SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #20 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. TM , I tjink will say anything , lies included just to save her sorry butt. SM is the weak link I thimk. He may very well spill the truth.

I think LE has made really good progress on this case. They have alot of text etc also I bet to use against them. I think its very possible LE will find her.

Seriously, why would one of her own FB BFFs post His & Her mugshots for all the other friends who may have missed it? Seems very unFriendly if you ask me.

I said the same.

Catching up is hopeless. :tantrum: Guess I'll just continue here.

I feel like this case would be a dream for a lawyer. For one thing, it's high-profile, and there's a possibility the trial could be picked up by HLN as it has many factors they like, plus possible 48 Hours, Dateline, etc afterwards. Two, a case with just a kidnapping charge or a no-body murder case are both extremely rare, so the lawyers might be able to become a talking head on the cable shows to give their input whenever a no-body case/possibility comes up. Or maybe there will studies about no-body cases, and the lawyer can comment for it. Lastly, I don't think a conviction on a kidnapping or no-body case is a slam dunk at all, so there's the possibility the lawyer could win the case.

So were the lawyers for Tammy and Sidney randomly chosen? Do you think that other lawyers are trying to get them to drop their current lawyers, and hire them instead?

Though I agree that a 'no-body' murder trial is not a slam dunk, I don't think they're as rare as they once were. Advances in forensics as well as increased public surveillance has made even trying someone for murder without a body more possible...and these cases are being won! It takes strong, compelling evidence (even if circumstantial) and a ballsy prosecuter. Then it's up to a jury made up of people like you and I.

Though I agree that a 'no-body' murder trial is not a slam dunk, I don't think they're as rare as they once were. Advances in forensics as well as increased public surveillance has made even trying someone for murder without a body more possible...and these cases are being won! It takes strong, compelling evidence (even if circumstantial) and a ballsy prosecuter. Then it's up to a jury made up of people like you and I.

I do think they need some sort of proof of death/bloodshed, though, or for several years to have passed. Many people just don't believe in murder without a body. Even cases with a body, but without a definitive cause of death are difficult, as we know. JMO also most people are not "like us" here at WS, lol. Many are just plain folks who kind of understand DNA now, but want facts or things they can see or listen to. All JMO

haven't read every thread yet, but have a question.

Is it possible HE went out to meet SM that night, and they got followed and caught by TM? TM then deletes HE , goes to her hubby gets him to have sex with her in public places so she has an alibi (or thinks she is creating one anyway) ... All this time SM has nonclue HE. Has been deleted by his wife...???

HE is reported missing TM plays dumb, dumb to hubby ???

I do think they need some sort of proof of death/bloodshed, though, or for several years to have passed. Many people just don't believe in murder without a body. Even cases with a body, but without a definitive cause of death are difficult, as we know. JMO also most people are not "like us" here at WS, lol. Many are just plain folks who kind of understand DNA now, but want facts or things they can see or listen to. All JMO

Oh, I hear you...I'm just saying it's not as unheard of as it used to be. Prosecuters are becoming more willing to take these cases to trial because they are being won across the country...

I think TM is her own worse enemy. Everything was just fantasy and stories. And by using social media to fullfill her need for attention, well there is plenty of things she posted that can be used against her. Social media has been used many times in trials, successfully.

I wonder how the other women welcomed her in jail? Thimk she mad new friends? :drumroll:

according to the following link the former blarney has same address as TK

http://www.yelp.com/biz/blarney-stones-irish-pub-and-cigar-martini-bar-myrtle-beach

That's weird.

The only reason I know it's an error is because I live here in MB. I used to go to Blarney Stones frequently (hate it's replacement, btw) and I've been to Tilted Kilt on numerous occasions. I did find a link though that talks about Blarney's transition into Rodeo.

http://www.mbvisit.com/go/nightlife...cle_13969878-8410-11e1-a447-001a4bcf6878.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if they never add a murder charge? A trial for just kidnapping (where the victim has not been recovered) has to be extremely rare.

I did research earlier, and I was able to find 3 cases in Horry County in the past 25 years where it was a no-body murder trial.

As a cautionary tale, I hope parents of young women in the age range of 17 - 24 take the opportunity to instill (or re-instill) why it's very, very bad to ever get romantically involved with a married person. Morals aside, you just never know who's on the other side of that relationship and what they might do when they find out. And they will eventually find out!

While it's not okay for the married spouse to cheat and violence is never acceptable, playing with fire can have some horrific consequences for the young woman (or young man) who chooses to get involved with someone else's spouse. And on top of that innocent children are often in the mix and it's completely unfair to them.

If there's anything to be learned from the sad tale of HE it should be passed along where maybe/hopefully some other young adult will avoid a similar situation. No one ever thinks such a thing could happen to them but it can. HE was not a child, she was a young woman. Had she committed a crime she would be charged as an adult. She was an adult. She made some horrible life decisions and those decisions led her to a dangerous and fatal outcome. It's not fair, but there is a lesson to be learned.

Seriously, why would one of her own FB BFFs post His & Her mugshots for all the other friends who may have missed it? Seems very unFriendly if you ask me.

Not dealing with the sharpest tools in the shed ,IYKWIM.

ps..scary part is ,most are relatives....

I think TM is her own worse enemy. Everything was just fantasy and stories. And by using social media to fullfill her need for attention, well there is plenty of things she posted that can be used against her. Social media has been used many times in trials, successfully.

I wonder how the other women welcomed her in jail? Thimk she mad new friends? :drumroll:

Maybe her cell-mate will share her passion for all things Disney!

As a cautionary tale, I hope parents of young women in the age range of 17 - 24 take the opportunity to instill (or re-instill) why it's very, very bad to ever get romantically involved with a married person. Morals aside, you just never know who's on the other side of that relationship and what they might do when they find out. And they will eventually find out!

While it's not okay for the married spouse to cheat and violence is never acceptable, playing with fire can have some horrific consequences for the young woman (or young man) who chooses to get involved with someone else's spouse. And on top of that innocent children are often in the mix and it's completely unfair to them.

If there's anything to be learned from the sad tale of HE it should be passed along where maybe/hopefully some other young adult will avoid a similar situation. No one ever thinks such a thing could happen to them but it can.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Hey all,
I've been sitting back watching you all do a great job sleuthing for quite some time...thought I better come out of hiding sooner or later!

Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome6::greetings::welcome4:

I meant NO disrespect on kids ... Praying for them!! Sorry :( I'm a mommy of 3 so I have utmost compassion and empathy.

Can anyone find a kidnapping case that went to trial without a body, or murder charges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier