SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #23 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like we are seeing a surge in violent female criminals, moreso than in history. It's fascinating, I'd love to see some research on it.

I feel like we are seeing a surge in violent female criminals, moreso than in history. It's fascinating, I'd love to see some research on it.

I agree. And for them all to be so brazen with their actions through social media. The things they do that become incriminating evidence later on (like photographs). If it turns out there is some kind of photographic evidence in this case that links TM directly, like she took a picture of a deceased HE and saved it in her archives, I would not be surprised at all. First we had Casey with her party pics, then Jodi and her inadvertently taken pics of TA that told a different story than the one she was spouting and now this. I will be more shocked actually if there are no photos. It is almost like social media is making them worse than they might have been. They become something online and that is the life they want to live and when it is threatened, they remove the threat. I would read that research.

I agree. And for them all to be so brazen with their actions through social media. The things they do that become incriminating evidence later on (like photographs). If it turns out there is some kind of photographic evidence in this case that links TM directly, like she took a picture of a deceased HE and saved it in her archives, I would not be surprised at all. First we had Casey with her party pics, then Jodi and her inadvertently taken pics of TA that told a different story than the one she was spouting and now this. I will be more shocked actually if there are no photos. It is almost like social media is making them worse than they might have been. They become something online and that is the life they want to live and when it is threatened, they remove the threat. I would read that research.

The new generation want accolades and attention. LIKES! I got the most likes! :(

How did you find our board, word was people kept posting on Disboards about the case and it kept getting deleted. YOu sound like a crimebuff.

Since I have been following this case, I have now started looking at my facebook friends and wondering, are they who they say they are? This really makes you aware of the danger, cruelty, and just downright creepy people.

All my FB friends are people I actually know, either IRL friends or family, so I'm absolutely certain they are who they say they are. And my privacy settings are locked up tight, one of those super boring profiles that won't let you see anything if you're just snooping, lol. There are statuses I've posted, conversations, photos that I wouldn't want just anyone to have access to. Especially after what I've learned about the world since joining WS. It just seems best to be... prudent.

I did give my daughter some very specific instructions, though: if I ever go missing, she's supposed to get on my FB account and throw my privacy settings wide open so people can learn who I am (or was, as the case may be), so they'll care more about finding me. And she's also supposed to get on WS and sound the alarm, "OkieGranny is missing!" I promised her y'all would rise to the occasion. :loveyou:

My biggest concern in the case at this point besides not finding Heather to give her family some peace and closure, is not finding heather for justice to be served. I know LE says that they have all the evidence they need for this trial, but it feels like such a huge risk without a body. Especially since a solicitor said there isn't a smoking gun or any videos for the conviction. I hope LE didn't rush into anything to make the public happy. They can't be tried twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new generation want accolades and attention. LIKES! I got the most likes! :(

How did you find our board, word was people kept posting on Disboards about the case and it kept getting deleted. YOu sound like a crimebuff.

Exactly. Taking popularity to a whole new level, with new ramifications from this upsurge of 'Me! Me! Me!'.

Honestly, I can't remember where I found it but I believe it probably was the Dis on the trial watchers thread, not one specific to this case as those were deleted ASAP. All of the posts regarding this case have now been removed from that thread, but I am pretty sure that is where I found the link a few days ago. I am surprised I had never stumbled here before because like you said, I am a wee bit of a crimebuff. ;) I am glad I am here now. :)

Again, finally caught up.

I only wanted to say I think maybe SM might turn on TM. Now that he is "free" of her and her rules? I don't know and am in no way an expert, but maybe with moving TM, SM might get real mad, about that she is getting moved somewhere so she has a better time in prison than he does?? I think that might push him over the edge. LE has been very calculated in how they have dealt with this case, maybe this is another way to try and get one to talk? Just thinking out loud :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have to laugh read TM post on the Disney Board she was really excited that Mickey Mouse showed up at the cruise ship dining room area but didn't sign autographs. Is TM for real? It's just a person in a mouse costume for goodness sakes. She really is eccentric living in a fantasy world.

OR she was hamming it up sucking up to Disney in the hopes of acknowledgement,goodies,use of 1 of her pictures,etc?? In those boards she claimed to be a bargain hunter-maybe she was fishing for some freebies from Disney??

All my FB friends are people I actually know, either IRL friends or family, so I'm absolutely certain they are who they say they are. And my privacy settings are locked up tight, one of those super boring profiles that won't let you see anything if you're just snooping, lol. There are statuses I've posted, conversations, photos that I wouldn't want just anyone to have access to. Especially after what I've learned about the world since joining WS. It just seems best to be... prudent.

Not to play Devil's advocate or anything, but I know TM IRL. I have been in the presence of her and her family together. I have shared meals with her, I rode rides at WDW with her. She obviously said she was one thing when she ultimately is something else entirely. Even though we think we are careful and know our FB friends IRL, we may not really know them at all. KWIM?

I always had a rule on who I approved as a friend (they had to pass a few roadblocks for me to hit accept, lol), and obviously since I had spent time with TM IRL, she met my criteria. Now I will rethink everyone.

Same here, never have I seen such obsession. Kinda scary. Can't imagine what it must be like growing up in that house. *shudders*

I would love to know how they seemed to have so much money. Something is really off with that.

I'm combing through her postings on the Disboards looking for material for the timeline, anything that gives clues to their character and motivations, trying to pin down exactly how often they went on these trips, and how they paid for them.

I did find a post mentioning that walking on the beach made her "lawnmower foot" hurt. Perhaps a reference to a childhood injury that led to a rumored lawsuit but, if there had been any lawsuit, surely that money would be long gone by now.

Today I was reading one thread where TM got into some convoluted meal plan/ticket dispute that was going to cost her $300 if it wasn't resolved, and she wrote that $300 was hard to come by at her house. This was during their third trip to WDW that year, and she was crying poor.

That was in 2009. In 2010, she commented that they go to WDW once a year.

I have to take frequent breaks from the Disboards. The whiplash is killing me...

Delta Dawn, I know a few people who know T M and SM and they are truly shocked by all of this. It goes to show some folk live a double life.

Not to play Devil's advocate or anything, but I know TM IRL. I have been in the presence of her and her family together. I have shared meals with her, I rode rides at WDW with her. She obviously said she was one thing when she ultimately is something else entirely. Even though we think we are careful and know our FB friends IRL, we may not really know them at all. KWIM?

I always had a rule on who I approved as a friend (they had to pass a few roadblocks for me to hit accept, lol), and obviously since I had spent time with TM IRL, she met my criteria. Now I will rethink everyone.

Point taken. This is where I sheepishly admit that I'm not a social person at all IRL and probably 90% of my FB friends are either family members or people I've known for at least twenty or thirty years. That other 10%? Hmm...

I apologize if this has been asked before, but what was the dynamic between TM and SM? Also between them and their kids?

I have to laugh read TM post on the Disney Board she was really excited that Mickey Mouse showed up at the cruise ship dining room area but didn't sign autographs. Is TM for real? It's just a person in a mouse costume for goodness sakes. She really is eccentric living in a fantasy world.

I was watching TV and there was a commercial for Disney. Luminaire , the candlestick character in "Beauty and the Beast" is singing "Be Our Guest." For whatever reason, I pictured the guards at the detention center/jail SM is at singing this to her today as she arrived there.

I live about 15 minutes from Disneyland in Cali and I have never met any adult in my life that was obsessed like TM except maybe young kids. Strange IMO

Except maybe Michael Jackson.

I live about 40 minutes from said Disney Park and I know a couple who are all in to Disney and buying pins and trading them. They never had any children. They are wacky about Disneyland. They are 65 and 63 years old. They are like little kids. They have season passes and go almost every week. They hang out in Club 33 and all that other special stuff.

Wonder if TM has ever been to Club 33 at Disney World, if there is such a thing?

I live about 40 minutes from said Disney Park and I know a couple who are all in to Disney and buying pins and trading them. They never had any children. They are wacky about Disneyland. They are 65 and 63 years old. They are like little kids. They have season passes and go almost every week. They hang out in Club 33 and all that other special stuff.

Wonder if TM has ever been to Club 33 at Disney World, if there is such a thing?

I haven't been since my kids were little and that was probably 22 years ago. I live close to knotts berry farm also. Its so much more fun as they have some fun and scary coaster rides. I think in High School Disney was a fun place to go for the social dancing thing and date night but as a married older person I just don't get the obsessive attraction to Disney costumed characters and Disney motif.

I was watching TV and there was a commercial for Disney. Luminaire , the candlestick character in "Beauty and the Beast" is singing "Be Our Guest." For whatever reason, I pictured the guards at the detention center/jail SM is at singing this to her today as she arrived there.

That's so funny. I needed a good laugh :)

Oh me... now that song is stuck in my head... Be Our Guest, Be Our Guest, Put our service to the test... UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't been since my kids were little and that was probably 22 years ago. I live close to knotts berry farm also. Its so much more fun as they have some fun and scary coaster rides. I think in High School Disney was a fun place to go for the social dancing thing and date night but as a married older person I just don't get the obsessive attraction to Disney costumed characters and Disney motif.

When my daughter got married and was on her honeymoon in Hawaii, I had her kids and took them to Disneyland one day. That was about 5 years ago.

I went as a teenager for the "Spring Fling" they use to have, then of course for Grad Nite when I graduated H.S.

Took the kids when they were little also.

When my SIL retired from the phone company, she chose to take the entire family to Disneyland and have brunch at Club 33 as her retirement option.

I was going to that Mickey's Trick or Treat Halloween thing at California Adventure each year with my Disney crazy friends but I wasn't into it so we quit going with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatMeryl