SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #20 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not dealing with the sharpest tools in the shed ,IYKWIM.

ps..scary part is ,most are relatives....

Yes, I've seen some of these nuts on another missing person's page blasting TE because he isn't actively helping that page admin with funds, printing, and advice. They don't even get that he is most likely overwhelmed with his own missing daughter. And these nuts attack anyone who dares point that out.

The weekend of January 10th was the half marathon that Sidney participated in. I think that was the last Disney trip.

So they would have had to keep her hidden all that time if they waited for the Disney trip to stash her somewhere?

I really hope she is found.

Any insight on why these are kidnapping and not murder charges? Do any of you expect an "upgrade" in these charges?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they almost have to add murder, IMO. At that point, the suspects are free to prove she is alive, if she is being hidden instead, JMO.

Melanie Goodwin was the victim in the video surveillance case I was talking about earlier. Video of him setting fire to car with her in it and pictures he took of himself on her camera. :(

I am happy to learn of these arrests today.

Now.... Where is Heather? :(

Ok well I am new here! I have been lurking for a bit but felt inclined to join :). I have read the rules but please let me know if any of this isn't allowed. I hadn't question and this May have been covered before... We know from reports about the cell records. My question is that phones obviously ping when data is sent/received BUT today most smart phones also have GPS and it is my understanding that this GPS can be tracked even if the phone is not pinging. The GPS should be able to be traced up until the moment a phone is destroyed or battery removed. So if this is correct, LE could know the location that phone was turned off? Maybe someone who knows about this kind of thing could elaborate

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/loc...722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

IMO Cell and GPS are different connections.
Cell connects to the voice/data cell towers nearest to the unit, always on to connect a call.
GPS connects to specific satellites directly.
most GPS enabled phones you can disable the GPS feature to save battery power. Or enable it for better locational tracking by the unit for an app (google maps). But the cell voice is always on to connect a call.
Confusion comes when cell/voice traffic may get uploaded to satellites to connect a call depending on the route, but nor on the GPS link.
GPS is verrrry accurate if enabled. I took a boating navigation course when GPS was released replacing LORAN, till then only the military had it. The instructor said that (and backed up now) GPS was accurate to 50 feet on the earth surface. And that was GPS 1. The military has GPS down to less than 10 feet.
IMO if the only reference is the cell ping then the direction to the cell could be determined but only within a few miles of the unit.

Maybe they are waiting to see who startsbtalking first, then add the murder charges.

I would be interested in family property in Florida. Maybe that is where they trasported HE.

Melanie Goodwin was the victim in the video surveillance case I was talking about earlier. Video of him setting fire to car with her in it and pictures he took of himself on her camera. :(

How horrific. :cry:

But thank goodness for surveillance. Criminals really are dumb. I would love to know why TM and SM thought they wouldn't be SEEN. :facepalm:

In reference to one of the IE charges - could it be that one of those charges stems from the Moorer's changing clothes outside and it just so happened a camera caught them.
For example they drove behind a building stripped down, cleaned up, and bagged their clothes to prevent carrying any of Heather's DNA or trace back home...and all the while they did this in a cameras field of view?? This is just a thought. Is that even plausible?
The word sexual was used in MSM.

There's a small part of me that is worried that LE charged them both with kidnapping, in the hopes they will get a confession out of one of them, desperate for a deal. But if no one will speak up, they will have to drop the kidnapping charge. (Assuming the evidence they are relying on would be provided by one of the Moorers confessing).

Maybe they are waiting to see who startsbtalking first, then add the murder charges.

I would be interested in family property in Florida. Maybe that is where they trasported HE.

Is it a fact there is family property down there? Or is this speculation?

I have missed a lot today, so just checking. :seeya:

I think they almost have to add murder, IMO. At that point, the suspects are free to prove she is alive, if she is being hidden instead, JMO.

They don't have to prove anything, unfortunately. The State (or Commonwealth) has the sole burden to prove she's been murdered. They don't have to say a word.

I just wanted to point this out. Sidney's court record has 9:00 am for court tomorrow not 10:00 am. Tammy's new charge for kidnapping doesn't have a time listed yet for court tomorrow. hmmm

Moorer, Sidney Stclair Bond Hearing Event 02/24/2014-09:00

http://publicindex.sccourts.org/horry/publicindex/

Thanks for the "heads up" on the time of SM's hearing tomorrow...:seeya:

And... Interesting that there is no time indicated for TM's hearing... :waitasec:

Is it a fact there is family property down there? Or is this speculation?

I have missed a lot today, so just checking. :seeya:

I thought someone had mentioned a while back that TM's father has/had property there

There's a small part of me that is worried that LE charged them both with kidnapping, in the hopes they will get a confession out of one of them, desperate for a deal. But if no one will speak up, they will have to drop the kidnapping charge. (Assuming the evidence they are relying on would be provided by one of the Moorers confessing).

Or charge them both with murder? That might have an effect...I think if they believe they can prove they took Heather, it is logical to assume they killed her, since everything about her stopped on that date. It depends on what they have for the kidnapping charge. JMO

How horrific. :cry:

But thank goodness for surveillance. Criminals really are dumb. I would love to know why TM and SM thought they wouldn't be SEEN. :facepalm:

It was hard to watch. I'm pretty sure she was deceased, but still ... She was someone's beautiful daughter and I cried. No one deserves that! I don't know that this is the case with them, but it's possible. I just hope there is enough to prosecute and bring Heather home to her family.

heehee, so cute! :heart:

(cluciano's avatar)

:cat:

They don't have to prove anything, unfortunately. The State (or Commonwealth) has the sole burden to prove she's been murdered. They don't have to say a word.

Of course they don't...but sometimes the charge of murder can scare someone into,talking, especially if they know the person isn't dead. One might be compelled to say where she is, it was all a mistake, etc.... & IMO

It was hard to watch. I'm pretty sure she was deceased, but still ... She was someone's beautiful daughter and I cried. No one deserves that! I don't know that this is the case with them, but it's possible. I just hope there is enough to prosecute and bring Heather home to her family.

The thought alone is unbearable. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member