SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #22 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, did TM actually take a road trip, after doing the deed, to establish an alibi and for body disposal?

Good thought. There may be financial records showing this too.

There might even be a trail of web sites with info about forensics, how to destroy DNA, etc. - research for the crime itself.

Yes! And searches regarding cell phone pings and activity.

I also wonder if TM and SM were aware of how advanced computer forensics is these days with being able to retrieve totally deleted videos, files, texts, PMs, IMs, and the like.

More and more people are becoming aware of it but there are still some that do not realize how much LE can do these days. I am hoping LE has found very incriminating videos, photos, texts, etc that will help LE prosecute.

Not everything is always recoverable as once a file is deleted and that space is flagged as available then new files and data can overrite the area however, since storage devices have become larger and larger the odds of having that data overwritten becomes less and less. And as Social Media sites become more and more involved in LE requests for certain data they are beginning to save more and more for longer periods of time.

Plus your GPS.

Am I doing something wrong or have the happy couple's facebook's been deleted? Sorry if you guys already noticed it...I'm in catch-up mode!

Did you notice the change in his belt notch from the pic of him getting the tattoo to when it was posted? He definitely lost weight.....

It sure didn't have any obvious affect on TM !

Right......I've always heard the timestamps for the receipts were P.M. which is late in the afternoon & not really sure they have much significance to HE's disappearance.
However, I do remember HE's brother posting on Social Media that the payphone at a gas station is very significant to this case.

I have that screen cap!

When I get back from walking the dog, I will post it in the basement thread!

I sent a PM to @nursebeeme earlier. Just waiting for a response...

Does anyone think maybe TM took a pic of SM with Heather's body to hold over his head and make sure he'd never leave her?

And now LE has that pic?
post #783784C.. slow night. sorry.

I think that as well :( From what Tammy's presented of herself on the dis boards... almost every photo serves to demonstrate enviable characteristics, possessions, or circumstances. Proof that the fantasy is real. IMO if she were to "conquer" something she perceived as a threat to all of it, she would definitely want documentation of it.. preferably the sort that can be photoshopped to be more flattering on her end. (Kudos to whoever made the horrific hunter-posing-in-bed-of-truck-with-fresh-kill analogy.) I can't shake the feeling that at some point that night TM got to ask SM if "it" (HE) was worth it, after she was finally able to physically control and modify whatever was provoking her envy, to whatever symbolic extent she felt necessary. To simultaneously prove her "superiority" and make him feel bad about what she "had" to do. All JMO. Beyond episodes of Nip/Tuck, have there been any other cases of er, vengeful/malicious disfigurement? Or is my mind just randomly going places like that because of TM's disposition? I think everyone's felt a pang of guilty satisfaction after seeing an unflattering photo of someone they don't like.. so like some demented version of that. :/

Wasn't one of the vehicles a General Motors vehicle? OnStar collects data even when you are not paying for the service.

My GPS does, too. Last or Latest visited. Bet LE can tell more than we would expect once they look at it. jmo

Am I doing something wrong or have the happy couple's facebook's been deleted? Sorry if you guys already noticed it...I'm in catch-up mode!

Yes poppygirl, along with pretty much every social media site affiliated with them, including TM's travel agency site. Not sure if LE has taken them offline, or their attorneys are trying to do damage control.

If you knew what their profile names were, you're able to access some data via a search of google webcache.

For those of us who don't know the names of their profiles, then we can't look. :dunno:

If you do :) , then you enter the profile name into google search. Facebook profiles typically come up 1st in google searches :lol:. You'll see a link for the post. You need to click on the drop down menu (small triangle just under the link / URL at the end. It will be on the right hand side, and pointing downward) and click "cached". This only works on the desktop site (not for mobile, AFAIK).

I have been researching the travel site, but don't happen to know any of the URLs for the Ms personal pages. Hope this helps.... :seeya:

:lookingitup::computer:

What were the tumblr posts from Heather? Found them.

There was a on expose on it on 48 hours or 60 minutes or something. I was surprised. Here's a link about it:
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/09/onstar-tracks-you/

Thank you so much for sending that link- I must say I am surprised ! I bought a car a couple years ago(I am the second owner) which has Onstar installed ,tho I never had it activated and assumed there was no connection between them and me - now that's think about it,I have accidentally pushed the Onstar button a couple times while cleaning the car- and the automated voice does come on as if I am still connected- hmm, oh well, I feel like I'm getting some free protection if they're monitoring my car. I have nothing to hide(as far as I know) LOL -so I guess it's not a problem ! Thanks again !

And didn't they find this through HE's cell records? That number showed up after TE request to cell provider?

LE followed the number to Kangaroo and got surveillance video of SM there.

Wasn't this a source for Obstruction charge? SM claiming he only spoke to HE once to tell her to leave him alone? Giving a false, misleading statement?

There seems to be some confusion regarding this. LE found a time/date stamped receipt in Heather's car that she was at that gas station on Dec 17th in the afternoon. However, I'm quite certain that I had either seen/heard something about SM being on surveillance camera at the same location, using the payphone, and that he had lied about it but cannot find the proof to back this up!

Yes poppygirl, along with pretty much every social media site affiliated with them, including TM's travel agency site. Not sure if LE has taken them offline, or their attorneys are trying to do damage control.

If you knew what their profile names were, you're able to access some data via a search of google webcache.

For those of us who don't know the names of their profiles, then we can't look. :dunno:

If you do :) , then you enter the profile name into google search. Facebook profiles typically come up 1st in google searches :lol:. You'll see a link for the post. You need to click on the drop down menu (small triangle just under the link / URL at the end. It will be on the right hand side, and pointing downward) and click "cached". This only works on the desktop site (not for mobile, AFAIK).

I have been researching the travel site, but don't happen to know any of the URLs for the Ms personal pages. Hope this helps.... :seeya:

:lookingitup::computer:

Very helpful, thanks for taking the time to explain!

Long time lurker…Years. Joined because I like wanted to research Teleka's parking lot threads. This will probably not get me any welcome wagons but I have to say the disregard, bashing, bullying and name calling on the perps are disconcerting to me. Yet, I hear these poor innocent children who are being subjected to the FB posts about their parents. I'm not calling anyone out but your posts are public information and easily accessed. Any "14" yr old can google their moms name and see whats being said on Websleuths. You all are great at exploring the facts, and reviewing the process of discovery. I just hope in the interest of the M children, a more professional, congenial forum is pursued in future posting in an effort to protect the children.

You mean worse than being charged with murder, kidnapping, lying to LE and indecent exposure?

And Welcome!!!

What was that I just looked out. Very sick. Did that belong to HE? Was she in any of those pctures? ty

I was a little shocked myself; that was my first time looking at her Tumblr account. I'm afraid that the defense may use this account to try and poison the minds of a jury, if it goes to trial.

Thank you for pointing me to that (and PeterThomasFan did as well)! I've tried to keep up with all the posts, but admittedly I would sometimes skip several pages at a time when the posts seemed repetitive. Looks like a missed a bunch of stuff about tumblr! I wondered why no one had mentioned queuing. Funny -- before I posted my post, I tried to do a quick google to see if queued posts would post at random times instead of only planned ones (because as you said -- nobody would schedule a post at like, 1:09 or whatever). I couldn't find the answer, and it was within one of Heather's threads the whole time! Silly me.

Thanks for your tedious experiments, and don't be embarrassed! :)

I run my website (one of) off of tumblr, you can post from phones with the tumblr app that's free. I'm sure y'all discussed that already but just reaffirming it. The issue with the tumblr app is video posts, or gif's. If you see any tumblr posts by her that are gifs then they were likely made via a computer.

GIFs and videos show up just fine on my tumblr app. Why do you say they're an issue? She did post a video on December 18th, but, embarrassingly, I cannot figure out how to work tumblr well enough to see what the time was, so perhaps it's not even relevant. Just curious.

Not in response to you, but a general comment:

I get sort of foggy when thinking of the timeline, but I don't see any specific reason why HE wouldn't have reblogged from her phone. I know when I'm waiting for someone, I'll grab my phone, and tumblr is one of those time-killing sites where the entertainment is in small doses, easy to pick up, easy to put down. I can totally imagine her sitting in a car and scrolling through her feed, liking and reblogging with just a touch of her finger. Of course, I can also imagine her at home doing the same. I'm not saying she wasn't home, I just don't feel like there's any reason for her have used tumblr from home specifically. As long as she had a phone, she could've made those posts from anywhere.

NG will be talking about HE case in few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia