SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On WMBF news they said the newest missing woman is 36 and they mentioned her "caretaker," was this person mentally impaired?

If you go to FB "Horry County Police Department "Official Page" there is some information there. It does stat she has urgent medical needs and is without her medication.

This makes me INSANE... what is the population of MB, anyone? I can see the (still smallish) larger city I am near, holding a presser in this situation... however... my small, barely on the map county? I'm not so sure. Small, rural, backwoods boys. Ego, who ya know, keep visitors coming, etc...

Someone please remind me of who I'm thinking of as I read this case: teen (ish?) girl, rides around in car with 2 guys... did some drugs (nothing serious, IIRC) they killed her, "to see what it would be like" or something... body found by like, parents/gparents/some adult at a dam, and a clothing item was nearby... I wish I could remember this case better, I'm ashamed to say sometimes they blend together :-(

Here is the case:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-19-told-cops-did-wanted-know-feels-like.html

And that's just those we're aware of. These are always unreported and/or unpublished unpublicized cases no one hears of :(

There is a large population of homeless people here. You would be surprised at the number of people that come here and can't afford to get home and just wind up homeless here. I have thought a few times about the homeless in the area. If any could be a perp in any of these cases or if any could be victims that aren't reported.

Cuthbert Langley ‏@CLangleyWCBD 2h
The founder of the CUE Center for Missing Persons says the bones found in Horry Co will bring one of their families closure. #chsnews
Expand

Uh on the news just now there was a weird part where they said "At a woman's house, there's a barn outside." I'm not sure that was supposed to be broadcast.

Also, they just said that it was an independent search for Heather Elvis that turned up these skeletal remains.

Uh on the news just now there was a weird part where they said "At a woman's house, there's a barn outside." I'm not sure that was supposed to be broadcast.

Also, they just said that it was an independent search for Heather Elvis that turned up these skeletal remains.

Was this said in reference to finding the skeletal remains?
I'm confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nine unsolved missing
/murdered persons investigations in Myrtle Beach/Horry County, SC, in the last eight years...and who knows about how many victims are missing/murdered in the adjacent counties?

Imo, it is past time to form a Task Force including the FBI BAU2, US Marshals, HSA, State & Local LEAs..
Dillon County county is very dangerous with rapes, murders and gang violence. Timmonsville has no police protection. There are many crime ridden areas in and near Horry County.

I agree with you, it's past time to reach for outside help to find Heather Elvis, Jamie Cross and now Rachel Provow.
As residents we need to go to county and city council meetings and demand changes. Our safety is at risk, some of our tax dollars need to spent on more officers and efficient training for situations involving missing persons. We are in danger, our children are at risk, nothing is more important than human life.

Was this said in reference to finding the skeletal remains?
I'm confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was during a transition into the video of the coroner speaking about the bones but it was an off-screen voice and it wasn't part of the video of the coroner that I know of because that clip was shown about 3 times in the newscast and that was the only time I heard that part.

That Twitter post was FALSE. The young lady just nonchalantly posted a response to Heather's aunt that said she was sorry she had the wrong info but that she's been posting her picture. Wth?

If that were my kid, they'd be reprimanded. Seriously.

Also, the poster that said they thought this Twitter gal might be in HS looks to be correct. The link to this twitter conversation needs to be deleted as this person isn't a poi or victim. It's against tos.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=988568#.UsH8jPRDsuc

Brittanee Drexel's mother speaks after skeletal remains discovered
by Marc Liverman
Posted: 1 hr, 8 mins ago

I think they have found more maybe personal items. Dawn seems to keep stating it will bring her to another chapter of this case. Plus Monica's statement it will bring "closure" to one of "their" families. How would Monica know it is the remains of one of the MPs they have been searching for.

Prolly unrelated to the Heather Elvis case but due to her car being at Peachtree Landing. The thought of a ruse(police imposter) did cross my mind a couple of times.. Reference the Google Map link below..

Springdale, SC - Police imposter..Violent sexual assault of college coed earlier this week
http://www.wistv.com/video?clipid=9455504&autoStart=true (VIDEO)

Note: The SPD PIO actually holds a press conference to update the public & provides a sketch and vehicle description to BOLO..

https://www.google.com/maps/preview...f13.1!5m2!13m1!1e1!7m4!11m3!1m1!1e1!2b1&fid=0

People pass rumors via Twitter all the time. Use caution in repeating what is claimed there. If that's true, we'll know in a short time through LE.

Especially HS kids. So much harmful gossip. So totally NOT COOL.

Thank you for verifying what poster HCLocal said in forum earlier.

Again, KUDOS to the independent searchers!

I think an ex-bf or an obsessed restaurant goer is the likely culprit. She had a date with a new guy and goes missing after due to jealousy. It could be someone she only knew from work. Someone who always asked to be seated in her section. Someone who though she was "his" in his fantasy world.

Prolly unrelated to the Heather Elvis case but due to her car being at Peachtree Landing. The thought of a ruse did cross my mind a couple of times..

Springdale, SC - Police imposter..Violent sexual assault of college coed earlier this week
http://www.wistv.com/video?clipid=9455504&autoStart=true (VIDEO)

Note: The SPD PIO actually holds a press conference to update the public & provides a sketch and vehicle description to BOLO..

https://www.google.com/maps/preview...f13.1!5m2!13m1!1e1!7m4!11m3!1m1!1e1!2b1&fid=0

If Heather had been drinking that night she would've been especially compliant in the presence of law enforcement, and might not have found it strange to be "pulled over" to such a desolate area.. Let's hope this is not what happened.

Eternal reminder that you have the right to wait until you're in a safe place to pull over! Signal them, let them know they're not about to have to give chase to you, and wait for a well lit exit, call the non-emergency line to verify it's a real police officer, etc etc!

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=988568#.UsH8jPRDsuc

by Marc Liverman
Posted: 1 hr, 8 mins ago

From your link:
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=988568#.UsIFw8u9KSN

by Marc Liverman
Posted: 1 hr, 48 mins ago

Snipped:
On Monday afternoon, Horry County Coroner Robert Edge confirmed to WPDE NewsChannel 15 that the remains found are human and that they will first be sent to an anthropologist in Charleston to determine the gender and then they will be sent to a lab in Texas to determine the identity.

Snipped:
This past weekend Dawn Drexel received a call from law enforcement. "She had said that they had found some skeletal remains and it does, it to me, it kind of puts a pit in your stomach, you know, could this be it," Dawn Drexel said.

QUESTION: Why was Dawn contacted by le before they found out the gender of the bones? What about if the bones are male? Then did Dawn really need that call? Just sayin'... Is it possible some clothing, wallet, purse, something leaning toward feminine was found on or near the bones?

From your link:
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=988568#.UsIFw8u9KSN

snipped

QUESTION: Why was Dawn contacted by le before they found out the gender of the bones? What about if the bones are male? Then did Dawn really need that call? Just sayin'... Is it possible some clothing, wallet, purse, something leaning toward feminine was found on or near the bones?

That must have been the case.. I recall a number of discoveries like this where the families of missing people went on record without being contacted by LE. There always seems to be an article like "family of so-and-so hopeful after discovery...", ending with a disclaimer that LE hasn't commented on the identity at all.

I would imagine LE is swamped with calls from well-meaning and heartbroken people alike in times like these. Fueling the rumor fire doesn't seem like it'd be in anyone's best interest.

That must have been the case.. I recall a number of discoveries like this where the families of missing people went on record without being contacted by LE. There always seems to be an article like "family of so-and-so hopeful after discovery...", ending with a disclaimer that LE hasn't commented on the identity at all.

I would imagine LE is swamped with calls from well-meaning and heartbroken people alike in times like these. Fueling the rumor fire doesn't seem like it'd be in anyone's best interest.

Well if those bones turn out to be Brittanee, knowing they were found while searching for another missing petite gal, one can only wonder if its related to something bigger.

LISK - one partial set of bones uncovered masses, opening a huge investigation into several missing women & 1 cross dressing male - all murdered & disposed of like garbage on LI.

AC - same thing but possibility of relating to LISK.

Daytona - still ongoing.

Multiple others.

What is the name of the woods where these bones were found? Does anyone maybe have the coordinates or near approximate locale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990