SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #21 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
we never did hear anything about the "finance discrepancies" of the search warrant

I won't be surprised when this story ends up on "Wicked Attraction", "Mainstreet Mysteries", "I'll Kill For You", "Scorned: Love Kills", "Deadly Affairs", "Snapped" and a plethora of other true crime docudramas. This story is insane.

Poor Heather.

Some of the posters were watching a live streaming and commenting. One said he was unhappy or whatever with his confinement. This article doesn't give that same information but it is interesting.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24810...d-for-the-first-time-in-front-of-elvis-family

Kind of explains the logic for waiving bond.

Thanks, Bittiness!:seeya:'

Jeez... He has taken a young girl's life ... And yet he is disgruntled with his "accommodations"...

Makes me sick... :sick:

Sorry, I'm WAY behind on this thread. But I had to post a little belly laugh:

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24810241/who-are-sidney-and-tammy-moorer

"Tammy Moorer has told police that she lost her job recently because she is tied to the case. It's not clear what Tammy Moorer did before her job loss..."

.... ummm?? Tammy? You had a job? Income? Did you pay taxes? And can additional charges be filed when the answer (again) is not in your favor?

Google: photographers in Myrtle Beach. That's about 5% of the Myrtle Beach population right there. So Tammy? You're not making bank on photography.
A flooded market + your crappy sony camera = giving away free photo shoots
Or... as the CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach facebook page indicated (before being shut down) you mostly just took pictures of your kids

The days of hiring a travel agent??? Tammy's Magical Travel Vacations?
I'm sorry... but no one does that anymore. Do they?
We use Google. And Kayak. And Travelocity. Priceline.
And Disney.com ....if we really want to live the dream.

But me personally? Haven't been on a vacation in over 7 years.
In this economy if I could find the money I wouldn't have the time.
And when I have the time there isn't the money.

I would LOVE to see a current tax report on their household.

I can't help but wonder if there are other young gals out there... Who had liaisons with SM... Heaving a big sigh of relief that they "got away"... With their lives..

:waitasec:

I've been wondering if any connections will be made with prior missing persons, murder or assault charges. Also, whether any prior girlfriends will turn up and provide evidence of prior confrontations involving TM.

I won't be surprised when this story ends up on "Wicked Attraction", "Mainstreet Mysteries", "I'll Kill For You", "Scorned: Love Kills", "Deadly Affairs", "Snapped" and a plethora of other true crime docudramas. This story is insane.

Poor Heather.

Can't wait to see who "plays" TCM...

:waitasec:

Hi everyone. This is my first post -
grateful for the opportunity to participate
with such thoughtful, intelligent contributors.
I apologize in advance if I accidentally break any rules.

First, my heart is broken for the Elvis family.
No one should ever have to go through this.
No words can properly cover it. Praying for each of them.

On Horry County - I've always heard you can spot a real local by the way they pronounce OH-ree.

The "open relationship" was described by TM only, right?
Only once on a Facebook post [modsnip].

I think it was TM's way to save face, to reclaim at least the appearance of control
in the situation (JMO).

Any mentions of a threesome are beyond ridiculous.
TM's only feeling toward HE seemed to be a scalding hatred.

I have no personal experience in an open relationship, but I'm guessing the
"all-caps tattoo of the spouse's name near an erogenous zone"
doesn't exactly point to said spouse's willingness to share

I am new to this case, so I may be way off base in my queston. I thought I had read that LE had these people TM and SM under surveilance since HE had gone missing. If this is so, does anyone have any ideas why they made their move now with the warrants and the arrest? tia

I was thinking about this a bit ago. Maybe hoping they'd lead them to Heather's body? I know sometimes murderers go back to crime scene or location body is. Just my thoughts ….

http://www.thestate.com/2014/02/24/3288442/couple-to-face-murder-charges.html

Horry County Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said when the case got to his office, it was a matter of strategy to get the Moorers in custody on the lesser charges of indecent exposure and obstruction of justice before investigators brought in the U.S. Attorney’s General Office, the S.C. Highway Patrol’s Multidisciplinary Accident Investigation Team and the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division to build a case on the bigger charges.

“The stuff that was found at the house, if we didn’t have a lot of stuff already from two months ago or six weeks ago, it wouldn’t have been that much,” Richardson said. “But it has added to things we already expected. So we were able to find some extra stuff after what we already knew to be obstruction of justice and indecent exposure.”

“Certainly there was a lot of strategy involved. In one way, this case is similar to others in that the more you look, the more you dig, the more you usually get. We started off with a baseline and that was us being capable of saying we can prove beyond probable cause that these two did, in fact, obstruct justice and public nudity,” he said. “As we added to it from the search warrant, we found we could get the kidnapping charge. We ran that by a judge and the judge said, ‘Yes.’ So then after we did that, we looked at some more stuff and then we said, ‘Alright, we think we can get the murder charge.’ We showed that to the judge and, of course, we got an arrest warrant.”

“Keep in mind, kidnapping is simply keeping someone from being able to leave,” Richardson said. “We have this idea that you put a bag over their head and take them out of state,” he said. “Anytime you’re unable to leave, it is a kidnapping. ...

“We’ve got enough to charge them with murder without a body,” Richardson told The Sun News after the press conference. “It’s always easier if you have a body, but we’ve tried cases several times without a body. The main thing about getting a body now is more about peace for the family.”

BBM
Hmmm... very interesting comments by Solicitor Richardson.

IMO, SM confessed when he went to the "hospital." I think he named TM as the shooter at that time. An eye witness is direct evidence. He will probably get 2nd degree and TM will get 1st degree. JMO

(Edited to add: It was noted in news articles that SM was taken to the hospital after he called police to the scene where he said two men in a vehicle pointed a shotgun at him. Believe this was last Thursday night. Will google for the article.)

Here is link: http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_3c018162-98d4-11e3-b6e3-001a4bcf6878.html

LE detectives are much more on the ball than most people realize. They know how to investigate cases and they have a lot of resources at their disposal. They know to do the basic things like look at phone logs, patterns and behaviors of the victim, and determine who the victim had in his/her life and who the victim was in touch with. Yes, they even know about social media. And they know about more advanced things too. This is their chosen career and they take it seriously. Most criminals get caught eventually.

Another older pic of the house from MapQuest (couldn't zoom in any closer):

Attachments

• moorers Mapquest.PNG
    moorers Mapquest.PNG
    748.7 KB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors