrtle Beach. I have taken 4 wheelers all over WaterTower Rd, TideWater, etc...it is VAST, uninhabited and it is heavily wooded with dense underbrush. It is accessible via small narrow cut in roads that seem to go on forever.

It would be very, very easy to hide a body or person, or whatever in these areas....its just staggering.

Do a Google Map overhead view of the Water Tower area...it is where Alice Donovan was disposed. If the killer hadn't told investigators where her body was, it would have never been found.

Agree, and consider all of the wetlands, rivers, creeks, inlets, bays and ocean, a tremendous area to dispose of evidence or someone. Sadly it benefits the perp.

I think, statistically-speaking, most missing persons are the result of someone the victim is acquainted with. I don't know if that is different for adults versus children, but stranger abductions, while certainly possible, don't comprise the majority.

That is very true, Madeleine. Most abductions/homicides are commited by persons known by the victim. The FBI statistics show that less than 1% of abductions are by strangers predators or slight acquaintances. There are at least two issues that I have with these statistics.

Sexual Predators/SKs are recidivist and many go years or decades before being apprehended. As in the FBI Highway Serial Killer initiative 2009, there are now 200+ POIs & 500+ possible victims identified across the USA. Were the years prior to 2009 stranger abduction/homicide statistics accurate?

Research how many wrongly convicted persons have been released from prison due to DNA technology upgrades...
Serial Killer Israel Keyes was arrested & then committed suicide in jail awaiting trial. IK traveled the US and was active for almost two decades. The FBI estimates that he had a dozen unknown victims, actual number unknown.
With 100,000+ missing/murdered persons in the US. The statistics are only estimates at best..imo...

I just went to the Carolina Forest library to pick up a book and asked if they would mind posting fliers and they called the county and said they would love to post them and would like to post some at all the Horry County libraries.

Having people be aware of what's around them and be alert is a great asset. If someone saw (or heard) something and then lets LE know, it can be a big help. Seeing pictures of the missing person is helpful as it may trigger a memory and then turn into a good tip or it may help narrow the timeline. The public can assist with searches and can help cover a wider area for ground searches and that too is very helpful. To me that is the value of the public.

While I personally wish I had been privy to the inner details of the cases I followed, I knew I wouldn't find out much until or unless there was a trial or there were legal documents (like affidavits or motions) filed with the court and then made public by the media. So I had to be patient and wait to see how it all unfolded.
I agree with you in regards of shaking out a witness from the public or getting personal info from a friend/co worker/associate. Otherwise the public as a whole following this or most cases will not solve it because of lack of inside info available only to LE.

I think it is very odd that he would have gloves, also if the car wasn't already unlocked and the keys weren't in it... How did he just drive it home? I hope they checked the trunk.. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't find it odd at all to have gloves on your person, especially if you are wearing a coat. If I'm wearing my winter coat, I always have gloves. If I'm wearing my fall coat, I have gloves, a different type of gloves, but I have them just in case it's unseasonably cold.

Jenna

Okay, pure speculation on my part but several bits of information I have read on here have me thinking.
The human remains were found near HE condo, right? What if while disposing of that body the perp saw HE. IIR, some where up thread there were several reports of a suspicious vehicle in that area that went back for several months. Could that have been the perp stocking HE?
If her mail was still going to her parents house because she recently moved into the condo, then my theory is probably incorrect. However, it is possible that she moved some time ago and just had some random thing show up at her parents house. I moved to my home in 2010 and still get mail at my parents house on occasion. Based on timing maybe a Christmas card from someone that did not have her condo's address.
With so many missing young ladies from that area, really all over the south east, I have long held the belief that there is a serial killer roaming about.

Praying for the Elvis family and Heather. I hope she is found safe but unfortunately it really doesn't look like a good outcome this time.

Happy New Year fellow WSer's!!!

Agree, and consider all of the wetlands, rivers, creeks, inlets, bays and ocean, a tremendous area to dispose of evidence or someone. Sadly it benefits the perp.

Many recovered victims are located by hunters, fishermen, hikers, cyclists, and other outdoors persons. When unrelated remains are located in a close geographical area, of the search for another missing person. Wonder what the odds/probability of this would be?

Don't know whose idea it was to search the area where the recent remains were located, but they either have very good instincts, a gift, or a guardian angel, imo..

Good triumphs evil....

I think HE dropped her car off at that boat ramp and got into whatever car was there. If the time line is correct and she was at her house from 155 am to 2 am. Then assume her phone went off at 3 am. Might take five minutes two ten minutes to meet this person down there so that puts you at 2 10am. Then I must assume the location from that point must not have taking very long to get too. That's going on what the timeline might be and if the car was left there on Wednesday.

Many recovered victims are located by hunters, fishermen, hikers, cyclists, and other outdoors persons. When unrelated remains are located in a close geographical area, of the search for another missing person. Wonder what the odds/probability of this would be?

Don't know whose idea it was to search the area where the recent remains were located, but they either have very good instincts, a gift, or a guardian angel, imo..

Good triumphs evil....

I read a story once of a killer in New Orleans who would go down to where he buried his victims and move their bodies everytime there was a planned search. So I often wonder if it would be better plan a search but keep it under wraps if that's possible.

That was an independent search. CUE had asked for that search to be called off for fear of contamination by our community. They may not have ruled that area out but certainly had not searched it or planned to at that point. Which is why the community stepped up and did (since it is next to Heather's apartment/condo)

This is not entirely accurate, but... Anyway, some bones were found. Hopefully, the scene was not contaminated should any criminal case come to trial. I would bet a defense attorney will certainly challenge the notion of inexperienced people with little or no training conducting an unsanctioned search on their own.

The GOOD news, and what we should focus on, is *IF* the bones are human, someone may get resolution to their loved ones whereabouts.

This is not entirely accurate, but... Anyway, some bones were found. Hopefully, the scene was not contaminated should any criminal case come to trial. I would bet a defense attorney will certainly challenge the notion of inexperienced people with little or no training conducting an unsanctioned search on their own.

The GOOD news, and what we should focus on, is *IF* the bones are human, someone may get resolution to their loved ones whereabouts.

Since you were on the searches and stuff. Is the location where these bones found in odd place to search. It almost sounds like someone new the bones were there.

Could you specify which part you see as NOT entirely accurate???????????????

Hopefully ID/COD/MOD can be determined.
According to the HCPS PIO, the bones had been there for years and scavengers had scattered them over a wide area. Contaminated?

Animal bones aren't sent to TX for DNA identification, imo.

One of the main issues we have here in Horry County is the sheer amount of undeveloped land West of Myrtle Beach. I have taken 4 wheelers all over WaterTower Rd, TideWater, etc...it is VAST, many areas uninhabited and it is heavily wooded with dense underbrush. Areas are accessible via small narrow cut in roads that seem to go on forever.

I'm not from the area, so I'm not positive I have the right location--yet, I can see exactly what you mean if this is on target.

2a5g09.jpg
http://goo.gl/maps/bWjKF

Hopefully ID/COD/MOD can be determined.
According to the HCPS PIO, the bones had been there for years and scavengers had scattered them over a wide area. Contaminated?

Animal bones aren't sent to TX for DNA identification, imo.

I believe they are fully aware they are human bones but don't want MSM going crazy just in case they are wrong. Likely they also don't want to get people like BD's parents and others missing loved ones for many years excited. If those were my daughters remains, I probably would want them to be somewhat secretive on it. Lots of rumors and crazy stories can get out of control fast on the internet.

JMO, MOO.

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

www.facebook.com/prayersforconnor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors