SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlikely that foul play was involved? Wouldn't that statement rule out that they were animal bones?
* Read comments. A couple were deleted.. Ironic, that we were just discussing scavenger birds yesterday..

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=988179#.UsBqLfRDsuf
<sniped from article & BBM for focus>>
Horry County Police are conducting an investigation to confirm if the remains are human or not.

The skeletal remains appear to have been there for quite some time, possibly several years, according to Kegler.

The remains were scattered as if an animal had possibly moved them around in a wooded area, said Kegler.

As of right now police say it's unlikely that foul play was involved.

Scattered by an animal. Don't expect foul play. So they just got there by random chance.

<reminds me of :rose: Dylan :rose:...his bones just "appeared on that mountain"> jmo

Beba.. I cannot imagine HElvis going to PTL willingly. I have asked my daughters what they have heard over the years about PTL..they both said it is rumored to be a hang out for young people/those still in high school to drink or smoke. My oldest has friends who live down Peachtree..they said the place is deserted after midnight.

I remember reading a couple posts wondering if Heather was going there to meet someone to party.. Heather did not live with her parents, her roommate was out of town so she had the condo all to herself.. not reason for her to be meeting someone there to party or to score.

I can't believe she'd go there willingly unless someone called her and said they had car trouble and needed a jump. It seems like someone knew HE worked late and would be awake, they possibly asked her to meet them there, maybe they were thinking her roommate was still in town. I think that's why so much emphasis is being focused at PTL instead of her apartment.

Everything above~Correct. Also, Heather would NEVER drive to a place such as PTL to meet anyone at that time of the morning~and, certainly not alone.

:bump:

Thank you so much for joining us here, LadyHawkke. I know it can't be easy to have to read some of these speculative posts, but please know its all in an effort to help find Heather.

Luckyladee...My daughter works for a defense attorney in MB , the muggings on the boulevard and at the hotels, car jackings and muggings at the Walmart on Seaboard St. that do no make the news is unbelievable. She lives in one of the newer, nicer housing developments in Socastee.. in the last year , there have been several cars broken into, burlaries and vandalism and there have been 3 home invasions less than 2 miles from her home. None of this reported in the news

Just from experience the only other time I would go out at 3 am at that age to meet someone in a secluded area was to buy something illegal. Not to say that was the case here but it was always in a secluded area when it did happen.

Escape2sc yep you'll never hear any of it. I dont think we have anymore crime then any other town with the same number of people , its just they want to protect their image.

I just want to say, for you locals, it might seem odd, some of us mapping from a far, with no personal knowledge of the area. But I do think its good to have people from the "outside looking in", in addition to people on the "inside looking out". Both can be 2 different perspectives. (I know what both are like). Sometimes it can be helpful with those from the "outside looking in" because it can be easier for us to see the forest from the trees. I think its great to have a team effort going, as we do. Locals and non locals. Lots of great members on Heather's board. I'm seeing some of WS' finest here, both posting and lurking. :) jmo

I know it might seem secluded to most people but to locals its not. Peachtree isnt that long of a road , yes its dark,but kids now downs dont think of things happening to them . I can so see a kid meeting their friend there, if the person lived right in that area and for some reason you couldnt meet them at their house. Maybe they had someone they lived with that didnt know-about heather or whatever.

Margarita25 your absolutely right. I just want my friends daughter found, and im sure everyone else helping on here only want the same!

Luckyladee...My daughter works for a defense attorney in MB , the muggings on the boulevard and at the hotels, car jackings and muggings at the Walmart on Seaboard St. that do no make the news is unbelievable. She lives in one of the newer, nicer housing developments in Socastee.. in the last year , there have been several cars broken into, burlaries and vandalism and there have been 3 home invasions less than 2 miles from her home. None of this reported in the news

You better have your head on a swivel, a gun in your pocket, or be with 5 friends if you visit the Seaboard Walmart after 10pm.

Same thing if you decide to take a walk on our "family" beaches after 11pm.

I'm sorry it seems off topic, and I apologize to the mods.

But, in many ways it is on-topic. There is a huge seedy criminal underground here in Horry County.

Its not the family, friendly, wholesome city and area the politicians and tourist-dependent entities want you to believe it is.

Since there are so many locals here now, which is sooo awesome btw, I want to also mention FWIW that I remember from Jessica Ridgeway's case how much each local's interpretations, perspectives and opinions can vary among each others'. I did not necessarily agree with every local's posts all the time, for example, whether they consider a place dangerous or not, ideal local routes, etc. Just want to say this is natural and that all opinions and differing interpretations are welcome and all part of the process. jmo

Unlikely that foul play was involved? Wouldn't that statement rule out that they were animal bones?
* Read comments. A couple were deleted.. Ironic, that we were just discussing scavenger birds yesterday..

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=988179#.UsBqLfRDsuf
<sniped from article & BBM for focus>>
Horry County Police are conducting an investigation to confirm if the remains are human or not.

The skeletal remains appear to have been there for quite some time, possibly several years, according to Kegler.

The remains were scattered as if an animal had possibly moved them around in a wooded area, said Kegler.

As of right now police say it's unlikely that foul play was involved.

Skeletal remains, likely there several years and they say its unlikely foul play. Either they suspect it is suicide from a known suicidal person or they are talking through their hats.

I'm thinking along the same lines, Wondergirl. So he'd have to have a light for the water, no? Are there houses at all along the river? Being that close to Christmas, maybe somebody was awake from a holiday party, or wrapping presents or something...anything. Is there a possibility a light was noticed on the waterway late at night when Heather went missing? Could a boat have been stowed but hidden? Is it possible Heather was targeted, maybe by a patron when she was working or just somebody that saw her in a mall or something?

J*G there was an enormous full moon that night and the skies were clear. I was amazed at how bright it was!

Many, many thanks to all the locals for helping us WSers explore the geographical and regional circumstances of the area. It is vitally important to get a "feel" for Heather's situation.

Do we know where her phone last pinged? Who she last talked to according to records and not the parents? Sorry if this has already been asked, I just took in A LOT of information at once.

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

www.facebook.com/prayersforconnor

I think an ex-bf or an obsessed restaurant goer is the likely culprit. She had a date with a new guy and goes missing after due to jealousy. It could be someone she only knew from work. Someone who always asked to be seated in her section. Someone who though she was "his" in his fantasy world.

'Although the following is sniped from a multi-disciplinary Symposium in San Antonio, TX, in 2005 concerning serial murder. Much of the information and guidelines could & should also be used in high profile missing persons cases, imo'.

MEDIA MANAGEMENT

Serial murder cases are inherently newsworthy. Some investigations last for years. Many attract attention because of the type of victims involved, and in others the serial killers themselves are media-attractive. Media attention is exacerbated by the insatiable demands of the twenty-four-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week news reporting industry. The constant news attention on the investigation inevitably results in conflicts with law enforcement.
Often the relationship between law enforcement and the media is not a close one. In some law enforcement agencies, there is a long history of distrust and resentment underpinning this relationship. From the law enforcement perspective, the media publishes unauthorized information from investigations, hypothesizes on investigative progress, and uses talking heads to critique the investigative efforts. From the media&#8217;s standpoint, law enforcement withholds too much information and does not communicate adequately with the media. It is counterproductive for law enforcement to sustain contentious relationships with the media, while attempting to develop an overall strategy for a successful serial murder investigation. The only party who benefits from this negative relationship is the serial murderer, who may continue to avoid detection. A respectful, cooperative relationship between law enforcement and the media will serve the missions of both.

It becomes essential for law enforcement personnel involved in a serial murder investigation to design and implement an effective media plan. The plan should provide timely information on a regular basis, without compromising the investigative endeavors. It is essential for media releases to be closely coordinated with investigative strategies. This helps determine the best times to both educate and solicit information from the public concerning certain aspects of the investigation. Once a media plan is established, law enforcement can be more proactive than reactive in its media strategy..

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder/serial-murder-1

Serial Murder

Behavioral Analysis Unit-2
National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime
Critical Incident Response Group
Federal Bureau of Investigation

I haven't been down Peachtree Road in years and am sure there has been a lot of development in that area . I still cannot imagine why Heather would meet someone at the landing, when there are so many other places near her Condo and in Socastee to meet someone without turning off Dick Pond Road and traveling to the landing.
Certainly respect the viewpoints from the other locals and do not intend to offend them with my viewpoints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654