SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #21 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way LE is using the term "direct evidence" is different than the legal meaning of the term. They are probably referring to physical evidence or forensic evidence that links HE to the M's home or property (property could also be a vehicle).

In pure legal terms, physical evidence and forensic evidence is also "circumstantial evidence." That is often confused by most people. Direct evidence consists of the following: eyewitness to the murder or a confession to the murder. Everything else is "circumstantial" evidence. Both are given equal weight in a court of law.

Regarding them getting the death penalty, my opinion is that won't happen. There are 3 children caught in the middle of this mess. Throwing one or both parents onto death row is not something undertaken lightly and I would be very surprised if the DA went that route. I also can't imagine the Elvis family would be in favor of that because of the impact on the 3 kids who will no longer see their parents outside of a prison. Remember the youngest is 8 yrs old. And, when considering the DP, the DA will weigh this crime against others. Is this crime and are these criminals the "worst of the worst?" It's horrible, but no. Killing multiple people is considered worse. Killing a young child is considered worse. The DP is for the worst of the worst. This case is tragic, no doubt about it, but as far as crimes go, it's more common than not. There are no priors -- no prior felonies, no prior murders. All those things are considered. It's not an emotional decision, it's made using a set of factors.

And in regards to the wording of the murder charge, it's standard verbiage for a first degree charge. Still has to be proved in a court of law. "Malice aforethought" means it wasn't an accident--that the Moorer's intended to cause bodily harm to Heather and then did so. First degree murder involves premeditation. Second degree murder involves malice but no premeditation. I don't know exactly which charge they're getting or what a jury will have to decide. All in good time...

I live in a death penalty state and have seen these scumbags beg for stays and appeals up to the last second. It's a beautiful thing.

As for the bible, I'm God fearing and God praising. I volunteer to 'press the button' and explain it to my maker when my time comes. He knows what's in my heart.

I knew I liked your posts for a reason :seeya:

From NG's FB:

Arrests just go down in the case of missing girl Heather Elvis. The young beauty suddenly vanishes after she goes on a date, but now cops say they have arrested a couple with an “open relationship.” Was the missing hostess murdered in a deadly threesome? #FindHeather www.HLNtv.com/Nancy

The Moorers don't deserve the death penalty, they should live with what they did for the rest of their miserable lives, while their children grow up without them.

I feel bad for their kids and hope they can get enough help to live a productive and fulfilling life.

Seems as though the mail carrier was correct about a pool being there at one time. Google maps don't show it but, Bing Maps & Rand McNally do (or at least it looks like a pool to me).

c7s5y.jpg

Link: http://bit.ly/1k6qicN

313ssuu.jpg

Link: http://binged.it/1mtxrFy

ETA: At the links you have to zoom in on aerial/satellite shots to get a closer view.

Could the mail carrier mistook a hot tub for a pool ? I think the gazebo in that corner is over a hot tub.

I disagree, I think he is scared because he was caught and knows he is going to prison!!

Watching their social media sites and how they conducted themselves, I think those two convinced each other they were smarter than LE.

I don't think SM used social media. If he did, I don't think it was the ones I looked at with his name attached to it. So I don't know where he is on all of this. I haven't heard a peep from him except when he answered the door to the one reporter and said he couldn't answer questions and was having a crappy day.
TM in contrast, was everywhere and it was apparent she thought she was smarter than LE.

I know people want the case/trial to get more national attention, but seeing how NG is describing the case, makes me wonder if it's a good thing. Deadly threesome? Open relationship? What sort of narrative are they going to be selling the public? Kind of worried the media is going to make Heather out to whatever they want her to be.

"Deadly threesome"? :facepalm:

Sensationalist much?

This was my birthday and the best gift I could have received, an affidavit for murder 1 for both Ms, that is the best gift except finding Heather.

I'm reading like mad to catch up, but had to stop when I read your post - Happy Birthday, ShareTheLight!!!

I know people want the case/trial to get more national attention, but seeing how NG is describing the case, makes me wonder if it's a good thing. Deadly threesome? Open relationship? What sort of narrative are they going to be selling the public? Kind of worried the media is going to make Heather out to whatever they want her to be.

I don't need a televised trial. Especially if HLN carries it...JMO

You probably can buy it ;)

Hahaha! My next Halloween costume! I'm pretty sure I could get her over the top way of talking down if I rehearse ;). OT - I've always wanted to see Reese Witherspoon do Nancy Grace on SNL.

What is NG calling this duo? I dont have HLN

Sent from my N800 using Tapatalk

I don't think SM used social media. If he did, I don't think it was the ones I looked at with his name attached to it. So I don't know where he is on all of this. I haven't heard a peep from him except when he answered the door to the one reporter and said he couldn't answer questions and was having a crappy day.
TM in contrast, was everywhere and it was apparent she thought she was smarter than LE.

He has a FB page, but likely didn't actually post anything on it. TM probably did, acting as him.

https://www.facebook.com/2DisneyKidsInLove4ever?fref=ts

I do wonder if some sick stuff will come out at trial. Maybe they tied HE up and had sex in front of her or both had sex with her before they killed her. I could see TM doing either as revenge.Im wondering if the indecent exp charges dont stem from something like this maybe caught on camera.

JMO, but NG had to choose the sickest angle...and trying ti make it into a "threesome"? Sick.

Interesting considering TM says she thinks just like NG, not to mention that she thinks NG should be president.

What is NG calling this duo? I dont have HLN

Sent from my N800 using Tapatalk

I have been flipping between The Voice & NG. I haven't seen her talk about them yet. First it was Hailey Owens, now it's George Zimmerman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zandylee07