SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #22 **ARREST**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
See, I wonder if finding HE DNA in TM truck really is a smoking gun. SM could have driven it. LE had been following them for some time. TM's attorney probably could have a field day with LE having notes/video whatever of SM driving around town in the truck by himself. That doesn't seem to automatically implicate her per se.

It would seem that it would be much more conclusive TM was involved. Was it the footage they found showing SM/TM together at that time? We don't know at this time how they even suspect this went down. Was the truck the weapon and they have footage of damage with both SM/TM in the truck? And then found evidence at the home later of HE being there after she died?

Its just interesting to think what LE has that connects the dots.

Kelly

Very good point! They could have used the truck to run her over, and then put Heather in the back, and then disposed of her body.

I'm thinking that Heather was over-powered and killed (sorry, I hate even typing that) very quickly. Because, if she thought SM and TM were going to hurt her, surely she would have said something along the lines of "I've just told my room mate that I'm meeting you, so if anything happens to me, they'll know its you" or "I've told my room mate all about tonight's conversations, so everyone will know who to look for if thing happens to me").

Maybe she did, and they didn't believe her - but a quick check of her phone might have shown them that she was telling the truth.

I have a feeling that Heather was blindsided. Imo, when she drove up to meet SM she saw only him sitting there waiting. However I believe that TM was hiding in the backseat out of sight and once they had her confined in the truck then TM may have strangled her with some type of ligature and SM held Heather so she couldn't resist.:(

IMO

The DNA if found in the SW of the home wouldn't have time to be processed before the arrest.

But imo, they have much more than DNA evidence and if they have found something that 'appears to have blood' on it in places it shouldn't be or even found Heather's clothing she wore that night, with what appears to be blood on it tucked away in the home, that would be more than enough to arrest them for murder. Just the mere fact that anything of Heather's was found inside the home of the suspects would be enough probable cause to arrest them for murder. And more cases are won on CE than direct evidence. Most cases are CE cases. CE is like a puzzle with one link after another and LE has solved the puzzle.

No case has all the forensic evidence results back before an arrest. It will take weeks or months to get all the results back. The only cases I can remember where LE expedited some evidence to the lab and got the results back in less than a week was in the Gee mass murder case in Illinois and the Heinz mass murder case in Georgia, but that is extremely rare.

Imo, LE has solid evidence, whether direct evidence or circumstantial, that Heather has been murdered by the Moorers or they wouldn't have charged them with murder so quickly.

This case reminds me of Sierra Lamar's case when the DA announced murder charges very quickly once they arrested the suspect even though Sierra's body has never been found.

I have noticed in the last few years that more and more DAs are charging the suspects with murder even if the body hasn't been located. It use to take years for them to finally make an arrest and bring it to trial. They used the years of the victim being missing with no one ever hearing from them again to support the position that the victim had been murdered. Then they present all the circumstantial evidence supporting it.

In a lot of these cases of missing body cases there was no forensics/DNA ever found. However; I have seen conviction after conviction on these type of cases. So while DNA is great evidence to have it is not 'everything' and doesn't even have to be present to win a conviction.

I am very satisfied that LE and the DA know they have the right suspects in jail and that they are the kidnappers and murderers of Heather Elvis.

IMO

^^^RBBM^^^

Thank you for posting this oceanblueeyes :heartbeat:

I posted about this on the last thread.

The case against the perp in Sierra's case cas been charged with Capital Murder with Special Circumstances, and is facing the Death Penalty in Santa Clara County. After years of delay (he refused to enter a plea in dozens on hearings) the DA forced his hand, taking the case to the Grand Jury. Within a few days, he was indicted, and he was forced to enter a (surprise: NG) plea.

The Sierra Search Team, coordinated by the incredible folks at KlaasKidsSearch, valiantly continue on in the hopes of bringing Sierra Mae home to her family. Although her friends from high school (both from her hometown, as she had recently moved - and in Morgan Hill, where she was kidnapped on March 16, 2012) hold out hope, the rest of us are resigned to the fact that she is gone, because we know there must be a darned good reason to support a Death Penalty case. We must be careful what we post, because we know that our social media posts can be used against us :twocents:

I completely agree with you. The parallels between these two cases are heartbreaking.

:rose: #FindHeatherElvis :rose:
:rose: #FindSierraLaMar :rose:

That would certainly be kidnapping, but it wouldn't even have to go that far. If she tried to get in her own car and they stopped her, that would be kidnapping as well.

They might not have any direct evidence of kidnapping. It's quite likely they think the circumstantial case that she drove herself there and didn't drive away means they restrained her from leaving.

I do think they have forensic evidence as well along with other CE evidence. Forensic evidence is a form of circumstantial evidence. Direct is like........eye witnesses.......video of the crime .......etc.

Exactly. No one can hold a person against their will even if they grabbed her arm and kept her from leaving.

Restraining anyone in any manner can be kidnapping.

I have even seen cases where the suspect was convicted of kidnapping/murder when the murder happened inside the victim's own home. Restricting anyone's movements for criminal intents is kidnapping them.

IMO

See, I wonder if finding HE DNA in TM truck really is a smoking gun. SM could have driven it. LE had been following them for some time. TM's attorney probably could have a field day with LE having notes/video whatever of SM driving around town in the truck by himself. That doesn't seem to automatically implicate her per se.

It would seem that it would be much more conclusive TM was involved. Was it the footage they found showing SM/TM together at that time? We don't know at this time how they even suspect this went down. Was the truck the weapon and they have footage of damage with both SM/TM in the truck? And then found evidence at the home later of HE being there after she died?

Its just interesting to think what LE has that connects the dots.

Kelly

The truck was the original weapon in the Mickey Shunick case. It was used to bump her bike from behind. and the force knocked her to the ground. She was later stabbed to death after being forced into the truck. :(

The truck was the original weapon in the Mickey Shunick case. It was used to bump her bike from behind. and the force knocked her to the ground. She was later stabbed to death after being forced into the truck. :(

Actually he had to shoot her in the head to keepmher from killing him. I so wish that turned out differently.

Mickey actually was not stabbed to death. BS did stab her and she played dead. When she had an opening she grabbed the knife and was actually able to injure BS. She fought so very hard for her life. BS then shot her in the head. Just FYI.

I distinctly remember noticing her nails in one of the pictures of her and SM where she's touching his face. No fake nails or nail polish. Short nails.

Still trying to catch up, however I distinctly remember noticing TM not wearing a wedding ring, yet photos of SM show him wearing his ring. FWIW

SUMMARY of INDECENT EXPOSURE PHYSICAL LOCATION #1:
Atlantic Avenue and Century Circle, Myrtle Beach - between Dec 17 and 18

I drove by location of first Indecent Exposure incident today.
It's right off the big highway in MB - 501.

I turned off 501 beside Lowe's, then made a left onto Allied which becomes Atlantic Avenue.

I noticed the arrest report listed Atlantic Ave. and Century Circle,
so I continued until I got to where those two roads intersect.

If you face east from Century Circle toward the intersection with Atlantic:

Left corner, there's a large glass manufacturing company.

Right corner, warehouse with a Maintenance Company sign on the front and a smaller sign beneath it listing an aviation company.

From this vantage point, you can look straight ahead about two blocks to see a cul-de-sac where the road dead ends.

There is a dirt road veering off the cul-de-sac
with a sign that reads "service vehicles only."

The glass company was bustling.
Tons of traffic. Lots of people.
Tons of equipment in sight through a line of open bays.

The Maintenance company was locked up tight.
No sign of life whatsoever on the right corner.

A huge tower of PODS storage units were stacked in the maintenance company parking lot, maybe 3 high and 10 wide.

I couldn't decide if this was storage for a PODS business or if they were all there in conjunction with a move.

There are no buildings close to road at the intersection of Atlantic and Century. The glass company front door is about 300 feet back from the road, with parking in front between the building and Atlantic Avenue side.

I saw security cams above all the doors
on both buildings on the Atlantic street side.

This area is all heavy industrial. There's a science research outpost from Coastal Carolina University farther down on Atlantic Ave, but there wouldn't be any "through traffic" for anything on the entire street at night.

The warehouses are all massive,
2-3 stories high with large sliding bays
and loading docks interspersed.

The glass company seemed like a big outfit,
solely about manufacturing, no foot traffic or retail visitors there.

I imagine this entire area would be a ghost town at night, hence the need for all the security cams.

I can't imagine how any of the buildings at that intersection would be close enough to the road that a security cam might pick up indecent exposure in a car parked by the road itself.

I'm probably not describing it too well, so I'll just put my gut feelings out there...

I see two best possibilities:

Option 1) the M's parked at the far end of that cul-de-sac at night (tree cover would block 501 side) There's no building close by. Cars driving by on Atlantic probably wouldn't notice M's vehicle down there unless specifically looking that direction.

The M's hooked up near or maybe in the vehicle in whatever indecent way (anybody know what the weather was like that night?), and a long camera angle from one of the building cams caught grainy footage.
It took expert analysis for the positive ID.

Keep in mind, the M's have "malice and forethought" for the crime they plan for this very night. They're not having public sex for the thrill of possibly getting caught on this particular occasion. This is about perversion. They are excited by what they plan. (I feel queasy just writing that)

Option 2) the M's have a legitimate reason to park closer to a building, one that would explain their being in that area if they were noticed.
Maybe the maintenance company? The storage units?

They park by a building entrance, do whatever they do inside their vehicle, but a security cam catches enough grainy footage for the experts to later confirm IE.

If this act had an eye-witness, the eye-witness didn't report it December 17.
If a security guard or patrol car saw something suspicious, they didn't think enough to pursue it at the time.

If it was something seemingly harmless, like changing clothes in a deserted parking lot, I don't know how LE could get an obstruction charge on that, even if it was on video.

Although, changing clothes before the crime
would be a good reason to undress in the first place!

As for how LE got the video to begin with, I think Cell/Auto GPS or something tipped LE to location and LE requested any and all surveillance tapes from all businesses in the area. (This could include businesses en route from all pertinent locations, plus traffic cams, weather cams, etc)

The December 15th Facebook post by SM about the M's public sexual encounter in mall dressing room and mall family restroom establishes a pattern of behavior for this type of activity.

Note: I did read the post here about solicitor
saying no video of Moorer's was found.

I watched the news clip.
He said there was no "smoking gun" that led to the murder charges. He said LE had a combination of evidence and then the search at the M's home yielded evidence that tied in with what they had and produced more. He elaborated by saying they didn't find video evidence of the Moorer's murdering the victim or anything of that nature.

I took this remark as pertaining exclusively to video evidence found in the Moorer home on Friday, not video evidence in the entire investigation.

As far as the IE location ,,they would have to be identifiable to LE to be charged. That being said ,it has to be facial recognition or the vehicle which brings me to the conclusion it was the red truck they were in. The Black Ford F150 crew cab is a common truck with a common color. The red truck has the toolbox with bed railings and a CB antennae (maybe 2 )attached to it plus some identifiable marks on it . Of course if LE was able to read the tags (doubt it,imo) this is all moot.

I've had many a first date with someone that I already knew and had been talking to quite a bit. Long first dates with these people and there was no sex involved. Because HE and SS are 20ish,that's it. They have to be having sex? SS told police that he dropped her off and went home. He didn't say that he even went into her apartment. He took a poly and passed. As far as having a good time and not wanting to ditch him? The date was long,you said that yourself. Going by HE's words to BW about the date as well as SS's words to LE about the date and the length of the date...perhaps she had a great time,hence the length of the date but was ready for it to be over because she didn't want to have sex with him as SS said that HE told him that she was tired. I think she had fun with SS but he wasn't going to be more than a friend because she was still trying to get over SM. JMO

I didn't say Heather and SS did have sex, just that it's one possibility.

I am certain that we don't know everything SS and Heather's roommate told LE about that night.

ATTENTION!!!!

Twitter tweets aren't deleted forever!! This site http://rs.peoplebrowsr.com/ is a programming that will pull up twitter accounts, even if the account has been deleted! It was used extensively in the Teleka Patrick case. Before I go looking for tweets, has anyone already done this?

ATTENTION!!!!

Twitter tweets aren't deleted forever!! This site http://rs.peoplebrowsr.com/ is a programming that will pull up twitter accounts, even if the account has been deleted! It was used extensively in the Teleka Patrick case. Before I go looking for tweets, has anyone already done this?

this would be something that needs to go to the parking lot thread... (the link is in the opening post.. I will bump it up)

If you have any information about her whereabouts you are asked to call the Horry County Police Department: (843) 915-5350.

Horry County Police Dept.

Media Thread

Heather Elvis Case Social Media Discussion

Heather Elvis Scanner Thread

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6
Thread #7

Thread #8

Thread #9

Thread #10

Thread #11
Thread #12

Thread #13

Thread #14

Thread #15

Thread #16

Thread #17

Thread #18

Thread #19

Thread #20
Thread #21

Condolence Thread for Heather's Family
Please share your thoughts and prayers for the Elvis Family

Verified members on Heather's case

Creek-Ratz - verified insider
helpseeker - verified insider
LadyHawkke - verified insider

Find Heather Elvis Facebook

Heather Elvis Twitter

Heather Elvis Facebook

Heather Elvis Vine

Heather Elvis Picyou

Heather Elvis MySpace

Heather Elvis Pinterest

Heather Elvis Google+

Twicsy

Etsy

Heather's Tumblr

Police Report

1507162_235153466657383_988633367_n.jpg

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24498378/reward-in-heather-elvis-case-increases-to-30000

The FindHeatherElvis Facebook is NOT allowed at this time. This is a deviation from our standard rules, but is necessary in this particular case.
If you have questions, pm a Mod.

Zoomable map, also available in the Maps Media and Timeline thread:

https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid...9,-78.909302&spn=0.399381,0.910492&dg=feature

Thanks to Ghostwheel

social media link is at the top

ATTENTION!!!!

I used it to research Teleka's case. It's a really cool tool! I didn't even think about using it to sleuth this case. I'm off today. Guess where I'll be spending the next 12 hours probably finding nothing? (I'm a really bad sleuther. Especially when there's alcohol involved and it's not even 2pm. Cheers!)

ATTENTION!!!!

I can't believe nobody has done this yet, after all that was done in the Teleka thread. GREAT idea.

I used it to research Teleka's case. It's a really cool tool! I didn't even think about using it to sleuth this case. I'm off today. Guess where I'll be spending the next 12 hours probably finding nothing? (I'm a really bad sleuther. Especially when there's alcohol involved and it's not even 2pm. Cheers!)

It's 5:00 somewhere! :)

read in the Post and Courier yesterday morning about the arrest. So glad to hear there's been an arrest (two arrests) but so sad for Heather and her family. What do authorities believe happened exactly? I got the impression that they'd been following these two suspects for some time, how long was it? I was wondering why they weren't searched earlier, in case H could have still been alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firminouk