SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #22 **ARREST**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She could have just said she was tired to get home so she could deal with whatever SM was pushing her way :(

Yeah, but... okay, I feel like we've been tiptoeing around something and I'm just gonna throw it out there.

Heather and SS went out on a date beginning at 7:00pm. They were not newly acquainted; they had gone to school together and had renewed communication via social media over the previous few weeks. So he picked her up around 7:00, they went to dinner, they went driving around looking at Christmas lights, they had the driving lesson at the Inlet Square Mall parking lot by 10:43, and then... what?

SS apparently dropped Heather off at her apartment shortly before 1:44am, according to LE, so what were they doing during those three hours after the driving lesson? Looking at more Christmas lights? Talking? What else is there for two healthy young 20ish-year-olds to do on a Tuesday night in December in Myrtle Beach?

One possibility is that they had sex. Maybe they went to Heather's apartment after the driving lesson and enjoyed some private time there. And, if Heather was indeed being stalked by TM and/or SM that night and they realized what Heather and SS were up to, the possibility of someone else's DNA being in/on Heather's body if it was found too quickly must have seemed like an incredible stroke of luck.

So that's what been rolling around in my head. If this was more or less what happened on the date, I could very well imagine that Heather was tired. She apparently told her roommate over the phone that she'd had "a great time" with SS, so it doesn't sound like he was someone she'd be eager to ditch.

But what could SM possibly say to lure Heather out if these were the circumstances? All I can think of is something along the lines of "I told Tammy I'm leaving and she hid my keys/slashed my tires/otherwise disabled my truck. I'm walking down to Peachtree Landing. Can you come and pick me up? I don't have anyone else to call."

I have heard two different alibi's for TM - she was out of town on a trip & she was couponing all night with a relative.

I sure hope the relative didn't try to solidify her alibi! :jail:

If Tammy's parents actually owned the vehicles (we don't know that), then he could have said he'd left and didn't have a vehicle. That still doesn't make sense though. If he had left his wife, why would he call Heather from a (rumoured) pay phone?

Perhaps he told Heather TM took his phone and vehicle and was on foot. Heather would have no way of knowing what phone he was calling from because I think Caller-ID probably would not list much info about the phone location.

I do wonder what Caller-ID info would show from a pay phone. Probably just the number and maybe a label of some sort like "pay phone #32" or something like that. They probably knew Heather would not research what particular pay phone he was calling from. Maybe there is 1 near the landing and he may have lied and said he was using another one.

A lot of DNA evidence can be explained away due to heather and Sidney's relationship. No matter where its found he can say "oh yeah we were together there." Even his home. He can say tammy did or didn't know.

Truck evidence will be hard to use because it was known Heather was seeing Sidney. Even evidence in Tammy's truck can be explained away by saying Sidney borrowed her truck to see heather before. Just saying...

But not if it was a sweet new ride just purchased in November ;)--after the affair was supposedly over.
And yes! This is exactly why I want to know whose truck is whose.
I find it hard to believe Tammy and Sidney shared a vehicle. Tammy doesn't seem the type that would be okay with that. Do we know for certain that red truck is TM's dad's? How do we know this? Seems like Tammy would want her own vehicle to follow people around in. Just my thoughts.

Yeah, but... okay, I feel like we've been tiptoeing around something and I'm just gonna throw it out there.

Heather and SS went out on a date beginning at 7:00pm. They were not newly acquainted; they had gone to school together and had renewed communication via social media over the previous few weeks. So he picked her up around 7:00, they went to dinner, they went driving around looking at Christmas lights, they had the driving lesson at the Inlet Square Mall parking lot by 10:43, and then... what?

SS apparently dropped Heather off at her apartment shortly before 1:44am, according to LE, so what were they doing during those three hours after the driving lesson? Looking at more Christmas lights? Talking? What else is there for two healthy young 20ish-year-olds to do on a Tuesday night in December in Myrtle Beach?

One possibility is that they had sex. Maybe they went to Heather's apartment after the driving lesson and enjoyed some private time there. And, if Heather was indeed being stalked by TM and/or SM that night and they realized what Heather and SS were up to, the possibility of someone else's DNA being in/on Heather's body if it was found too quickly must have seemed like an incredible stroke of luck.

So that's what been rolling around in my head. If this was more or less what happened on the date, I could very well imagine that Heather was tired. She apparently told her roommate over the phone that she'd had "a great time" with SS, so it doesn't sound like he was someone she'd be eager to ditch.

But what could SM possibly say to lure Heather out if these were the circumstances? All I can think of is something along the lines of "I told Tammy I'm leaving and she hid my keys/slashed my tires/otherwise disabled my truck. I'm walking down to Peachtree Landing. Can you come and pick me up? I don't have anyone else to call."

That would work, IF, and only IF, they weren't 'flashing', etc at HE the night of the 18th for one of those IE charges.

Sorry for being AFK! BLOOD sugar dropped. What have I missed??? Too sick to catch up. :(

Truck evidence will be hard to use because it was known Heather was seeing Sidney. Even evidence in Tammy's truck can be explained away by saying Sidney borrowed her truck to see heather before. Just saying...

I think it depends on WHAT the evidence is and WHERE it was found in either truck. Blood, soaked into the floor carpeting could not be easily explained in either vehicle.

Yes that makes sense and that's where the "kidnapping" charge came into play. I guess they found the evidence in the back seat of the truck? But how would they know she was HELD there? It's not like they are going to leave a rope behind? Or maybe they did. Who knows.
(snipped images for space)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't have to have held her in the truck. If they think she was forced into it, that is enough to constitute kidnapping. In many states, if she was lured to PTL under false pretenses, that's also enough to constitute kidnapping.

How does she know this info? It makes sense, but I would love to know the source.

my guess is she learned it from the business the video was taken from..doesn't seem to be too many businesses in the immediate area of their home..I originally thought the utility company would have been the source of video.
As for the truck used by the Moorer's , I thought (maybe incorrectly ) that the red one was used by SM for work because it was beat up a bit and had the tool box in the bed. If so ,I couldn't picture TM hiding in the back as it is a extended cab which really doesn't have that much room for one to duck down in. I didn't notice the windows to be tinted thereby concealing the person inside the cab either. If they used the Black truck that was TM's, with the crew cab , one would think that HE would see that as unusual for SM to be driving it.Would she have even recognized it as being SM unless he was outside of it as there are no lights at PTL (right?) . If she arrived first she couldn't tell who was driving from the headlight glare of the truck as he drove in. If he was there first then either he was outside the truck or she pulled along side his drivers door to identify him,imo.:twocents:

The pages here at WS are loading more slowly for me today than the eagle egg is hatching...
http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24807191/watch-eaglet-hatches-on-berry-college-eagle-cam?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass
Wish someone hadn't got me started on that yesterday!
Too many pages open (found out there is a maximum when I opened the eaglet page) and too little done around the house this past week!
Please everyone try to talk slowly today. I hate skipping ahead so many pages and missing so many interesting thoughts! :)
:lol: That may have been me, Sorry! :p
I love it when Ma and Pa are together in the nest and seem to bicker at each other. :) Ive noticed Pa is much more clumsy around the egg and also when feeding the chick, he tears a bit, puts it in chicks mouth then quickly retrieves it back and eats the scrap himself!!

Sorry for the O/T folks

No.. you are not alone. WS has been dragging for me since last night too.

I started to freak, thinking i was missing something BIG - cause thats what usually happens when something goes on and everyone flocks to WS, me included!

I have a little tip for people having connection problems, which I do on this site all the time and it seems to work for me.

Firstly, make sure you have 'remember me' ticked at the log in screen.
Then, once you open the thread (click the blue arrow that points downwards), the site will take you to the post you last looked at when you previously closed websleuths.
At this point, read the page to the bottom.
Then - click the next numbered page as normal, but also click each numbered page thereafter, right up until you are on the current page people are posting on.
You then click 'back' however many times you need to to get back to the page you have read up to.
You then click the 'forward' button once you have read to the bottom of each page until you catch up.
At this point you would refresh the page as there are no more posts and repeat what I just typed.

It is beneficial to the site as there is not a plethora of people clicking 'refresh, plus beneficial to you as any of the mods 'tidying' up is oblivious to you.

If Tammy's parents actually owned the vehicles (we don't know that), then he could have said he'd left and didn't have a vehicle. That still doesn't make sense though. If he had left his wife, why would he call Heather from a (rumoured) pay phone?
I'm not so sure Heather's murder was premeditated.
TM likely had online access to their phone account, and would be able to see any phone calls/texts that SM sent almost immediately. Maybe SM and TM had a fight over Heather that night. SM might have called Heather from home (taunting his wife) and telling her he was leaving his wife. I imagine Heather could hear TM screaming in the background.
He might have then left the house with TM threatening to kill him or Heather, or both if he went to meet Heather. Maybe he didn't want her to see that he was contacting Heather after he left, so he used a pay phone (but could just be rumor).
I do think as jealous as she was, TM may have had a tracking app on SM's phone, and that may be how she found him there at PTL.
SM might have wanted to meet Heather there, rather than risking TM following him to Heather's apartment and continuing a confrontation there.
He may have called Heather begging her to meet him at PTL, and telling her that TM wouldn't find them there. That she would be safe.
Just speculating, but possibly TM found them both at PTL, and saw Heather in SM's car, and then TM went into a blind rage, killing Heather, and threatening to kill SM (or making other threats) if he didn't do as she said. Or possibly she demanded Heather climb into the toolbox and they drove elsewhere?
I don't know what time the IE incidents occur, but possibly afterwards?
I guess it's possible that the whole thing was pre-planned by both, but that makes my head hurt just thinking about it...
Anyway, that's the only scenario I can think of for the rumored pay phone call.

What's for lunch at JRL Resort today? Wish we could have a few photo's of the amenities and dining choices :/

It's certainly possible, but I just don't see that being a priority during a murder.

We have to keep in mind the type of person who may have been involved. A certain type person who may live on Social Media would think it is very much a priority to fake some posts on Heathers account.

We will probably have to wait for the trial to have anything confirmed though.

Without a medical examiner report declaring the time of death it may be difficult to be able to prove someone used her phone to make certain posts or activity. Maybe there are other ways LE can determine it was not Heather that made certain posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firminouk